+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Another query

I received my ITA under PNP, while my EE profile said that I have met Criteria for both CEC and FSW.

As Per CIC website, CEC has precedence over FSW, so I thought I would change my funds from something to "0" in my e-APR so that I won't have to provide Proof of Funds (one lesser document to worry about).

I am now thinking if I show keep it to what I have had set in my EE or change it into my eAPR now since I came to know that I am invited under PNP and not CEC, although my EE profile is based on Canadian work experience.

For CEC we don't need proof of funds but I am not sure if an exempt from it.

What do you guys suggest?

hriday_26

Nov 7, 2016
Hi All,

I have a query, we received ITA on October 2015, and submitted our documents by Dec 2015 (Before 60days). My wife is a primary applicant, bt she couldn't complete her medical test as she was pregnant. I did my medical and my wife has done other test except Chest Xray. Rest all our documents were submitted. Jan end 2016 we are blessed with a baby Girl. On April 1st 2016 Wife completed her medical and also our baby passport details/medical were submitted to CIC through our consultant. My query is whether the process will start after 1st April 2016 (after all medicals/baby pp)? or from the actual date of doc submission?(Dec15). Also my wife were again asked to submit her latest form 16 and payslip this August 16 by CIC. which was submitted to them. After this there is no further update. What does it mean? Can any one help?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
salkhan said:
Another query

I received my ITA under PNP, while my EE profile said that I have met Criteria for both CEC and FSW.

As Per CIC website, CEC has precedence over FSW, so I thought I would change my funds from something to "0" in my e-APR so that I won't have to provide Proof of Funds (one lesser document to worry about).

I am now thinking if I show keep it to what I have had set in my EE or change it into my eAPR now since I came to know that I am invited under PNP and not CEC, although my EE profile is based on Canadian work experience.

For CEC we don't need proof of funds but I am not sure if an exempt from it.

What do you guys suggest?
If you are currently working in Canada OR you have been invited to apply under CEC, you need not show proof of funds.

Does the former apply to you? In that case, I believe you can make your funds 0 and submit a LOE highlighting your situation.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you are currently working in Canada OR you have been invited to apply under CEC, you need not show proof of funds.

Does the former apply to you? In that case, I believe you can make your funds 0 and submit a LOE highlighting your situation.
Thanks for replying rajkamalmohanram,

Yes I have been working in Canada.

I was reading regarding this at http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

the last two lines say, which were confusing me to not put a LOE and set funds to zero:

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

So in my case, although I have been working in Canada on a PGWP but I have not been invited under CEC or have a valid job offer (aka arranged employment?).

What's your take on this?

Thank you

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Guys I am sitting at CRS: 457 and I have a couple of concerns:

1) My travel history: Age 1 - 13: studied in Saudi Arabia; Age 14 - 21: studies in India; Age 22-26: worked in India; Currently in the USA(last 1 year) doing a marketing certification. From which all countries do I need to get my police verification certificate ? And can I do that from the Embassies in the USA?

2) I have 4 years of work ex as a sales manager. I have my work-ex attested letters from both my organizations I worked for. But, I dont have my job offer letters and my pay slips. I lost them Sad Were there cases where applications got rejected for not submitting previous job - offer letters and pay slips ?

Your replies would be appreciated

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
salkhan said:
Thanks for replying rajkamalmohanram,

Yes I have been working in Canada.

I was reading regarding this at http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

the last two lines say, which were confusing me to not put a LOE and set funds to zero:

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

So in my case, although I have been working in Canada on a PGWP but I have not been invited under CEC or have a valid job offer (aka arranged employment?).

What's your take on this?

Thank you
In the POF page, it says this -
You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Also, check this-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-express-entry-t263315.0.html;msg4955930#msg4955930

To avoid confusion, if you have the funds, just mention the minimum requirement (depends on your family size) and submit those documents.

Rakeshjogi

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
i have a situation ..

Its 3 months since my AOR ..

My company is willing to send me South africa for 2 months by the end of this month.

How this can affect my app :

1- Do i have to raise a CSE regarding my Passport visa to CIC ?
2- Can i Submit passport in South africa too ( indian embassy ) ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Rakeshjogi said:
i have a situation ..

Its 3 months since my AOR ..

My company is willing to send me South africa for 2 months by the end of this month.

How this can affect my app :

1- Do i have to raise a CSE regarding my Passport visa to CIC ?

You do not have to necessarily inform them now. You can do so if you see the need. However, if you are still in SA when you receive your PPR, you can then raise a CSE and request IRCC to change the VO so that you can submit your PP in SA.

2- Can i Submit passport in South africa too ( indian embassy ) ?

Read previous answer.

salehalbaba

Nov 8, 2016
Hi There
Can anyone help me to know if I travel to Canada using visiting visa with my kids, are they allowed to study in the public school until I done my immigration process ?
Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
salehalbaba said:
Hi There
Can anyone help me to know if I travel to Canada using visiting visa with my kids, are they allowed to study in the public school until I done my immigration process ?
Thank you
Check this -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=483&top=15

teenzky

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2019
Hello everyone.

In my ECA report, the equivalency of my BS Computer Science degree is only Diploma of 2 years which means I am already disqualified in Ontario PNP. In that case, do I still have to declare that I have a sister-in-law in Ontario to get additional points? Or is it much better not to declare it as I have to get PNP nomination from other provinces that doesn't require bachelor's degree or higher. I am thinking that if I declare it, my chances to get PNP in other provinces will be lower because they know I have a relative in Ontario. Btw, my husband is my secondary applicant.

Thanks a lot!

MarinaGU

Nov 8, 2016
Express Entry profile is ineligable. WHY?

Hi everyone!

I tried recently to submit my EE profile, but it appears ineligible. I cannot find any mistake.
I have my Canadian college diploma (2 years), ECA for my home-country 5-year university program (master's). Should I mention school years?
I have 1.5 year of Canadian work experience and 2 years in my country (different NOC).
My language scores are more than 7 for every level.
Married, no kids, enough money.
Husband has 1 year of Canadian work experience, good language test results, 2 bachelor degrees from home-country. No Canadian education.
Cannot figure out what can be wrong.

What are the common mistakes making a profile ineligible?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
rajkamalmohanram said:
In the POF page, it says this -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Also, check this-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-express-entry-t263315.0.html;msg4955930#msg4955930

To avoid confusion, if you have the funds, just mention the minimum requirement (depends on your family size) and submit those documents.
Thank you, this solves the confusion. I am going to keep the funds same and just attach a letter with a copy of my PGWP and latest Pay stub that I am authorized to work and have been working and will cite the link you posted in the letter that, based on this I am not providing proof of support?

Should I also set the funds to zero ?

I don't mind getting the document from the bank but I don't want to provide any document that I don't necessarily have to, gathering all documents and the application is cumbersome already.

ihopethisworksout

Apr 11, 2016
Question RE Express Entry.

I am i have a common law spouse who is Canadian and is living in Canada.

For the express entry profile it asks:

Marital Status? I selected common-law.
Is your partner acompanying you to Canada? I sleected No.

Family size? 2 (Partner)
You have a relative in Canada? Yes (Partner)

That makes sense?

Thanks.