+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Funds

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hey Guys, I have got few questions regarding POF.

1) Can I submit the financial documents of mine and my wife as both of us are working? I am the primary applicant, so is there any clause which says the POF should be on the name of primary applicant only.

2) I have 3 Fixed Deposits accounts in my home country which were created/opened 2 years, 1.5 years and 8 months back respectively. Do I need to explain from(source) where did I get this money? It includes my savings when I was working back in home country, money I trasnferred back home but most of it came from my Dad's bank account nomination when he passed away. Shall I explain this in LOE or just let it be as the money is sitting in the accounts from more than 8 months now? Please note, couple of these FDs are getting renewed automatically 1 week before I am planning to submit my documents.

3) Do we need to submit the Bank Letter for our accounts as I cannot fetch them from home country? So I am thinking of submitting the FD statements and Account details which I can get from online banking.

Thanks,
Sid

Last edited:

NAVIN146

Aug 19, 2016
hi senior,

I have few queries pertaining to POF:

1. Have opened a new bank account in India in August which has average balance of approximate 8000 CAD till date. and rest i have CAD 5000 in an account in Dubai bank account. i have recently got an ITA so i plan t submit my documentation by mid December. would it be ok if i show balances for 3 months average in Indian bank account and rest 6 months average of 5k CAD in dubai bank account. would it be fine if i show 3 months bank account since the account was opened in august ??

2. would i be fine if i show POF in 2 different bank account (india and dubai) but accumulating upto 13000 CAD ??

thanks in advance