+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
@TanakaM and Others,

I am reading majority of posts on this thread and gaining tons of knowledge [specially on page 1] - however at times it's also confusing me

1) Do I need to have a birth certificate? I don't think I came across this on CIC website where they mention it. In India not everyone born in 80s have a birth certificate. We are provided an admit card for Class 10 Exam which serves as proof of Date of Birth. Otherwise, we have Passport that serves as the ultimate document for Name / address / Date of birth

2) I thought the EE process is pretty straight forward. Take IELTS, get ECA and apply using a CRS score. if CRS > Cutoff then we get ITA. But I am getting confused as many people are saying stuff like ONIP - Ontario Nomination, FSW, Sasketchwan nomination etc. Am I missing something? My CRS is 466 - should I explore getting provincial nomination?
Hi,

1) Birth certificates are only need for your dependent children. So dont worry.
2) Provincial nomination gives a candidate an extra 600 points, but to some extent binds you to that province , is time consuming and more expensive. With a score of 466 you are almost guaranteed of an ITA in the next draw so you dont need it.

All the best

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
That is ridiculous, you are allowed to make changes post-ITA and simply explain them. Why would you decline an ITA for such things? I guess you have such freedom when you have an extra 600 points.lol
It wont affect your nomination.

Regards
Brother, I know I did ridiculous mistake. But I can't undone. Please tell me, deleting National ID would hurt OINP or not?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Brother, I know I did ridiculous mistake. But I can't undone. Please tell me, deleting National ID would hurt OINP or not?
Its ok since you have an extra 600 points.:) Removing it from your EE profile will not affect your OINP in any way. Why are you removing it in the first place?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
1) Do I need to have a birth certificate? I don't think I came across this on CIC website where they mention it. In India not everyone born in 80s have a birth certificate. We are provided an admit card for Class 10 Exam which serves as proof of Date of Birth. Otherwise, we have Passport that serves as the ultimate document for Name / address / Date of birth

2) I thought the EE process is pretty straight forward. Take IELTS, get ECA and apply using a CRS score. if CRS > Cutoff then we get ITA. But I am getting confused as many people are saying stuff like ONIP - Ontario Nomination, FSW, Sasketchwan nomination etc. Am I missing something? My CRS is 466 - should I explore getting provincial nomination?
You've been misinformed!

Check with your parents if they had registered your birth at the local municipality. If they have, you just need to ask for a copy of it.

Usually people don't have a birth certificate either because their parents didn't register their birth or because they haven't gone to the municipal office asking for it.

Anyway, you won't need a birth certificate for Express Entry. Only for OINP.

Good luck.

Reactions: Kuchbhi

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
no. only education documents, marraige certificate and those sort of important documents need to be translated. not passport stampings.

however i'm concerned about 2007-2009 - in total did you live in dubai for over 6 months? if yes, you need to get UAE PCC also.
Thanks Stunner. I was always on visit visa as I never stayed for more than 3 months. I have checked with dubai police and UAE embassy. PCC is not issued for visit visa. Will include that in the LOE.

Mohdather

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
can anyone share on your EE profile where it says the details tab what should be under it mine says submitted is it right.
View my submitted applications or profiles
Application number Application type Applicant's name Date submitted Details Messages Action
Submitted

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hi all, Pls help!

I just read a post on forum saying that work experience while being a full time student isn't counted. It is shaking my head. As I graduated from a country out of Canada. I had my full time job in 9/2012 while graduation date was 11/2012. TheRe is a overlap between my study and work. Would my experience for that job be counted? If not, if the experience from 12/2012 till the date I quit that job count?

Thanks a lot.

Jul 11, 2017
Dear Members,
I need some guidance regarding the language points for EXPRESS entry program of Canadian immigration.

I am giving both Language exams i.e. IELTS and TEF in upcoming weeks. My question is,

Will I get numbers for both exams separately?

What would be the distribution of numbers if I score high in TEF and less in IELTS?

Is there any way to achieve SCORES of both exams to get the highest LANGUAGE numbers for your application.

Regards
Ali Kazim

Suzirizi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
1)Letter of explanation should be attached with all the separate documents that we will upload? Or should we have one letter of explanation which would explain my whole application ?
2) if anyone can provide sample of letter of explanation. That would be a help

pakhi_sarker

Jul 31, 2017
Hi Experts !

One of the Immigration consultant told me that one who scores 8 and plus band in IELTS gets a priority in ITA. Pls confirm if this is true ?

yes. if you can score all CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 9 (which is for IELTS : R-7,W-7,L-8,S-7) or more, your score will rise up to 50 CRS points if you have more than 3 years work experience and more than one post secondary degree. check this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Jack2406

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hello Seniors,
I am filling PR application and having few questions.

1. In travel history "purpose of travel", My wife currently in Canada and homemaker. But she has "Open work permit". So do I need to mention "homemaker" or "work" in purpose of travel?
2. Same in USA she has "Work visa" but most of time she was homemaker and did job for 2-3 months. So what should I mention in purpose of travel here?
3. My son is just 18 months old, he can't speak any language. So I have mentioned "Neither" in communication language question. Does this suffice or I have to choose English?
4. Do we actually have to fill any type of forms like IMMXXXX while filling up PR application? or we have to fill all the detail in web page only?

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hello Experts,

I have a question .I know I don't have to provide any proof of funds if I am applying under CEC (only the letter of explanation ), but I am going to apply with my spouse so in that case do I need to provide any settlement funds for her ? If yes then what would be the amount for that settlement funds ? She can provide her bank statement from back home by converting into CAD funds.But I was wondering whether I have to show funds for her or not ( under CEC).I am currently employed , not sure my pay stubs are enough for both of us.

Thanks in advance .

Regards

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

I would like to have clarification -

I took a photo from a studio and scan it. Physical size is 50*70 as per guideline but when I scan and measure, it looks bigger than that (90*70). Resolution is 300 pixel which I am going to edit. My question is the size of the photo 90*70 will be a problem or do I need to reduce it to 35*45?

Also, the guideline says to upload back size of the photo too. Should I scan both sides together or as separate files?

Thank you
:):):)