+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

sam_1234

Dec 16, 2017
Dear All,

I am new to this forum and I am also not familiar with FSW Express Entry application process. I have a question:

I want to apply for Express Entry as married with spouse as accompanying and see if I get an ITA, and later if I don't get selected I want to change the application to the married but non-accompanying spouse. My score with accompanying spouse is 442 and non-accompanying spouse is 469. After entering Canada I will apply for her PR if I say non-accompanying on Express Entry application.

Once I say spouse is accompanying, later can I make changes to my application to spouse non-accompanying or vice-versa? Or will it be considered as cheating if I say married and spouse as non-accompanying just to achieve a higher score?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hello Members!

I have a Masters Degree from Canada for which I have claimed points for when filling out my expression of interest. For my Canadian degrees I do not need to do my ECA obviously. I also have my undergraduate degree and high school from my home country (4 year Bachelor Degree).

My questions are:

1) Do I need to do a Educational Credential Evaluation (ECA) for my undergraduate degree and high school degrees which were earned from outside Canada? Does the fact that I have a masters (a higher degree than a Bachelors) from Canada makes it unnecessary to do a ECA for my non-Canadian high school and Bachelors degrees? Or does CIC expect Express Entry Invitees to conduct a ECA for ALL of their non-Canadian degrees?

2) Do we (my spouse and I) also need to do the ECA for high school? I have already done my wife's ECA for her bachelors.

I am hoping seniors and experienced members of the forum will be able to guide me on this. I want to complete all my ECAs carefully in advance and without missing anything.

Thank you in advance and I am sorry if my question appears elementary.

Also kudos to all the members of this forum for keeping all the extremely useful and informative discussions going. You all are wonderful!
Since you have a Canadian Masters you don't need an ECA for your Bachelor's degree or high school. Though you can still get it done for peace of mind. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Supernova

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Dear All,

I am new to this forum and I am also not familiar with FSW Express Entry application process. I have a question:

I want to apply for Express Entry as married with spouse as accompanying and see if I get an ITA, and later if I don't get selected I want to change the application to the married but non-accompanying spouse. My score with accompanying spouse is 442 and non-accompanying spouse is 469. After entering Canada I will apply for her PR if I say non-accompanying on Express Entry application.

Once I say spouse is accompanying, later can I make changes to my application to spouse non-accompanying or vice-versa? Or will it be considered as cheating if I say married and spouse as non-accompanying just to achieve a higher score?

Your score of 442 with accompanying spouse is pretty good and you should be able to get ITA soon with it. Just my advice.

dhruv_1991

Jan 31, 2017
Hello,

I have a question regarding my foreign experience points, Can I use my one year foreign experience to apply in express entry if its not declared while applying study visa?

By mistake i forgot to mention my experience details when I was applying for student visa. Please let me if you have know anything about it.
Thank you,
Dhruv

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dear All,

If you have informed IRCC about your marital status, then there is no problem if you accompany your wife with you or not. you can definitely change your profile for decreasing/increasing your CRS points. But do not change your marital status to single.

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Hi all

I need a help regarding EE .My cousin is willing to apply EE with spouse and kid.He is in IT field.he has 12 years experience in India .he has Cisco certification.
My question is,
Should he get a original job experience certificate from company or attestation copy should do good ?
Because it is very hard to get a original letter from company’s letterhead since it is a MNC .

I have heard that Canadian immigration demands an original document interms of employment experience.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all

I need a help regarding EE .My cousin is willing to apply EE with spouse and kid.He is in IT field.he has 12 years experience in India .he has Cisco certification.
My question is,
Should he get a original job experience certificate from company or attestation copy should do good ?
Because it is very hard to get a original letter from company’s letterhead since it is a MNC .

I have heard that Canadian immigration demands an original document interms of employment experience.
Just to answer that, I belong to IT industry as well. And, there is a specific format which needs to be printed on Company letterhead and on any given day, you can request HR to do it for you.

Reactions: Ush

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018

Hi everyone,

I have my working experience in my home country as a publishing coordinator for more than 3 years in the last 10 years.

