+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

blueshark

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Good evening everyone!!
I have a question regarding ECA. I have done one year post graduate certificate program from Toronto Canada in 2015. But due an emergency I had to come back to India in January 2016. I'm planning to apply under FSW program. My question is weather I have to get my ECA done for my Bachelor's degree?

Hirra*

Jan 13, 2018
Incorrect- you can show any experience as long as its a minimum of 1 year. Furthermore, you can experience for 2 NOC codes as well- I had used 0114 and 0125 for showcasing my 7 years of experience. Almost all the NOC codes are reflected in the present list as opposed to pre-2015.
Agreed, I checked and found both codes according to experience. Thanks

sharma_vidhyut

Nov 27, 2017
Well with that much amount of money, you won't have any problem whatsoever as far as POF are concerned (of course you will have to prove it that this is readily available to you)
This is the new list of POF requirements:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html
Coming to finances, this section is very confusing and poorly written.
"For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds."
What does equity on property mean? Loan or is it a typing error and they mean property or equity?

Also it remains ambiguous whether we need a fresh POF certificate at time of landing? If yes, same format as when we used during application of just a bank statement will do?

In the bottom section they give examples of sources of funds that cancan be seized if ignored is above 10.000 and we do not declare. Alright seize if you desire, but tell us clearly are stocks, property, treasury bills, debentures etc mentioned can be used as source of funds or not? And tell for both stages.

All in all so ambiguous and poorly written it leaves you totally confused.

Practically I have read memebers who have already landed that they do not even ask to see POF documents at time of landing. Just ask a figure sum which will be put in a form. But do they have a right to ask for a fresh document or not? I remember reading somewhere that we are expected to bring all the documents that we used at time of application post ITA. But no mention of any fresh POF.
Well you will of course have to carry your latest bank statement at the time of landing...so as to assure them that the money is still with you (in case you are showing your bank statement as POF)..in case of FDs, the doc provided at the time of e-APR is sufficient...!!
To answer your question on Equity on Property - It means that you did not actually sell your property at the time of declaration but have provided the value of your property through a valid valuation document from three different companies...Again it is CIC who decides to agree with your valuation document or not based on their checks on the same..!!

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
It
Well you will of course have to carry your latest bank statement at the time of landing...so as to assure them that the money is still with you (in case you are showing your bank statement as POF)..in case of FDs, the doc provided at the time of e-APR is sufficient...!!
To answer your question on Equity on Property - It means that you did not actually sell your property at the time of declaration but have provided the value of your property through a valid valuation document from three different companies...Again it is CIC who decides to agree with your valuation document or not based on their checks on the same..!!
I am showing bank statements. I will also be carrying cash plus possibly travelers cheque or similar instrument. That will cover half my required funds. The other half will be my latest bank statement. I have few follow up questions if you can answer,

1- do we have to take a similar POF document as in the prescribed format of average 6 monthly statements, or just a normal bank statement?

Second. Is statement of equity shares valid as POF?

Third Do we have to show a minimum of twelve and half hundred C dollars or the amount we showed in our initial application.

Fourth I have planned a week holiday in a third country and I arrive in Canada via that country. So will they assume some money has been spent on that, how much to be on safe side?

sharma_vidhyut

Nov 27, 2017
It

I am showing bank statements. I will also be carrying cash plus possibly travelers cheque or similar instrument. That will cover half my required funds. The other half will be my latest bank statement. I have few follow up questions if you can answer,

1- do we have to take a similar POF document as in the prescribed format of average 6 monthly statements, or just a normal bank statement?
Normal Bank statement at the time of landing is enough.
Second. Is statement of equity shares valid as POF?
No..as the value may rise and fall based on the market..it's not stable throughout..!!
Third Do we have to show a minimum of twelve and half hundred C dollars or the amount we showed in our initial application.
12.5 CAD...It should be the minimum amount required..It is obvious that if one is offering bank statement as POF and has around 15k CAD at the time of declaration, that money can decrease till the time you get your PR or land in Canada. The only point is, it should not go lower than the minimum based on family size.
Fourth I have planned a week holiday in a third country and I arrive in Canada via that country. So will they assume some money has been spent on that, how much to be on safe side?
Just the minimum amount as per your no. of family members..it doesn't matter how much have you spent before landing..as long as you have the minimum with proof they don't bother..!!

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Dear Friends,
1st IELTS score - L-8, R-6.5, S-7 and W-7.5.
2nd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-8.5, W-6.5 and R-7.
3rd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-7, S-6.5 and W-7.
I thought I can achieve at least 7 in all somehow I lost in 0.5 Could you please suggest
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the result published on 29-Dec-2017?
1. Is it worth to apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt. Will it help?
2. When will we receive revaluation result?
3. Is there any chance that Mark goes down?

