+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
istari said:
<a href="http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29">CIC's FAQ</a> says:
"For example: For each entry, if you have two Bachelor degrees, or one Bachelor and a two-year college diploma, choose “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”"
Alright! There were instances in the past where applicants used to choose "Bachelors" for one and "Two or more degrees.." for the other. Majority of these applicants had a bachelor's degree and another credential (like a post-graduate diploma). I extrapolated that to this case.

Thanks for pointing it out.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Alright! There were instances in the past where applicants used to choose "Bachelors" for one and "Two or more degrees.." for the other. Majority of these applicants had a bachelor's degree and another credential (like a post-graduate diploma). I extrapolated that to this case.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Thank You Istari and Raj. I am glad how collaborative work helps everyone and sets some benchmark answers for people to follow in future. Will do as guided.

Cheers !

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you have two bachelor's degrees and both of them have been assessed and shows in your ECA, you gotta choose "Bachelor's" as equivalency for one and " Two or more degrees.." as equivalency for another.

Could you please post what exactly is mentioned in the "Summary" section of your ECA report?
HI Raj,
My summary says Dual bachelors (four years).
So level of education should be Bachelors for each degree and Equivalency as two or more for both. Right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pr_s said:
HI Raj,
My summary says Dual bachelors (four years).
So level of education should be Bachelors for each degree and Equivalency as two or more for both. Right?
According to the below link, yes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
HI seniors, Raj, DP Istari and Stanlee
hope you all are well. i am in process of filling my EE profile.
i left my job today as it was my last day and joining new work place from tomorrow.
How should i exhibit it in EE profile?
shall i end my current job today as 31st Oct and Later on in a weeks time i can add my new job as i get documentation (its induction day tomorrow)

Awaiting response

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the official start date is next week then I would choose that one.

Having a one week gap between jobs is no big deal.

Cheers ;)

msabedin

Sep 24, 2015
Hi Guys! Thanks for being so helpful......
I was reading some of your posts and got confused about the CRS.

1. I have 2 years Graduate Research Assistant-ship offer letter from my Supervisor according the CIC requirement (hours/week, salary,fulltime etc) and Full-time graduate student in Canada. [shall I get any CRS point? if so, how much?]
2. I have more than 1 year of Foreign Work Experience (NOC)
3. CLB9
4. ECA Masters level
5. Age: 29+

shall I get any CRS point for my 2year TA/RA work? What will be my total CRS point incase of FSW stream? Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msabedin said:
Hi Guys! Thanks for being so helpful......
I was reading some of your posts and got confused about the CRS.

1. I have 2 years Graduate Research Assistant-ship offer letter from my Supervisor according the CIC requirement (hours/week, salary,fulltime etc) and Full-time graduate student in Canada. [shall I get any CRS point? if so, how much?]
2. I have more than 1 year of Foreign Work Experience (NOC)
3. CLB9
4. ECA Masters level
5. Age: 29+

shall I get any CRS point for my 2year TA/RA work? What will be my total CRS point incase of FSW stream? Thanks
If you worked while you were studying then it would not add any points.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-experience-while-studying-t407529.0.html

Cheers ;)

AnneUSA

Oct 27, 2016
Hi,

Does anyone know if the police report from argentina (certificado de antecedentes penales) needs to be legalized???

Where can I found this information?

Its is not stated anywhere, yet it seems that you need to o it or some countries.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnneUSA said:
Hi,

Does anyone know if the police report from argentina (certificado de antecedentes penales) needs to be legalized???

Where can I found this information?

Its is not stated anywhere, yet it seems that you need to o it or some countries.
If the PCC is in Spanish you need to translate it.

If you use a certified translator there is no need to notarize the document. However, if you use a non-certified translator you need to obtain an affidavit and notarization.

Cheers :)

AnneUSA

Oct 27, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
If the PCC is in Spanish you need to translate it.

If you use a certified translator there is no need to notarize the document. However, if you use a non-certified translator you need to obtain an affidavit and notarization.

Cheers :)
Thank you very much for your answer, I plan on translating it by a certified translator in the USA where I live so according to your answer it should be fine. Do you mind me asking you how you know so?? Is it written anywhere? Did you do so yourself?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.

Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language). If the translation is not provided by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, the translation must be accompanied by an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5527ETOC.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=018&top=4

Msq123

Jun 19, 2016
Hi seniors,
A bit worrying and urgent

Created my express entry profile and now encountered a statement on CIC website (in question anser section) !

Question: What do you mean by Primary Occupation?
Your primary occupation means the job you have experience in (within the last five years) and want to base your immigration application on, if you are invited to apply.

I choose Primary NOC as 1311 and had work experience in it from 2009 to 2011 Continious fulltime
That means it’s not correct? Or I may be ineligible? What shall i do?

Your help will be appreciated

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

An urgent query. Please answer as your answer will help me in tomorrow draw

Current CRS - 466 (with WES equivalency of two or more bachelors)
Current WES application status - Under review (i had asked for review since they did not recognize my masters as masters)

I am expecting WES review result this week. If i get a favorable review, my score jumps to 473. Else it stays at 466.

My question:
I have filled EE form but not submitted it yet as I was waiting for WES review. Now tomorrow is a possible draw.

Can I submit the EE form today (with 466) and later change the WES result (if it is in my favor) ?

If I submit the EE form (with 466) and get an ITA tomorrow, then if WES result changes later, how do I make the change in system after getting an ITA?

Please revert. Very urgent situation.

Thanks a lot.

purewal

Nov 1, 2016
Hi

Im new to this forum
i need an urgent help regarding the experience we put in express entry

My total work experience in Canada is as under
1) from 26 nov 2013- 25 Jan 2014
2) from Feb 17, 2014 to Nov 17, 2014
3) From Jan 26, 2016 to till now
All is in same NOC
I created my profile in April this year and was in the frame of 1 year Experience
Now suddenly i got my profile updated by CIC with 2 years experience
At the time we create profile, we just enter Month & year so i entered experience as under
1) Nov 2013- Jan 2014
2) Feb 2014- Nov 2014
3) Jan 2016- till now

I am confused now, as my points increased due to 2 years experience and in case i got an ITA with thjose scores, will i be good to go or not

Please help me with this