+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

som_can

Mar 16, 2018
Hi All, i have a question. I have got my ita in June. We just had our baby and now we have to add him in the profile too. We mailed cic about this. they have asked us to upload the passport / birth certificate / payment receipt etc. in addition they have also asked us to fill form imm 5406 & imm 008. My issue is, these 2 forms are not opening on my system. i have tried different laptops / mobile. also tried opening on cic website, there also its not opening. can any 1 confirm / check if its opening in their system and tell me if they have also faced the same problem

Tush2016

Oct 16, 2018
To demonstrate work experience, letters of reference from all employers for the past 6 years are required and must include all of the following in one document;

Letters must:

• be written on company letterhead

• be signed by the responsible human resources officer, supervisor, or manager

• show company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses be stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

Letters must include all the following information:

• the specific period of your employment with the company

• the positions you have held during the period of employment and time spent in each position

• your main responsibilities and duties in each position

• your annual salary plus benefits in each position the number of hours worked per week in each position

• proof that you have performed the actions described in the lead statements for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 2016, and proof that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, as set out in the occupational description of NOC 2016 of your identified NOC code.

What is the meaning of the last bullet of “proof that you have performed the actions described in the lead statements for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 2016, and proof that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, as set out in the occupational description of NOC 2016 of your identified NOC code”

Imprint

Dec 3, 2018
Hi guys/girls,

I have studied in Canada about 8 years back and now deciding to go back. when I apply, the qualification for have studied in canada is showing as zero-0 points. how can I put that in the application form. and I have written in the education part, but it does not reflect in the CRS - Canadian Education for point system.
Here is a picture of it.
any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I guess I cannot put image, so here is copy-paste:::

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

Your score is based on factors such as a job offer, a nomination from a province or territory, siblings, French language skills and post-secondary Canadian education.

Other
Criteria Score
CRS - Arranged Employment 0
Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Canadian education 0
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The grey part.

sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
This is the status of my application.

 Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
 Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
 Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
 Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
 Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
 Background check Not applicable.
 Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anybody let me knows what is my status of application?

depali_nn

Nov 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

I would like to know, how can I send an email to CIC to clarify something, I know I can submit a case-specific enquiry, but can I send a normal email? and also what is the phone number to talk call CIC from abroad?

Thanks a lot to everyone for the assistance in advance.

mohitk.84

Aug 18, 2018
Guys i have question around reference letters (major show stopper for me currently)
Query 1 - Is it mandatory to give reference letter from current employer ( i have more than 3 yr of experience prior to joining current organization) - if yes it is - is it ok if my senior colleague from different department certifies my R&R on piece of paper and provides his visiting card
Query 2 - In my earlier organization (from where i have to source reference letter) - my earlier boss has moved out from that organization and is working in another organization as an consultant and does not possess a visiting/business card or an email id - he also does not have visiting/business card of earlier organization - What should be done in this case.

Please reply since this is urgent for me. thanks

mohitk.84

Aug 18, 2018
Two more questions i have

1- For secondary applicant (my spouse) - do i need to show her work experience in work history for her - i feel since i am not getting/claiming any points for that - i should not show it- else i need to produce reference letters for her as well
2 - Do we need to fill in marriage date at any stage while creating CIC profile or it is to be filled in after ITA (AOR stage) ?

thms

Oct 28, 2017
Two more questions i have

1- For secondary applicant (my spouse) - do i need to show her work experience in work history for her - i feel since i am not getting/claiming any points for that - i should not show it- else i need to produce reference letters for her as well
2 - Do we need to fill in marriage date at any stage while creating CIC profile or it is to be filled in after ITA (AOR stage) ?
1. For experience not claiming, no need to update in work history. You have to mention in personal history(post Ita)

2. Marriage date u have to mention in post ITA application

Reactions: mohitk.84

zwere

Dec 3, 2018
Very useful information.l had my accademic and proffesional documents authenticated by CGFNS is it recognised in Canada or I will have to again use a different body to verify my papers since I studied in utside Canada?
Please help

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Very useful information.l had my accademic and proffesional documents authenticated by CGFNS is it recognised in Canada or I will have to again use a different body to verify my papers since I studied in utside Canada?
Please help
Hi,

That is not one of the authorised organisation. You will need to use one of these:

"
Assessment of most foreign education
You must use an organization on our list. If an organization isn’t on this list, we will not accept assessments from them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Guys i have question around reference letters (major show stopper for me currently)
Query 1 - Is it mandatory to give reference letter from current employer ( i have more than 3 yr of experience prior to joining current organization) - if yes it is - is it ok if my senior colleague from different department certifies my R&R on piece of paper and provides his visiting card
Query 2 - In my earlier organization (from where i have to source reference letter) - my earlier boss has moved out from that organization and is working in another organization as an consultant and does not possess a visiting/business card or an email id - he also does not have visiting/business card of earlier organization - What should be done in this case.

Please reply since this is urgent for me. thanks
Hi,

1- It is not mandatory. You only need to submit references for the experience you are claiming points for. You can then add your current employment to the personal history section.
2- Your reference does not have to be written by your former boss. It can be from HR directly and as long as all details are on the letter (letterhead, address, email and contact number) there is no need for a business card.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello everyone,

I would like to know, how can I send an email to CIC to clarify something, I know I can submit a case-specific enquiry, but can I send a normal email? and also what is the phone number to talk call CIC from abroad?

Thanks a lot to everyone for the assistance in advance.
Hi,

CIC doesnt really like people calling from outside Canada so the best way to contact them is the Case-specific enquiry. However, you can try emailing your local visa office if you know it.

All the best

Reactions: depali_nn

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
This is the status of my application.

 Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
 Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
 Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
 Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
 Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
 Background check Not applicable.
 Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anybody let me knows what is my status of application?
Hi,

This looks like N/A 1. Expect your medical status to change soon and to move to IP2.

All the pest.

Reactions: sohamamin

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi guys/girls,

I have studied in Canada about 8 years back and now deciding to go back. when I apply, the qualification for have studied in canada is showing as zero-0 points. how can I put that in the application form. and I have written in the education part, but it does not reflect in the CRS - Canadian Education for point system.
Here is a picture of it.
any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I guess I cannot put image, so here is copy-paste:::

Other

Your score is based on factors such as a job offer, a nomination from a province or territory, siblings, French language skills and post-secondary Canadian education.

Other
Criteria Score
CRS - Arranged Employment 0
Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Canadian education 0
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0

The grey part.
Hi,

You must be entering some incorrect information. If you enter accurate Caanadian education information the system will give you the points you deserve.

All the best

Reactions: Imprint

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
To demonstrate work experience, letters of reference from all employers for the past 6 years are required and must include all of the following in one document;

Letters must:

• be written on company letterhead

• be signed by the responsible human resources officer, supervisor, or manager

• show company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses be stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

Letters must include all the following information:

• the specific period of your employment with the company

• the positions you have held during the period of employment and time spent in each position

• your main responsibilities and duties in each position

• your annual salary plus benefits in each position the number of hours worked per week in each position

• proof that you have performed the actions described in the lead statements for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 2016, and proof that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, as set out in the occupational description of NOC 2016 of your identified NOC code.

What is the meaning of the last bullet of “proof that you have performed the actions described in the lead statements for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC 2016, and proof that you have performed a substantial number of the main duties, as set out in the occupational description of NOC 2016 of your identified NOC code”
Hi,

In simple terms, it means your responsibilities and duties listed in the reference letter must clearly show that you have done the job detailed in the description of the NOC code. there should be no doubt at all.

All the best