+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Adil Khan123 said:
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question,
3 days ago i got email stating my profile has been updated today i opened my ee account but nothing has changed.. Neither points variation nor nomination... Any reason? Or m i missing something?
Strange. Ghost e-mails are very common after e-APR submission but not before that.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Adil Khan123 said:
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question,
3 days ago i got email stating my profile has been updated today i opened my ee account but nothing has changed.. Neither points variation nor nomination... Any reason? Or m i missing something?
May be drop in points due to age.

Nov 7, 2016
Hi

I received ITA on 2nd Nov. Was completing my profile & had one query- When i list down all the places i have stayed in last 10 years, do i need to arrange for address proofs for all those places? All are in India only but have been moving a lot due to my job. There were times when i stayed for 1-5 months only at a given place There are no proofs for such stays.

Would be great if someone an help me out ;)

regards

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SHASHANK SHARMA said:
Hi

I received ITA on 2nd Nov. Was completing my profile & had one query- When i list down all the places i have stayed in last 10 years, do i need to arrange for address proofs for all those places? All are in India only but have been moving a lot due to my job. There were times when i stayed for 1-5 months only at a given place There are no proofs for such stays.

Would be great if someone an help me out ;)

regards
No, just list them. There is no need to provide any proof with the submission of your application.

However, I am unsure as to whether proof has been requested when processing someone's application.

Cheers

Sandy_2727

Jan 3, 2016
Hi Guys,

I received ITA on 2nd No. :) , completed the form , got the documents list for upload and i have started gather all the documents.
I have below query

My wife gave IELTS exam on : 6 Dec , 2014 and received result TRF on : 17 Dec

as IELTS is valid for 2 year , what is the validity expiry date in this case : 6 Dec ( sat for exam ) or 17 Dec ( when received the result )

Do my wife need to sit for ielts exam again in this case if i submit the complete file before or after 6th dec. , i am very confused , Could you please suggest.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sandy_2727 said:
Hi Guys,

I received ITA on 2nd No. :) , completed the form , got the documents list for upload and i have started gather all the documents.
I have below query

My wife gave IELTS exam on : 6 Dec , 2014 and received result TRF on : 17 Dec

as IELTS is valid for 2 year , what is the validity expiry date in this case : 6 Dec ( sat for exam ) or 17 Dec ( when received the result )

Do my wife need to sit for ielts exam again in this case if i submit the complete file before or after 6th dec. , i am very confused , Could you please suggest.

Thanks
Congratulations!

The validity is calculated from the date of the test (LRW) so in your case, that would be 6 December.

IELTS is NOT mandatory for the dependent (I am assuming your wife is the dependent). She does NOT have to take a new IELTS test IF -

1) You submit the application before December 6, 2016. (Doesn't matter if it expires after you submit the application)
2) You submit the application after December 6 AND the CRS doesn't drop below the cut-off score of the draw in which you received your ITA.

mani1004

May 27, 2014
Hi, I am currently on post graduate work permit and working full time in an IT company. I have asked my HR if they can file for LMIA. Can someone explain to me the process to do that on the company side? I know that I have to create profile in express entry and then later update it with LMIA once they have the result. Also do I need to give IELTS if I get an LMIA ? any help is appreciated. Thank you

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
I am submitting e-APR and wanted to run by my checklist with you guys to get suggestion on how to provide each document and what I am providing (in red font) against the requirement. My queries are in blue font under the document, I would really appreciate if seniors please just go through it and let me know what you think.

1. Passport/Travel Documents (Multiple). Scanned all the pages of my valid passport + copy of my valid post graduate work permit (Merged in one document)
A friend (who has an AOR) and is not on this forum, told me to include all of my previous study permit, co-op work permits merged with the above document, I don't see it written anywhere that I have to provide old study/work permit copies, safe to not provide them?

2. Proof of medical exam. Scanned copy of the e-medical information sheet (with a bar code) given to me by CIC panel doctor .

3. Proof of Relationship. Birth registration document of my mom + High school diploma of my aunt's (mother sister) that has her father name on it + my birth registration document.
My aunt does not have a birth certificate or misplaced. would the above supplied documents be sufficient to prove relationship?