I tried to search my job title from the NOC code but I couldn't find the exactly same one in their list. Instead, my job description and duties are pretty much similar to NOC 1241 - Administrativhie Assistant (about 70%).

In this case, would it be okay to use this NOC code for my working experience as well as to get my reference letter from employer with the job title of 'Administrative Assistant' ?

Can anyone advise?

sam_1234

Dec 16, 2017
If you have informed IRCC about your marital status, then there is no problem if you accompany your wife with you or not. you can definitely change your profile for decreasing/increasing your CRS points. But do not change your marital status to single.
I will definitely say that I am married, but will just say spouse as accompanying first and see if I get ITA, and if I don't get it, I will say spouse as non-accompanying to raise my score. Is saying spouse accompanying and later non-accompanying just to increase the score is not termed as cheating?

I want to clear this before doing anything as such. My wife doesn't have any specific reason to mention if she gets asked why she is not accompanying me, as she doesn't work or study.

Last edited:

shettyd

Jun 13, 2016
Hi,
I am actually a secondary applicant, and my wife as a Primary applicant
the the minimum i have shown is 16000 CAD, i have these few doubts, it would be great if @TanakaM or someone can clarify on these
1. Being a secondary applicant i am planning to show the proof of funds from account
2. I have 1 Fixed deposit in different bank and the savings account from other different bank, is it fine if i can just show the FIxed deposit certificate and the six months balance from the other savings account??
3. Currently the savings account is having my wife name included as Joint account holder but in the Fixed deposit which is fro a different bank doesn't have my wife name included in it? is it required?

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017

Hi everyone,

I have my working experience in my home country as a publishing coordinator for more than 3 years in the last 10 years.

I tried to search my job title from the NOC code but I couldn't find the exactly same one in their list. Instead, my job description and duties are pretty much similar to NOC 1241 - Administrativhie Assistant (about 70%).

In this case, would it be okay to use this NOC code for my working experience as well as to get my reference letter from employer with the job title of 'Administrative Assistant' ?

Can anyone advise?
Hi Kristine, if you can have your company write Administrative Assistant in your job title, well and good. But make sure the job profile very closely matches to what you actually performed.

I can understand Publishing Coordinator is a very specific kind of job title and that's why it's not in the list. To be honest Administrative Assistant and Publishing coordinator sound very different just by the titles itself. So putting P.C. May not get you through.

Reactions: Krystine

forzara

Jan 15, 2018
your profile will be deemed eligible aslo if you miss some mandatory information like ECA, language test results... for the CRS points breakdown check this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have all the mandatory information like ECA, language test results, and etc.
I already have checked my points breakdown for the six selection factors for FSWP and based on the points, I have the minimum criteria:

Language testing: 22 out of 24 points; I took CELPIP test in August and the results are: Speaking:CLB8 Writing:CLB8 Listening:CLB11 Reading:CLB10
Education: 23 out of 25 points (Master's degree);
Experience: 9 out of 15 points (one year foreign full-time work experience);
Arranged employment in Canada: 0 out of 10 points;
Adaptability: 5 out of 10 points (Past study in Canada. I am in my forth year of PhD program and have not completed my degree yet.)

Feeling so confused....

forzara

Jan 15, 2018
Also i guess you should check the minimum funds requirements..they have increased the amounts by a small no.
I'd experienced the same problem for the first time and then realized that the fund values have changed..it does not reflect on their online crs tool but during filling out EE forms you will have to provide the updated values based on your family members
Thank you. Do you know how can I get the information for updated values? I am the only member in my family (1 member) and the amount I entered was 20000 CAD.

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hi Kristine, if you can have your company write Administrative Assistant in your job title, well and good. But make sure the job profile very closely matches to what you actually performed.

I can understand Publishing Coordinator is a very specific kind of job title and that's why it's not in the list. To be honest Administrative Assistant and Publishing coordinator sound very different just by the titles itself. So putting P.C. May not get you through.
Hello there,

Thanks for your advice on my concern. Yes I know my job title is a very specific kind and it is hard to find it in the noc. By any chance, what does it mean by 'P.C'? I am kinda new to those terms. xD