+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Arsalan78

Nov 10, 2015
This is regarding qualification Assessment. My last degree is PhD from Malaysia. I want to get assessment my Phd. Question here is whether i need to submit masters till secondary school certificate to get assessed my Phd. I look forward to hearing from u.

Arsalan78

Nov 10, 2015
This is regarding qualification assessment. My last degree is PhD from Malaysia. I want to get assessment my Phd. Question here is whether i need to submit masters till secondary school certificate to get assessed my Phd or only PhD degree. I look forward to hearing from u. YEs, wES is very confusing...when i select country ...its seems all is need....

Step 2: Documents to Send
higher education
All documents listed below are required.
Required Documents
How to Send Documents
Clear, legible photocopies of all degree certificates and diplomas issued by the institution attended

e.g. Bachelor, Master,Ph.D.

AND
To be submitted to WES by applicant.
Academic transcripts for all post-secondary programs of study

To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended.

Download the academic records request form.
For completed doctoral programs, a letter confirming the awarding of doctorate To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended.

Download the academic records request form

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arsalan78 said:
This is regarding qualification Assessment. My last degree is PhD from Malaysia. I want to get assessment my Phd. Question here is whether i need to submit masters till secondary school certificate to get assessed my Phd. I look forward to hearing from u.
It's usually not needed.
But look at the 'documents required' section on WES for your country. It will tell you whether or not they are needed.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Arsalan78 said:
This is regarding qualification assessment. My last degree is PhD from Malaysia. I want to get assessment my Phd. Question here is whether i need to submit masters till secondary school certificate to get assessed my Phd or only PhD degree. I look forward to hearing from u.
Check this link to know the documents that would apply for studies completed in Malaysia http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/requireddocuments/index.asp?lctryid=98

FBack54

May 25, 2015
Stanlee said:
You will need Police Certificates from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Please refer to the below extract from CIC website.

As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependants) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18.

Note: This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.

You will have to combine all the police certificates into one pdf before uploading the same.

CIC can access your CELPIP results online (as they have the date and reference number of the test). However, if you want to upload it, you can combine it with educational documents.
Thanks Stanlee. I recalculated the numbers of days I spent in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and it turns out that I have only spent more than 6 months in Saudi Arabia and not Pakistan. When I go on the CIC police certificate website and check on how to get police certificates for Saudi, it says the following:

If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

So I think I am ok to include that in a letter of explanation as to why I am not providing a PCC from Saudi Arabia. As for Pakistan, is it possible that I am being asked for the PCC because that is my nationality? I have spent less than 5 months in Pakistan since turning 18, but it may be that the online system is just looking at months as opposed to days, bringing me to 6 months some how. Is that also a possibility?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
FBack54 said:
Thanks Stanlee. I recalculated the numbers of days I spent in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and it turns out that I have only spent more than 6 months in Saudi Arabia and not Pakistan. When I go on the CIC police certificate website and check on how to get police certificates for Saudi, it says the following:

If you do not have current legal residence status in Saudi Arabia, you are not required to provide a Saudi Arabian police certificate. If you are asked for a police certificate from Saudi Arabia, write: “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Saudi Arabia because certificates are only available to people who have current legal residence status.”

So I think I am ok to include that in a letter of explanation as to why I am not providing a PCC from Saudi Arabia. As for Pakistan, is it possible that I am being asked for the PCC because that is my nationality? I have spent less than 5 months in Pakistan since turning 18, but it may be that the online system is just looking at months as opposed to days, bringing me to 6 months some how. Is that also a possibility?
That's great about Saudi Arabia.

If in Pakistan, you have stayed less than 5 months, then it is fine, you will not need a Police Certificate. You can explain the same in a Letter of Explanation for both Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi, my passport is on my permanent address but I have shifted to another address due to office being nearby. My parents still continue to live at the permanent address. In the EE profile, is there any question wherein I am also required to mention my current address or I can only mention my permanent address which is same as per passport to avoid any discrepancy.

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
hi..if anyone can answer..i have queries regarding quebac immigration and i m not getting replies there..so pls help ..

i have done 4 year graduation and 2 year Masters in Business Administration (Finance) stream.. which category should I choose from following points:

Technical post-secondary diploma - 2 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 13 years of full-time education)
Technical post-secondary diploma - 3 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 14 years of full-time education
Undergraduate diploma of university studies - 1 year (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 14 years of full-time education)
Undergraduate diploma of university studies - 2 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 15 years of full-time education)
Undergraduate diploma of university studies - 3, 4 or 5 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 16 to 18 years of full-time education)
Graduate diploma of university studies - 2 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 18 to 19 years of full-time education)
Post-graduate diploma of university studies

and what does DCS and ACS stands for??