4. Education. Copy of Canadian masters degree certificate and transcript + copy of Undergrad degree certificate and transcript

5. Employment Records. Employment Reference Letter (as per cic format) from my Manager + Employment verification document (from employee service center/HR) + Pay Stubs + T4
What else do you guys recommend me adding

6. Police Certificates (Multiple). Currently in the process of get this made from back home, not getting a Canadian one.

7. Family member proof of status. Copy of Canadian Passport (first 2 pages with name and bio and sign)

8. Proof of means of Financial support. Planning to request from my Canadian bank, the statement of all my bank accounts and statement of credit cards.

9. Digital Photo. Getting a regular passport photo (for Canadian passport) done from Walmart/London drugs and will scan it.
Is there any requirement of background color?

I really would appreciate if you guys take a moment to help me out with this or just see through another set of eyes and let me know what you think.
I have two friends who got their application rejected for not providing sufficient documents so I am trying my best to minimize my chances due to improper documentation.

Thank You.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
mani1004 said:
Hi, I am currently on post graduate work permit and working full time in an IT company. I have asked my HR if they can file for LMIA. Can someone explain to me the process to do that on the company side? I know that I have to create profile in express entry and then later update it with LMIA once they have the result. Also do I need to give IELTS if I get an LMIA ? any help is appreciated. Thank you
Hi,

You can read about the procedure for LMIA at (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp)
You will need IELTS/CELPIP regardless of the economic category you are applying in under Express Entry. So yes, you will need to take a language exam.

You can also look into Canadian Experience Class program, if you are already working in Canada on a PGWP.

Also, you may want to check your province's PNP program, some of the programs allows the employer to a obtain a provincial nomination for an employee.

Thanks.

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Hi Seniors,
What should i select under Level of Education and Canadian Equivalency for following ECA:

Institution Status:
Recognized
Major/Specialization: Arts and Sciences
Canadian Equivalency: One year of undergraduate study
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

Would appreciate your help in this regard, as always.
cheers :)

Binette

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
United States
App. Filed.......
January 25th 2017
Nomination.....
13-02-2017
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2017
LANDED..........
Feb 8th 2018
Hello everybody, l submitted Entry Express today and it said l was accepted, but my overall score is only 358, l do not have a job offer.
I have registered to the job bank website, but don't know what to do next.

I m on h1b visa in the u.s.a l have 5 plus work experience as a systems engineer for lithium-ion battery, l have a Bachelor degree in electrical/electronic engineering and working on my master degree in electric-drive engineering. Here are my language test results:

TEF: speaking 441, reading 231, listening 269, writing 390
IELTS: speaking 7.5, reading 6.5, listening 5.5, writing 6.0

I am asking for your advice on what l can do to improve my chance of getting invited. Please your help will be appreciate.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Binette said:
Hello everybody, l submitted Entry Express today and it said l was accepted, but my overall score is only 358, l do not have a job offer.

I m on h1b visa in the u.s.a l have 5 plus work experience as a systems engineer for lithium-ion battery, l have a Bachelor degree in electrical/electronic engineering and working on my master degree in electric-drive engineering. Here are my language test results:

I am asking for your advice on what l can do to improve my chance of getting invited. Please your help will be appreciate.
- Have you had your educational credentials assessed?

- If French is your first official language you need to increase the reading and listening sections. You need at least CLB 9 in all sections so that your score increases quite a bit.

Cheers ;)

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Binette said:

You may want to improve IELTS score.

Check out the below link for PNP options.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

Binette

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
United States
App. Filed.......
January 25th 2017
Nomination.....
13-02-2017
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2017
LANDED..........
Feb 8th 2018
DelPiero07 said:
- Have you had your educational credentials assessed?

- If French is your first official language you need to increase the reading and listening sections. You need at least CLB 9 in all sections so that your score increases quite a bit.

Cheers ;)
I haven't got my ECA, l m waiting to finish this semester in December and have my transcript sent to the university of Toronto. Thanks for the suggestions

Binette

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
United States
App. Filed.......
January 25th 2017
Nomination.....
13-02-2017
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2017
LANDED..........
Feb 8th 2018
thinkshady said:
You may want to improve IELTS score.

Check out the below link for PNP options.

I will consider improving the IELTS, thanks !!