+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

hammad.tahir

Jun 13, 2009
Dear Experts,
Please help me understand the following issue.

i am a kidney donor for my sister. She is a Canadian citizen.
After kidney donation procedure, i am planning to Apply for Canadian immigration.

is it possible that my Case is rejected on medial basis, as i will be short of a Kidney. Or i have gone through a major surgery ?

Kindly advise.

Thank You.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hammad.tahir said:
Dear Experts,
Please help me understand the following issue.

i am a kidney donor for my sister. She is a Canadian citizen.
After kidney donation procedure, i am planning to Apply for Canadian immigration.

is it possible that my Case is rejected on medial basis, as i will be short of a Kidney. Or i have gone through a major surgery ?

Kindly advise.

Thank You.
No. You will not be rejected just because you are short of one kidney. They look if you have diseases like cancer. TB or AIDS which might be contagious and/or a burden on the publicly funded Canadian healthcare system.

rupshikha

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visa Office......
warsaw,poland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Nomination.....
28-3-2015
AOR Received.
22-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU processing started on 9/7/15
Med's Request
acc to ECAS 11/7/15 but informed by consultant on 25/7/15
Med's Done....
28/7/15...uploaded on 29/7/15......TLU 4/8/15
Interview........
ECAS changed to DM....6 lines added on 19/9/15
Passport Req..
23/9/15 as informed by consultant
VISA ISSUED...
28/9/15
LANDED..........
Landed on 8th november in Toronto
Hi everyone
I just want to know if sumone is applying thru EE n after entering canada,if principal applicant needs to go back after two months leaving his or her spouse back ...is it possible to do so ????
Thnx in advance

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rupshikha said:
Hi everyone
I just want to know if sumone is applying thru EE n after entering canada,if principal applicant needs to go back after two months leaving his or her spouse back ...is it possible to do so ????
Thnx in advance
Yes, the principal applicant can enter Canada and leave Canada after two months. But you need to ensure the following are taken care of before you leave Canada
- Provide an address to which PR Card has to be sent
- To enter Canada on your return, you will need your PR Card. If you do not receive your PR Card during the two months that you are planning to stay in Canada, you will have to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) which you will need to enter Canada. Check this link to know more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/.

shashar

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone pls help in answering this question: Post ITA, when CIC asks for your documents, do one has to share the following for their non-minor dependents:
1. Photocopies or original OLD passports OR only the latest passport is required?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
shashar said:
Can someone pls help in answering this question: Post ITA, when CIC asks for your documents, do one has to share the following for their non-minor dependents:
1. Photocopies or original OLD passports OR only the latest passport is required?
Ideally, scanned copy of latest passport personal details pages and pages which has visa stamping has to be submitted. But sometimes, it could happen that the old passport will have visa stamping as well, so it would be good to submit scanned copy of those pages as well. However, please note that CIC explicitly does not say that you need to submit old passport copy along with visa stamping pages. Moreover, it is a practice followed by many.

shashar

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
Ideally, scanned copy of latest passport personal details pages and pages which has visa stamping has to be submitted. But sometimes, it could happen that the old passport will have visa stamping as well, so it would be good to submit scanned copy of those pages as well. However, please note that CIC explicitly does not say that you need to submit old passport copy along with visa stamping pages. Moreover, it is a practice followed by many.
Thanks Stanlee. I asked this because I has spend quite many years in China on business visa, and every 1 or 3 months Iused to travel to Hongkong. So my initial few passports are full of Chinese visas and immigration stamps which are nearly 10 years old, and as they are mostly in Chinese, so we aren't able to make much of them. I am not sure whether I has spent continuous six month in a single stretch in China or not. Further considering the fact that I was on business visa (and not on work permit), I am not getting PCC from China. So I was hoping that we will just consider that I haven't spent more than six continuous months in China and mention it accordingly. At that time, the visa laws in China were not so strict and big companies were able to manage their employees just on business visa there for years all together.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashar said:
Thanks Stanlee. I asked this because I has spend quite many years in China on business visa, and every 1 or 3 months Iused to travel to Hongkong. So my initial few passports are full of Chinese visas and immigration stamps which are nearly 10 years old, and as they are mostly in Chinese, so we aren't able to make much of them. I am not sure whether I has spent continuous six month in a single stretch in China or not. Further considering the fact that I was on business visa (and not on work permit), I am not getting PCC from China. So I was hoping that we will just consider that I haven't spent more than six continuous months in China and mention it accordingly. At that time, the visa laws in China were not so strict and big companies were able to manage their employees just on business visa there for years all together.
You need a PCC for every country in which you spent 6 months or more. Not just 6 months continuously. If you have spent a total of 6 months or more in China since you turned 18, you need a PCC.

Also, the fact that you were there on a business visa makes no difference. If you were there for 6 months, you need a PCC, no matter what sort of visa you had.

shashar

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
You need a PCC for every country in which you spent 6 months or more. Not just 6 months continuously. If you have spent a total of 6 months or more in China since you turned 18, you need a PCC.

Also, the fact that you were there on a business visa makes no difference. If you were there for 6 months, you need a PCC, no matter what sort of visa you had.
Thanks Istari. I have travelled twice to US - first time for 2 months and second time for 5 months. So in this case I need PCC from USA too?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, guys. Could you please advise if the fact that the work experience does not match the educational background could pose any problem in the application in the future?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
Hello, guys. Could you please advise if the fact that the work experience does not match the educational background could pose any problem in the application in the future?
No.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Further to my quest of getting the documents in place (even before the EE application), I need guidance on the below query.

My ex-employer is Infosys, We all know they do not give 'Roles & Responsibilities' letter to anyone. Now an ex-colleague of mine is willing to give a reference letter. However, he is currently based in USA (still working for Infosys). My questions are:

Where should I get the letter notarized from? (Colleague works in USA, I now live in UAE, My Infosys job was in India)

Also, can I notarize a scanned copy or is it mandatory to notarize original copy?

Awaiting your response guys. Thanks a lot.

Cheers !

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Further to my quest of getting the documents in place (even before the EE application), I need guidance on the below query.

My ex-employer is Infosys, We all know they do not give 'Roles & Responsibilities' letter to anyone. Now an ex-colleague of mine is willing to give a reference letter. However, he is currently based in USA (still working for Infosys). My questions are:

Where should I get the letter notarized from? (Colleague works in USA, I now live in UAE, My Infosys job was in India)

Also, can I notarize a scanned copy or is it mandatory to notarize original copy?

Awaiting your response guys. Thanks a lot.

Cheers !
You're not understanding the purpose of notarisation.
Having this document notarised means that the person who's writing the letter (in this case your ex-colleague) signs the letter in front of a notary, so the notary can confirm that the person writing it has indeed signed it (so that you can't forge their signature, or change the information in the document, etc.).
So the document needs to be notarised while your ex-colleague is signing, which means that it needs to be notarised wherever your ex-colleague is.