+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Guys could someone please explain to me how spouse's work experience is calculated for EE CEC? My wife has about 20 months work experience at 40 hours per week. The number of hours exceeds two years of 30 hour/week work experience but the number of months is less than two years (24 months). Can we claim points for 2 years or 1?

Thanks,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
miladi said:
Guys could someone please explain to me how spouse's work experience is calculated for EE CEC? My wife has about 20 months work experience at 40 hours per week. The number of hours exceeds two years of 30 hour/week work experience but the number of months is less than two years (24 months). Can we claim points for 2 years or 1?

Thanks,
Was your spouse's work experience gained inside Canada? If yes, dependent spouse's work experience can be used to claim points.

You should calculate the work experience at 30 hours per week and you cannot add up the additional hours to make up for the remaining number of days. Unless your spouse has 24 months experience, s/he can claim points only for 1 year

kkdreamz

Nov 14, 2016
Any idea if we can process two PR application

Application 1 : I am being primary applicant and my spouse being dependent
Application 2 : My spouse being primary applicant and myself being dependent.

CIC website claims that we cant have two profile. But in this case we both have different profiles.

If yes, Can we use same medical test results for both ?

We are not going to do both in same time, but may be with 3 months gap if our situation changes we have a plan to go with another application.

Will it cause rejection to our both applications ?

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
I would recommend that you rework the section and fill in the information in reverse chronological order.
Ok will so that. Thanks!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
kkdreamz said:
Any idea if we can process two PR application

Application 1 : I am being primary applicant and my spouse being dependent
Application 2 : My spouse being primary applicant and myself being dependent.

CIC website claims that we cant have two profile. But in this case we both have different profiles.

If yes, Can we use same medical test results for both ?

We are not going to do both in same time, but may be with 3 months gap if our situation changes we have a plan to go with another application.

Will it cause rejection to our both applications ?
You can have two EE profiles as mentioned above, but once one of them (or both) gets an ITA, you'll need to decide to go with that (or decide which one) and cancel the remaining EE profile (or the ITA) as you CANNOT have two applications going for the same person whether as a primary or a secondary/accompanying applicant.

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
vd.yazdani said:
Hi Experts,

My wife and i received ITA in the previous draw. Currently i am filling up the forms and in that they have asked to add information for her passport. I cannot remember that if i have added when i was creating my profile but there is no record of it in the list below the page. My problem is here passport is expiring in August and we would like to get a new one before applying. In this stage it might take up to two months to do so. my question is do i have to fill the form with the information of the current passport to get the checklist of documents and then when i am submitting my documents (hopefully by that time we have received her new passport) upload the copy of new passport and send an LOE along with it?

Regards
Any input will be much appreciated.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
jagsparrow said:
Hi Guys!!

I'm also one of the aspirants to immigrate to canada.I am consulting an immigration agency/firm to represent me for the whole PR process and my EOI was submitted approx more than 1 yr back by the firm and the same was informed to me.Also I was told that in case of ITA ,they would contact me for further process.Since there was a regular follow up from their side, I was completely satisfied with their working style until recently when there was no response from their office.I dont have any information about my EOI PROFILE NUMBER.This has caused lot of confusion in my mind whether they really have submitted my EOI with CIC,Canada or not.I'm in two minds whether to wait for firm's reply OR to trace the EOI profile number or to open a new EOI by myself.

If anyone has any info about tracing EOI profile number ,Please share it to me.

regards
Hi,

I can understand your frustration. Have you ever calculated your CRS score yourself using the official tool on the CIC website? If not, I suggest you do so. The last draw invited people with 453 points or more, so if you have more than that you should have received an invitation. If not they may be quiet as you are yet to qualify.

