+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

paryant22

Mar 12, 2016
There is no need to take IELTS again, your CRS is fixed based on information provided in your profile. You will be evaluated w.r.t your score on 31 May 2017. So change in CRS due to age, or IELTS expiry after ITA will not affect your score now...

Had it been the case that your IELTS expired a day before ITA then you may have to decline and re-write the IELTS...
Hi Gurdeep. Thanks a lot for the clarification :)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no need to take IELTS again, your CRS is fixed based on information provided in your profile. You will be evaluated w.r.t your score on 31 May 2017. So change in CRS due to age, or IELTS expiry after ITA will not affect your score now...

Had it been the case that your IELTS expired a day before ITA then you may have to decline and re-write the IELTS...
IELTS needs to be valid till AOR date, only then your profile freezes

with age they are a little more lenient

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm new here. Not sure as well if this has been asked. I've just activated my Express Entry profile and registered to the Job Bank... I do not yet have a job offer...

Just a bit confused on the process..Should I get a valid job offer, I understand that I'd get additional 50 points... I think I'll need to update my EE acount to include that job offer, right?

With that job offer do I expect to get an ITA and not need a work permit? Or will I have to fly into Canada to get employed and my employer will apply for a work permit for me while waiting for my EE to get an ITA?
are you working in canada ? if no, then you dont need a job offer.

currently with CRS scores being so low, you can easily get direct ITA without job offer 50 points.

Reactions: pau_p1

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi all,

I received ITA in the current CIC draw as my score was 413.

I have a query - My IELTS score will be expiring in December 7, 2017, so i have the score valid for the next 6 months. Once I accept the ITA will my IELTS score freeze while CIC processes my application for PR (as processing might take more than 6 months and my IELTS score will than be invalid)

or

do i need to appear for IELTS test again so as to maintain my CIC score.

Please advise.
Your IELTS score needs to be valid at the time of submission of your application for PR and getting an AOR. So if you submit it before Dec 2017, you are good.

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Hi Guys,
I am yet to receive hard copy of my WES report after 1 month WES claimed it was sent, what can I do as WES is quoting over $160 to send a duplicate copy via registered mail. I strongly believe the previous one will never arrive esp. since it wasn't registered. Pls advise

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I am yet to receive hard copy of my WES report after 1 month WES claimed it was sent, what can I do as WES is quoting over $160 to send a duplicate copy via registered mail. I strongly believe the previous one will never arrive esp. since it wasn't registered. Pls advise
why do you even need a hard copy of the WES report? Soft copy is all you need for the PR process

I have never seen my hard copy report either, its just a piece of paper

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
why do you even need a hard copy of the WES report? Soft copy is all you need for the PR process

I have never seen my hard copy report either, its just a piece of paper
Thanks @thestunner316;
You mean I can attach the soft-copy provided on my WES profile for e-APR? my thought is that the hard copy will carry additional information /security and I needed to scan and attach this for e-APR. Pls advise

pau_p1

May 31, 2017
are you working in canada ? if no, then you dont need a job offer.

currently with CRS scores being so low, you can easily get direct ITA without job offer 50 points.
No, i'm not working in Canada at the moment at i have a score of 324... from what I see and read, seems like the lowest drawn score has not gone below 400... so I'm a bit worried that my EE expires without getting drawn

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, i'm not working in Canada at the moment at i have a score of 324... from what I see and read, seems like the lowest drawn score has not gone below 400... so I'm a bit worried that my EE expires without getting drawn
what is your IELTS score individually ? and your age? and qualifications ? do you have masters or bachelors?

pau_p1

May 31, 2017
So anyway, how does that Job Bank work with the Express Entry? Assuming a job offer is received during the period my EE is active but an ITA is not received?

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

I need clarification on EE process.

I have work experience for 03 months in a company and I had to quit due to issues I faced and I didn't mention this when creating EE profile. I received ITA yesterday and going to accept that. When I filing forms should I mention about that work experience? I do not intend to claim marks on that and I don't have documentation from the company expect my appointment letter. My worry is that I didn't mention in EE profile and if I mention now will it look like I didn't disclose all details?

What is the best solution for this situation? Should I mention in filling application even I don't claim points or keep it silence?

Thank you

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hey Guys,

The latest draw that came out today is 413, and my score is 458 (applied on 26th May 2017) - however I have not received any email or notification in my account. What could have possibly gone wrong? :(

Guys please reply, some one...
Hi,

Did you activate your job bank profile?
Check your account status

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hi,

IRCC require that you write (by correspondence) next to the institution name so that they know that you were not physically present in that country.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The people who are rejected for the reason you have mentioned above will not have followed this instruction. Therefore, the office assumes they were there.

So where it say:
Country/territory of study, you enter the country of the University.
Where did this activity take place, you enter the country where you were physically in.
(paraphrasing as I do not remember the exact words they use)

There are no additional document you can send, but you can mention this in your letter of explanation. However, if you follow the instruction, I am confident you wont go wrong.

All the best.
Thanks this just saved me from rejection. God bless

Reactions: TanakaM