+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello,

I have a question regarding name. Imagine my name full name is xxx yyy zzz.

I've had several passports.

In one of my passports (expired) my full name is written on the given name section as "xxx yyy zzz" and surname field was empty.
In one another passport(expired) my full name was written on the surname section as "xxx yyy zzz" and given name field was empty.
And in my current passport my surname section has "zzz" and Given name has "xxx yyy". This is how it should be.

Technically my name is still the same and have not used any other names. Just that the names were not written in the right sections on my old passports. All other documents(educational etc.) have my full name which is "xxx yyy zzz".

Since there is a difference in how it is written on my older passports, should I be selecting "yes" for the question "has this person used any other name?" Will be really helpful if someone who has gone through this issue can give their advice.

Thanks
Hi,

No you don't. Just enter the name as it is on the current passport. There is no need to submit the old passports.You can just mention the difference between your current passport and academic certificates.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello Experts,

I have a question .I know I don't have to provide any proof of funds if I am applying under CEC (only the letter of explanation ), but I am going to apply with my spouse so in that case do I need to provide any settlement funds for her ? If yes then what would be the amount for that settlement funds ? She can provide her bank statement from back home by converting into CAD funds.But I was wondering whether I have to show funds for her or not ( under CEC).I am currently employed , not sure my pay stubs are enough for both of us.

Thanks in advance .

Regards
Hi,

No need since you are applying under CEC. Just submit a note that states that you are applying under CEC so you have not provided POF.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello Seniors,
I am filling PR application and having few questions.

1. In travel history "purpose of travel", My wife currently in Canada and homemaker. But she has "Open work permit". So do I need to mention "homemaker" or "work" in purpose of travel?
2. Same in USA she has "Work visa" but most of time she was homemaker and did job for 2-3 months. So what should I mention in purpose of travel here?
3. My son is just 18 months old, he can't speak any language. So I have mentioned "Neither" in communication language question. Does this suffice or I have to choose English?
4. Do we actually have to fill any type of forms like IMMXXXX while filling up PR application? or we have to fill all the detail in web page only?
Hi,

1 and 2) business/work
3) That's fine
4) No, fill all details in the Web page.

Regards

Reactions: Jack2406

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Do I need to pay 550$ right after I submit my application to the pool OR when I receive an ITA?
To be more accurate, you pay when you submit your PR application, post-ITA.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I have one question:
Will CIC require a proof for all the declared job experience in the past? I already have enough job experience to qualify but I also have some past self-employed job experience which I do not have proof for (it's around 10 years ago). I am wondering if I should take that off my profile to avoid a misunderstanding in case they asked for proof.
Remove it from employment history and enter it in the personal history (post-ITA ). No evidence is required for this section.

Regards

Reactions: Wandering Mind

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi all, Pls help!

I just read a post on forum saying that work experience while being a full time student isn't counted. It is shaking my head. As I graduated from a country out of Canada. I had my full time job in 9/2012 while graduation date was 11/2012. TheRe is a overlap between my study and work. Would my experience for that job be counted? If not, if the experience from 12/2012 till the date I quit that job count?

Thanks a lot.
This is not a problem, foreign work experience while studying is counted.

All the best

Reactions: pino1130

Suzirizi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I am working as a part time in dubai but my institution is not providing any letter saying that according to UAE law official letters cannot be provided to part timers. How can I show my experience Then?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am working as a part time in dubai but my institution is not providing any letter saying that according to UAE law official letters cannot be provided to part timers. How can I show my experience Then?
you cant then unfortunately... :( without a letter there is pretty much nothing you can do

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I show my appointment letter? It has job responsibilities written?
does the letter have your salary details and working hours along with full roles and responsibilities? and do you get salary paid in bank account instead of cash ?
the trouble is i dont know what visa UAE issued you , if its proper work permit or not.

Suzirizi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
does the letter have your salary details and working hours along with full roles and responsibilities? and do you get salary paid in bank account instead of cash ?
the trouble is i dont know what visa UAE issued you , if its proper work permit or not.
The letter has per hour salary but not complete hours written (it says variable hours). And I am on my husband's visa

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Hi, you can give a letter from your colleague, if even that's not possible you can provide a notarized copy of self declared reference letter. But you need to back it up with official communications that your current employer isn't giving you the reference letter.

Check the links below for more details and steps:
http://www.fsw2014.info/reference-letter-problems/

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, you can give a letter from your colleague, if even that's not possible you can provide a notarized copy of self declared reference letter. But you need to back it up with official communications that your current employer isn't giving you the reference letter.

Check the links below for more details and steps:
http://www.fsw2014.info/reference-letter-problems/

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/
in my opinion its too risky - i have a decent idea about how things work in UAE, i would strongly advise against this for this particular case