+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

kaur1172

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
nicely explained... Thank you for your efforts. I have a question.. in my document checklist, it doesn't show me any field to upload Police clearance. Should I still get a Police clearance Certificate.

sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
If you don't want to claim points of your wife then there is no requirement to submit any proof of document of your wife .
and ya, you have to submit merriage certificate at the time of submiting your express entry profile .

sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
Two more questions i have

1- For secondary applicant (my spouse) - do i need to show her work experience in work history for her - i feel since i am not getting/claiming any points for that - i should not show it- else i need to produce reference letters for her as well
2 - Do we need to fill in marriage date at any stage while creating CIC profile or it is to be filled in after ITA (AOR stage) ?
If you don't want to claim points of your wife then there is no requirement to submit any proof of document of your wife .
and ya, you have to submit merriage certificate at the time of submiting your express entry profile .

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
I have two questions if you could answer them please.
1. My sister applied for student visa and she got it. Should she bring the same amount of proof of funds with her to show at border protection that she showed in her application while applying?
2. I live in Canada and I do have a bank account here but my sister doesn’t since she hasn’t landed here yet. So can she transfer the money (POF) to my bank account and show my bank statement and a letter from me stating that I’ll be paying her fee from my account, at the border protection??

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks ..point 1 is clear. Since I am not claiming points for my current experience I will mention the current orgn experience only in personal history and that also after ITA

Point 2- yes I can get all of this. So I will be submitting only the reference letter which would not be on letter head but signed by my earlier boss plus the above stated supporting documents. Do we need to get letter from my earlier boss notarized as well?

I am worried visa officer should not think that I got letter signed from any random person since I am not able to prove my earlier boss was actually my earlier boss
2- Yes, you can. It will add legal validity. The more evidence you provide the better your application will be.

Best of luck

kaur1172

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I have one question, Usually, CIC asks for Police Clearance Certificate. But in my case, the checklist does not have any field to upload police certificate. Am I still required to get a PCC?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
nicely explained... Thank you for your efforts. I have a question.. in my document checklist, it doesn't show me any field to upload Police clearance. Should I still get a Police clearance Certificate.
That's odd. You should always have a section for this. Are you applying under Federal skilled worker?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi,

That's the correct way to do it. Definitely good enough.

Regards
Hi. I have similar situation but it’s the other way round. My name on passport is XY and my degree mentions this as XYZ. I’m choosing Yes and attaching LOE and same name affidavit in the legal name change placeholder.

Simranjit1995

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Hi everyone
I submitted my profile on 9oct 2018
Cic is reviewing my eligibility and they have started the background check
My question is
I have one year of skilled experience out of which one experience is of 1.5 month
And the experience letter which i get from that ...by mistake has the wrong address because they had two locations in the same mall and the experience letter also had the companies operating name on the letter head not the official name which is on my t4
But i have attached my t4 as a supporting document which is accurate and the letter head has my employers name and his contact information which is upto date and they also closed that company
So i want to know that is there anything to worry about it
If the offider asked for another letter head with exact company name and address
I could provide that
Or they simply gonna reject my file
Any suggestions??
Thank you

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi everyone
I submitted my profile on 9oct 2018
Cic is reviewing my eligibility and they have started the background check
My question is
I have one year of skilled experience out of which one experience is of 1.5 month
And the experience letter which i get from that ...by mistake has the wrong address because they had two locations in the same mall and the experience letter also had the companies operating name on the letter head not the official name which is on my t4
But i have attached my t4 as a supporting document which is accurate and the letter head has my employers name and his contact information which is upto date and they also closed that company
So i want to know that is there anything to worry about it
If the offider asked for another letter head with exact company name and address
I could provide that
Or they simply gonna reject my file
Any suggestions??
Thank you
Hi,

If you fear that this causes confusion submit a case-specific enquiry with the new letter and a letter of explanation.

Better safe than sorry.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi. I have similar situation but it’s the other way round. My name on passport is XY and my degree mentions this as XYZ. I’m choosing Yes and attaching LOE and same name affidavit in the legal name change placeholder.
Well it's really up to you. The name change section is really meant for those who have changed their name legally, but as long as everything is well explained you have nothing to worry about.

Regards

Reactions: Shahanastar

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I applied under Express Entry after BC PNP was approved
Ok, are you in Canada already and applying under CEC? If not, you definitely need to submit your police clearance.

regards