+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Funds

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
Hi guys,

I have submitted all documents along with proof of funds and paid the required fee.
I want to know that for how long now do i need to maintain the balance in my account.

i was thinking of investing in some of my money which would decrease the balance in my bank account. Will that be fine?
regards,
Ashwani

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Dear guys,
I need your urgent help regarding my fixed deposit. My fixed deposit is a 1-year term. I opened it in June 2016, which means it's older than 6 months now. My concern is that its maturity date will be Jul 20, 2017 however my deadline for APR is Aug 16, 2017. I got the bank letter already and it clearly mentions the maturity date. Will this make CIC disregard my PoF because it will mature before the deadline? If yes, what should I do? Pls help me!! Thank you.

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Dear guys,
I need your urgent help regarding my fixed deposit. My fixed deposit is a 1-year term. I opened it in June 2016, which means it's older than 6 months now. My concern is that its maturity date will be Jul 20, 2017 however my deadline for APR is Aug 16, 2017. I got the bank letter already and it clearly mentions the maturity date. Will this make CIC disregard my PoF because it will mature before the deadline? If yes, what should I do? Pls help me!! Thank you.
No you can ask ur bank to continue that fixed deposit for one more year.

Reactions: pino1130

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Hi guys,
A quick question. I have enough funds for the application however my bank (Bank of Scotland) refused to provide me a proof of funds letter. As per the bank teller, they don't provide any letters at all, they can only provide bank statements. What should I do ? I have only one savings account which has my funds which I want to show in my application. Will the bank statements for past 6 months be sufficient ? Please advice :)
Yes, bank statements are fine. Ensure it is duly attested by the bank authorities

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
No you can ask ur bank to continue that fixed deposit for one more year.
So it means that I need to request them to extend after Jul 2017 and provide a letter of the extension? I need to upload the letter of extension also? But it means that I won't be able to liquidate it if extend, will it affect also? Thanks for your quick help!!!

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
So it means that I need to request them to extend after Jul 2017 and provide a letter of the extension? I need to upload the letter of extension also? But it means that I won't be able to liquidate it if extend, will it affect also? Thanks for your quick help!!!
You can liquidate wen u need. I did the same , liquidated the FD and made a DD in Canadian dollars on my name and brought it here.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
You can liquidate wen u need. I did the same , liquidated the FD and made a DD in Canadian dollars on my name and brought it here.
also, I have a question. My FD will mature next month so I intend to break it in two parts. I will withdraw 60% and give to my parents for their personal investment. 40% of it I will continue to deposit it as FD. It still meets the minimum amount required. Will this cause problem? Will CiC see it as the sudden outflow? (I guess this is normal when FD is matured right? Ppl need their money to spend on personal things) thank you!!!

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
also, I have a question. My FD will mature next month so I intend to break it in two parts. I will withdraw 60% and give to my parents for their personal investment. 40% of it I will continue to deposit it as FD. It still meets the minimum amount required. Will this cause problem? Will CiC see it as the sudden outflow? (I guess this is normal when FD is matured right? Ppl need their money to spend on personal things) thank you!!!
Ahhh!!!! No idea about that. Sorry.

Mobinu

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Can a bank statement of a month with sufficient funds will be enough to apply for OINP nomination stream ? As i had previously invested my funds in a property and now liquidated to show for OINP

GKB1990

Jun 16, 2017
Guys, sufficient liquid funds in savings,FD are in my spouse name and few are on my account. Should I transfer all these in my account?

swa31

Jul 7, 2017
Hello ppl!

1) Is it fine to open a foreign currency FD after getting ITA? It means that my fixed deposit would be less than a month old.

2) Are they gonna ask proof for where my funds came from? If I have, say, 11000$ savings and 2000$ as loan and then open FD, will I be asked to show proof any time during the application?

3) What is the minimum FD period that one should go for? Is a 1 yr FD compulsory? Or, is a lesser duration fine?

4) Is it fine to cancel FD before maturity, say, within 3 or 4 months?

5) Am I required to show both bank balance for 6 months and FD receipt?

Thanks!

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Yes, bank statements are fine. Ensure it is duly attested by the bank authorities
when i was studying in UK and was applying for EU visa, I've printed my online bank statement (my bank was Lloyds) then brought prints to a branch where customer service authorized it with a little stamp (every page), took 30 seconds.

Just thought it could be a useful tip

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the POF. We have to show bank balance, fds etc. As POF right? So while submitting documents, we need letters from the bank.

My question is whether we need to carry that amount with us to canada when we land there or do we have to show the bank letter only as POF?

Jul 4, 2017
Hi,
Do we need to show our proof of funds of last 6 months?
Clear this doubt for me.....
How should the funds be ? Repeated deposits in a month or can it be casually done for six months...as i have no sufficient funds....
Pls reply