As one guru said, "If you are willing to put in the work, you are better off doing it yourself." - can't remember which one.lol

All the best

happydream

Jan 29, 2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
This is not misrepresentation. Those questions are for people who have submitted their PR applications post ITA. Creating a EE profile doesn't mean you have submitted a PR application. You can safely say NO and proceed.
Hi and thank you very much for your help and your answer. Really grateful and really relieved I discovered this forum.
If can use your insight again before resubmitting my profile, I have some questions:
I live in France but I am not French
I have a master’s degree which I had recently an ECA for
My first official language for the express entry would be French:
French CLB: 10 for all the subjects
English CLB: speaking 7 reading 8 listening 7 writing 6
But I have many holes in my resume because I didn’t work for years. But I have 3 years experience in France in one NOC in the last ten years (I don’t know my NOC yet for sure, it is complicated between my studies and my work experience)
My questions are :
Am I eligible? In theory I am but I was not accepted the first time so I think it is the ECA thing but I’m not sure maybe it’s the big hole in my resume (I was told that they find holes suspicious, but what can I do it is what it is) or the language I read somewhere that you needed minimum CLB 7 in the second official language (which is English for me). Please confirm.
If I have an ECA for my master’s degree alone (which is my highest degree), do I mention my other degrees bachelor and high school diploma in the form? Do I need to have ECA for all my degrees?
And last question if this new profile is not accepted into the pool again. If I work hard on my IELTS and have better results. Do I create a new CGkey account with a new profile or do I create a second profile in the same CGkey account. Which is better?

Many thanks for your replies means a lot. Hard for us French speaking people, federal immigration forums are mainly in English.

mehr2

Jan 30, 2017
Hello,

Do you know if the master thesis internship which I have done in a company ( Outside canada) which was paid and was done to get my masters degree could be counted towards work experience in Express Entry profile ? ( This was done while I was student and I did it as my master thesis project, it took7-8 months and I was paid for it ).

Thanks a lot,

brijesh_shivnani

Nov 11, 2016
Hi Seniors,

I am hoping to get an ITA(fingers crossed) in next draw and trying to arrange the documents before hand. Could you plz answer my following queries.

1) I (secondary applicant) am in London and my wife(Primary) is in India. Can we get medicals, PCC etc done from our respective cities?

2)Since I am here in UK, how do I go about bank statements for accounts in India, since they are required on bank's letter head. any solution for this?

3) Is Medical required for an infant ??

Thanks in advance
Brijesh

Neerajkr80

Star Member
May 14, 2013
Hello all,

I have my Express Entry & Job Bank profiles active and I got PNP nomination but no message in my cic profile. Upon query with the province they are saying that they are not able to find my profile and asked me if I activated/linked my job bank to EE, which I did. I did sent them them active profile pics as well and now they are asking me to connect with CIC on this.

Can anyone advise me on the above?? how to get me nomination linked to my express entry profile?

Your great advise is appreciated!

Thanks,
Neeraj

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
brijesh_shivnani said:
Hi Seniors,

I am hoping to get an ITA(fingers crossed) in next draw and trying to arrange the documents before hand. Could you plz answer my following queries.

1) I (secondary applicant) am in London and my wife(Primary) is in India. Can we get medicals, PCC etc done from our respective cities?

2)Since I am here in UK, how do I go about bank statements for accounts in India, since they are required on bank's letter head. any solution for this?

3) Is Medical required for an infant ??

Thanks in advance
Brijesh
1. Yes
2. You can print the online statements and get them stamped at London branch. Else, you can send it to your who can get it stamped from India if this is a joint account.
3. You can check with the Medical centre and they will let you know if it is required for infants or not.

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
hi..
i want to know ..
1. is nova scotia pnp open for in-demand occupations ?
2. if not, any idea when it will open?
3. as i am in in-demand occupation, how can i apply in that category?

thanks in advance

regards

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
sidhusukhdev123 said:
hi..
i want to know ..
1. is nova scotia pnp open for in-demand occupations ? A: Not Open
2. if not, any idea when it will open? A: It had opened, and then got closed.
3. as i am in in-demand occupation, how can i apply in that category?

thanks in advance

regards

brijesh_shivnani

Nov 11, 2016
Hi sushsmart15,

thank you for replying.

Will try exploring this option of getting them stamped in London.It's not a joint account

also, it is ok to have 90% of the Funds in secondary applicant's(spouse) account.
At this point if I transfer the funds to Primary Applicant's account , it would raise a red flag I guess

sushsmart15 said:
1. Yes
2. You can print the online statements and get them stamped at London branch. Else, you can send it to your who can get it stamped from India if this is a joint account.
3. You can check with the Medical centre and they will let you know if it is required for infants or not.