Please advise.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dear Friends,
1st IELTS score - L-8, R-6.5, S-7 and W-7.5.
2nd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-8.5, W-6.5 and R-7.
3rd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-7, S-6.5 and W-7.
I thought I can achieve at least 7 in all somehow I lost in 0.5 Could you please suggest
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the result published on 29-Dec-2017?
1. Is it worth to apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt. Will it help?
2. When will we receive revaluation result?
3. Is there any chance that Mark goes down?

Please advise.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva
for your third attempt, you can definitely apply for revaluation since a half band in speaking can be increased. You can apply for revaluation within six weeks from the TRF received. the result is usually out in 2-4 weeks in India.

Reactions: rthoguluva

shreyansh

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Prince Albert
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-06-2017
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
13-02-2018
Med's Done....
22-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.
what do we need to show the experience we have gain? does the experience letter on the letterhead of the company will be enogh or do we need any government proof stating we paid tax?

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
for your third attempt, you can definitely apply for revaluation since a half band in speaking can be increased. You can apply for revaluation within six weeks from the TRF received. the result is usually out in 2-4 weeks in India.
Many Thanks Preeti, Thanks a ton for help.

mzeglam03

Jan 19, 2018
I have two different experience with two different NOC code.
3 years outside Canada for NOC:8232
1 year in Canada for NOC:2281
Is both of them will consider in EE, If I put the NOC 8232 as a primary occupation.
Am I going to get 50 points for foreign experience and another 50 points for Canadian experience

Hirra*

Jan 13, 2018
Hi friends
I have two Master degrees.
One in English
Second in Political science
Someone told me to send only one masters degree to WES.
While is it ok to send both??

rahul m

Nov 3, 2017
Hi,

First of all, really appreciate the efforts and time put in by each members of this forum. Very helpful

Below are some of my concerns

Firstly,
I am done with my langauge test results and ECA(from WES-Masters) also.
Shall I now create the express entry profile?

I checked my CRS score and it stands at 392. Planning to retake the IELTs and improve the score(My score was S6.5,W6.5,R7,L8) and thereby updating.

Secondly, I do not have the required funds in my account currently. The funds will be transferred from my mother's account. In that case, I read that a notarized affidavit is necessary.
So can someone share what should be the main contents of the affidavit(in brief)?
Also at what stage of the process should the funds be seen in the account?
Is it okay if the fund is transferred after the profile is created?
Should the funds lie in the account for minimum 6 months?

Thirdly, as per my understanding and in my case, the following are pending from my side:
*POF with the notarized affidavit
*Job letter
*Police clearance certificate
*Medical exams
Please let me know if if I am missing anything?

Also, how likely the cut off scores will go below 400 in the future?

Thanking you all in advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Incorrect- you can show any experience as long as its a minimum of 1 year. Furthermore, you can experience for 2 NOC codes as well- I had used 0114 and 0125 for showcasing my 7 years of experience. Almost all the NOC codes are reflected in the present list as opposed to pre-2015.
It's actually a minimum of 1 year in your primary NOC, but the rest does not need to be more than 1 year. Eg 2.5 year in primary NOC plus 6 months in another NOC is equal to 3 years.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

First of all, really appreciate the efforts and time put in by each members of this forum. Very helpful

Below are some of my concerns

Firstly,
I am done with my langauge test results and ECA(from WES-Masters) also.
Shall I now create the express entry profile?

I checked my CRS score and it stands at 392. Planning to retake the IELTs and improve the score(My score was S6.5,W6.5,R7,L8) and thereby updating.

Secondly, I do not have the required funds in my account currently. The funds will be transferred from my mother's account. In that case, I read that a notarized affidavit is necessary.
So can someone share what should be the main contents of the affidavit(in brief)?
Also at what stage of the process should the funds be seen in the account?
Is it okay if the fund is transferred after the profile is created?
Should the funds lie in the account for minimum 6 months?

Thirdly, as per my understanding and in my case, the following are pending from my side:
*POF with the notarized affidavit
*Job letter
*Police clearance certificate
*Medical exams
Please let me know if if I am missing anything?

Also, how likely the cut off scores will go below 400 in the future?

Thanking you all in advance

Hi,

1- yes you can.
2-you need a gift deed. Just search on the forum you will find a sample.
3 n 4- since its a gift it doesn't have to be in your account for 6 months. So even a day is ok.
5- that seems like everything but it depends on your individual case. You will get a checklist post ITA.
6- possible but not any time soon in my opinion. Do what you can to improve your score.

Regards