Pls help..

jimmy2times

Jan 2, 2016
istari said:
This isn't a silly question; many people have been very confused by CIC's ambiguous phrasing.

Only 1 year of your work experience has to be continuous. (Or if you are applying under CEC, it doesn't have to be continuous at all.) All the rest can be in smaller chunks.

So you have 6.5 years of work experience.

(But if you are applying under FSW, you only get points for 3 years of experience.)
Wonderful! Thanks!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
vaibhav007us said:
Hi, my passport is on my permanent address but I have shifted to another address due to office being nearby. My parents still continue to live at the permanent address. In the EE profile, is there any question wherein I am also required to mention my current address or I can only mention my permanent address which is same as per passport to avoid any discrepancy.
You can mention your current address in your EE profile as all mail communications shall be sent to this address, unless and until you want all mail communications to be sent to your permanent address.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Thanks Stanlee, a couple of follow on questions:

1. I hope CIC would not consider this as discrepancy in address as per EE profile and passport.

2. I guess police clearance certificate would only be required for the permanent address in the passport?

3. Is the communication address mentioned on any ITA or other documents issued by CIC? If yes, wouldnt this create a problem when I show this document to Passport office for police clearance?

Regards.

budhirar

Apr 23, 2016
Please guide.

Background:
I got L/R/W/S - 7.5/8/7/8. My CRS marks would be around 390 which would not be sufficient to get ITA even provincial nomination. I will have to get atleast 8 in listening to score above 440. I am going to reappear for IELTS which will take 1-2 months.
I have not yet created EE profile as the CRS marks are not good. The only option to get PR in this case would be to get a job for 600 points. I can see lot of jobs for my finance profile on job bank, LinkedIn and job portals, and wants to apply ASAP, but not sure of applying with a low score.

My questions:
Should I create EE profile and enroll in Job bank with low CRS score? or Wait for a good score in IELTS? What are pros and cons?
What are the chances of getting an interview call after creating EE profile? Do the companies in Canada entertain such resumes with no PR but in process?
Do the companies consider CRS score while selecting a candidate? If yes, then it would be better to wait.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
budhirar said:
Please guide.

Background:
I got L/R/W/S - 7.5/8/7/8. My CRS marks would be around 390 which would not be sufficient to get ITA even provincial nomination. I will have to get atleast 8 in listening to score above 440. I am going to reappear for IELTS which will take 1-2 months.
I have not yet created EE profile as the CRS marks are not good. The only option to get PR in this case would be to get a job for 600 points. I can see lot of jobs for my finance profile on job bank, LinkedIn and job portals, and wants to apply ASAP, but not sure of applying with a low score.

My questions:
Should I create EE profile and enroll in Job bank with low CRS score? or Wait for a good score in IELTS? What are pros and cons?
What are the chances of getting an interview call after creating EE profile? Do the companies in Canada entertain such resumes with no PR but in process?
Do the companies consider CRS score while selecting a candidate? If yes, then it would be better to wait.
Firstly, getting a job before you get PR is exceptionally unlikely ! It's almost impossible.
For a company to offer you a job before you have PR, they will have to get an LMIA. To do so, they have to prove that there is no one in Canada capable of doing the job.
So if you have an incredibly rare skill set, congratulations. Otherwise, you will not get a job before you have PR.

Have you considered Provincial Nomination ?

nucleus

Aug 8, 2016
Hi,

I've just created my EE profile, my CRS score is 474. Going by the latest trend and the recent discussions on the reduction of points in the next few months, i'm hoping to get an ITA soon.

So my situation is that i'll be traveling outside India for work in the coming week for the next 4 months, so if i get the ITA in that period i'll have to "apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate" to get my police clearance certificate (PCC), which i think is much more difficult task than actually applying for it in India.

Wanted to check with you guys if it's ok for me to get my PCC from India now and then get the medical certificate (MC) from the country that i'll be in after i get my ITA? Is it ok for the CIC that PCC and MC be from different countries for the same applicant?

Looking forward to hearing your views.

Thanks.

Feb 25, 2015
Hello Stanlee,

Thank you for being active on this platform.

I have created a EE profile, initially when i tried with the Come to canada tool, it was showing that I am eligible but when I completed the profile it shows that I m not eligible.

I made my wife as a primary applicant, find the following details.

ILETS: R-8, S-7.5, L-8, W-6.5
ECA : done 4 years bachelor
Fund: 17000 CAD
Experience: more than 6 years

I have also not received any option for job bank submission.

Please guide me what should I do?

Regards
Gajendra