+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
Could you advise how you can prove that? What are the ways to prove it?
If the money is in your bank account for 6+ months, CIC considers this proof enough.

If it has been in the account for under 6 months, you need to demonstrate where it came from. If it was deposited regularly from your pay cheque, that's fine
If you deposit a large sum of money, you need to provide an explanation; a gift deed, or a certificate of sale for property, etc.

Pinkhead

Aug 21, 2016
Hello everyone!

I must say for someone who wants to migrate, you guys are a blessing. I have learnt a lot just reading your posts.

But I have a question which I do not seem to find any answer, and I hope someone can help me out. I would like to know whether I can include my partner in my application, even if we are not married and we do not live together. However we have been together for several years now.

Thank you.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinkhead said:
Hello everyone!

I must say for someone who wants to migrate, you guys are a blessing. I have learnt a lot just reading your posts.

But I have a question which I do not seem to find any answer, and I hope someone can help me out. I would like to know whether I can include my partner in my application, even if we are not married and we do not live together. However we have been together for several years now.

Thank you.
CIC says:
"Common-law partner:
Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people.
This can be shown with evidence that the couple share the same home, support each other financially and emotionally, have children together, or present themselves in public as a couple.

Common-law partners who have been in a conjugal relationship for at least one year but are unable to live together or appear in public together because of legal restrictions in their home country or who have been separated for reasons beyond their control (for example, civil war or armed conflict) may still qualify and should be included on the application."

So no, I don't think you can unless you can prove that there is a good reason why you are unable to live together.

Pinkhead

Aug 21, 2016
Hi Istari,

Thank you for that. But the thing is, in my country it is culturally not acceptable to live together unless we are married. We have a joint bank account, and we own an asset together. We also have travelled together, and we have a lot of pictures. Can that count?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinkhead said:
Hi Istari,

Thank you for that. But the thing is, in my country it is culturally not acceptable to live together unless we are married. We have a joint bank account, and we own an asset together. We also have travelled together, and we have a lot of pictures. Can that count?
I've had a bit of a look, and everything I've read specifically mentions living together.

This site (http://www.legalinfo.org/family-law/common-law-relationships.html) from Nova Scotia specifically says:
"For the relationship to be common law the couple must live together in a 'marriage-like' relationship"

It also says:
"The relationship ends when you stop living together."

So no, I don't think it counts.

Soumi

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all... Canadian equivalency(ECA) for my Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is : Bachelor degree (Four Years),,, equivalency for MBA degree is also Bachelor degree (four years). So I am confused, while fill up Express entry profile: which option should i select for my MBA.... is it again "Bachelor degree or three....." or "Two or more certificates, diploma...." any idea??

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Johny Bravo said:
Hi there
I hope someone can help me with that one thing.
I applied for PR (submitted all the documents and everything) and I want to apply for bridging work permit. I found somewhere on CIC website that to get the bridging permit my program eligibility must be confirmed first. When I log into my CIC account it says "Review of eligibility - Review in Progress".
Does it mean that it needs to change that I'm eligible first?

Thank you
HI. Can someone please help me with this? or maybe direct me somewhere where I can find the answer? Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Soumi said:
hi all... Canadian equivalency(ECA) for my Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is : Bachelor degree (Four Years),,, equivalency for MBA degree is also Bachelor degree (four years). So I am confused, while fill up Express entry profile: which option should i select for my MBA.... is it again "Bachelor degree or three....." or "Two or more certificates, diploma...." any idea??
This is what CIC says about the same. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29

How do I answer the question in Express Entry about my education if I have two or more degrees or diplomas?

To get the correct number of points, make sure you choose the answer that best reflects your case.

For example: For each entry, if you have two Bachelor degrees, or one Bachelor and a two-year college diploma, choose “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

If you have more than two degrees or diplomas, you will not get any extra points. You should choose the same option as above, unless you have:
- a master’s degree, or
- a doctoral level degree (PhD).
You will get more points for a master’s or a doctorate, so if you have one, choose it from the drop-down menu.

eagleworld

May 15, 2016
when 6 months counts for POF, i mean if i start BANK funds in August 1 and my ITA issue on august 2 than how it is possible that the POF are of 6 months................can you explain about exactly when funds in bank should be deposited in express entry process,so that the 6 months average will count,thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Johny Bravo said:
HI. Can someone please help me with this? or maybe direct me somewhere where I can find the answer? Thanks
Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who meet program eligibility requirements may be considered for a work permit to bridge the gap between the expiry of their current work permit and the final decision on their application for permanent residence (APR). They must have submitted an application for permanent residence under one of the following classes:
- the federal skilled worker class (FSWC);
- the Canadian experience class (CEC);
- the federal skilled trades class (FSTC);
- the caring for children class or the caring for people with high medical needs class; or
- the provincial nominee class (PNC), for applicants for whom there are no employer restrictions on nominations.

To know more about eligibility check the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
eagleworld said:
when 6 months counts for POF, i mean if i start BANK funds in August 1 and my ITA issue on august 2 than how it is possible that the POF are of 6 months................can you explain about exactly when funds in bank should be deposited in express entry process,so that the 6 months average will count,thanks
It is always not necessary that the funds should be in the bank account, it could have been invested in stocks, mutual funds or other financial instruments. So, as per your example, if you deposit the amount in the bank on August 1st and you get ITA on August 2nd, you have to prove that the funds so credited in your account did originate from a loan or borrowed funds. The reason why asks 6 months back statements is to ensure that the applicant has not availed a loan or borrowed funds to meet the POF requirement. So if you have the funds now, would suggest to deposit the same in your bank account, no one can predict when you will get ITA. Also, you will need to justify the source of the large amount of money deposited in your account.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Stanlee said:
Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who meet program eligibility requirements may be considered for a work permit to bridge the gap between the expiry of their current work permit and the final decision on their application for permanent residence (APR). They must have submitted an application for permanent residence under one of the following classes:
- the federal skilled worker class (FSWC);
- the Canadian experience class (CEC);
- the federal skilled trades class (FSTC);
- the caring for children class or the caring for people with high medical needs class; or
- the provincial nominee class (PNC), for applicants for whom there are no employer restrictions on nominations.

To know more about eligibility check the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
Thanks a lot for your response.
I found that before and the part that confuses me bit is this:
"...decision on the application will not be made until the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has assessed the e‑APR for completeness. A BOWP can be issued only if the e‑APR has passed the R10 completeness check."

That's why I asked if the "Review of eligibility" says "Review in Progress" if I should wait for it to change that it's "good to go" ;)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Johny Bravo said:
Thanks a lot for your response.
I found that before and the part that confuses me bit is this:
"...decision on the application will not be made until the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has assessed the e‑APR for completeness. A BOWP can be issued only if the e‑APR has passed the R10 completeness check."

That's why I asked if the "Review of eligibility" says "Review in Progress" if I should wait for it to change that it's "good to go" ;)
Place order for GCMS Notes and see what it says about R10 Completeness Check. If it's says that you have met the requirement, then you can submit an application for BOWP.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Stanlee said:
Place order for GCMS Notes and see what it says about R10 Completeness Check. If it's says that you have met the requirement, then you can submit an application for BOWP.

Can you please tell me how do I place such order?

Thank you