+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hey people..just want to confirm with the digital photo..i shud not worry about the back of the photograph at this stage right?

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Could some clarify the photo requirement..CIC website says the photo should be 50mm x 70mm and when I go to upload the photo it says 35mm x 45 mm. Which one should I follow. Also I scanned by photo and the size is only 25 kb...and the checklist says it should ideally be 240kb and not less than 60kb...so i will have to get that fixed. Would anyone know how can this be done? @TanakaM, @crescent_jam

Last edited:

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey people..just want to confirm with the digital photo..i shud not worry about the back of the photograph at this stage right?
Hey,

Correct. Follow the instructions on the upload page of your application.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Could some clarify the photo requirement..CIC website says the photo should be 50mm x 70mm and when I go to upload the photo it says 35mm x 45 mm. Which one should I follow. Also I scanned by photo and the size is only 25 kb...and the checklist says it should ideally be 240kb and not less than 60kb...so i will have to get that fixed. Would anyone know how can this be done? @TanakaM, @crescent_jam
There are 2 photograph requests. The first is for the picture you scan and upload in eAPR. Follow these instructions:

Frame size

• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File format

• The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Request 2, is the one which needs to be taken by a professional photographer. You get it with PPR and you send hard copies together with your passport. Follow these instructions:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
do i need to update cic if any of mu family( parents) have a change of residency ? my parents have got pr for another country. do i need to update cic about this ?
Hi,

No you dont.

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
There are 2 photograph requests. The first is for the picture you scan and upload in eAPR. Follow these instructions:

Frame size

• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution

If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File format

• The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
  • The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
  • The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Request 2, is the one which needs to be taken by a professional photographer. You get it with PPR and you send hard copies together with your passport. Follow these instructions:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Regards
ah ok...i got photos which are 50 mm x 70 mm as I had taken the print out of the specifications. Will have to go and get new photos which are 35 mm x 45 mm...this is so confusing..

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ah ok...i got photos which are 50 mm x 70 mm as I had taken the print out of the specifications. Will have to go and get new photos which are 35 mm x 45 mm...this is so confusing..
No,you don't need new ones because it says at least 35mm * 45 mm. So just upload the one you have.

Reactions: abzoo17

ex4prep

Sep 20, 2017
Hi,
I have a sibling, who is a permanent resident of Canada. In Pre-ITA express entry application, I did not mention about my sister since I was under the impression that my sister was still under work permit. Now I know that she is a permanent resident of Canada, so I have updated the Family section in Personal Information accordingly. However, I do not want to claim the points for my sister because I am unable to arrange the required documents from her.

Can you please suggest how should I go about this?

Thanks

NAVIN146

Aug 19, 2016

hi senior,

I have few queries pertaining to POF:

1. Have opened a new bank account in India in August which has average balance of approximate 8000 CAD till date. and rest i have CAD 5000 in an account in Dubai bank account. i have recently got an ITA so i plan t submit my documentation by mid December. would it be ok if i show balances for 3 months average in Indian bank account and rest 6 months average of 5k CAD in dubai bank account. would it be fine if i show 3 months bank account since the account was opened in august ??

2. would i be fine if i show POF in 2 different bank account (india and dubai) but accumulating upto 13000 CAD ??

thanks in advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

hi senior,

I have few queries pertaining to POF:

1. Have opened a new bank account in India in August which has average balance of approximate 8000 CAD till date. and rest i have CAD 5000 in an account in Dubai bank account. i have recently got an ITA so i plan t submit my documentation by mid December. would it be ok if i show balances for 3 months average in Indian bank account and rest 6 months average of 5k CAD in dubai bank account. would it be fine if i show 3 months bank account since the account was opened in august ??

2. would i be fine if i show POF in 2 different bank account (india and dubai) but accumulating upto 13000 CAD ??

thanks in advance
Hi,

1) It is ok, but you would need to show the source of the deposited funds.
2) Yes it's fine.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
I have a sibling, who is a permanent resident of Canada. In Pre-ITA express entry application, I did not mention about my sister since I was under the impression that my sister was still under work permit. Now I know that she is a permanent resident of Canada, so I have updated the Family section in Personal Information accordingly. However, I do not want to claim the points for my sister because I am unable to arrange the required documents from her.

Can you please suggest how should I go about this?

Thanks
Hi,

This is ok. Just give a short explanation in your LOE, eg. My sister recently gained Canadian PR without my knowledge, thus I have not claimed points for this.

regards

Reactions: ex4prep

ex4prep

Sep 20, 2017
Hi,

This is ok. Just give a short explanation in your LOE, eg. My sister recently gained Canadian PR without my knowledge, thus I have not claimed points for this.

regards
Thank you Tanaka.

In that case, what answer should I provide for "Do you have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada?" In my Pre-ITA application, I have selected it as No.

Can you please suggest?

Last edited:

NAVIN146

Aug 19, 2016
Hi,

1) It is ok, but you would need to show the source of the deposited funds.
2) Yes it's fine.

regards
Hi,

Thanks for your revert.

The source of funds would be salary and occasional cash deposits of small amount earned from free lancing over the period of 6 months.