+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
hi i have been working in xxx company from last november now i got offer from other company same noc if i change my employer does it effect chances of getting points for 1 year experience as if now i have 8 months of experience. or is it better to continue with same employer few more months and complete 1 year and then switch employer.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navi9 said:
hi i have been working in xxx company from last november now i got offer from other company same noc if i change my employer does it effect chances of getting points for 1 year experience as if now i have 8 months of experience. or is it better to continue with same employer few more months and complete 1 year and then switch employer.
It's okay to switch employer as long as there is no gap in your employment (so for example, you finish the old job, and start the new job the very next week). But IMO, it's better to stay with the same employer for a few more months.

Gunjan_7

Aug 12, 2014
Hi Seniors,

I have few queries regarding my application and need help for further step.

Actually , I received an ITA through EE and submitted my online application for PR from Canada as I am in Canada on closed workpermit. I put my permanent address and mailing address are of India, but put current address in personal history of Canada at the time of filling online application form.

My application is still in progress and Now I have to go back to India within a month as my assignment is over in Canada and will be staying in India till my PR application is processed.

Could you please let me know Should I need to inform about the change in current address to CIC as my Permanent and mailing both addresses of India.

Thanks
Gunjan

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
@Gunjan - Yes I would suggest to notify them once it happens. I am not sure how to notify them because you are asking about post e-aor process and I only know a little bit about how to inform the province post the AOR received from them. So these r 2 different things. Bottomline, please inform them after the change in address happens and not before that.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibhav007us said:
Hi, do we need to submit any documentation while creating the EE profile with the CIC?

Regards.
No. At this stage, you only need to provide the reference numbers for your IELTS results, and your ECA results.

canadafsw2015

Nov 10, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17-03-2016 SA: 21-03-2016 AOR2: 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 08-05-2016 PPR: 11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
Posting this on a friend's behalf -

He is planning to apply for EE. He is the principal applicant. Does he also need to get his wife's Educational Credential Assessment (WES) done? Is it mandatory?

If not mandatory, would doing that, add points for him?

Cheers!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
canadafsw2015 said:
Posting this on a friend's behalf -

He is planning to apply for EE. He is the principal applicant. Does he also need to get his wife's Educational Credential Assessment (WES) done? Is it mandatory?

If not mandatory, would doing that, add points for him?

Cheers!
Replied on the other thread.

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Hi guys.....

I have just received my ITA for PR under the EE route through the CEC experience class. I am a UK citizen currently living/working in Canada! My wife is here too but wasn't issued a work permit, but a visitor record.

A few questions that I could do with help with.....

In my work history I have an 18 month period of being self employed, I am really struggling to find any way to prove this or the work history documents, what do you suggest? Could I cover it with a letter of explanation?

My wife (who is on a visitor record), is being asked to prove her post-secondary education, but we have no idea where her certificates are! Any suggestions on how to cover this off? I will be attempting to call the college on Monday. Or could I alter her educational history to remove these entries, as she hasn't gained any points by putting them on the profile?

Also in her work history she worked for family run business that has subsequently closed down and we have no contact information for them......Any thoughts?

Many thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigbenbird said:
Hi guys.....

I have just received my ITA for PR under the EE route through the CEC experience class. I am a UK citizen currently living/working in Canada! My wife is here too but wasn't issued a work permit, but a visitor record.

A few questions that I could do with help with.....

In my work history I have an 18 month period of being self employed, I am really struggling to find any way to prove this or the work history documents, what do you suggest? Could I cover it with a letter of explanation?
A LOE will not do. If you need to claim points for this period, you will need to find some documentation. If you don't need to claim points for it, leave it off your work history.

My wife (who is on a visitor record), is being asked to prove her post-secondary education, but we have no idea where her certificates are! Any suggestions on how to cover this off? I will be attempting to call the college on Monday. Or could I alter her educational history to remove these entries, as she hasn't gained any points by putting them on the profile?
If she's not gaining points for it, remove it from the profile.

Also in her work history she worked for family run business that has subsequently closed down and we have no contact information for them......Any thoughts?
If she wants to claim points for this work, she needs documentation. If she's not claiming points, remove it from the profile.

Many thanks

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Thanks

According to my profile scores the wife didn't gain me any points, so I can remove anything from the EE profile that I/we don't need?

I gained 50 point for my non-Canadian skill transferable work experience. The period of self employment is nearly 10 years ago........ not sure how that will impact that score and the overall total?

If I took it out of my history it would leave a gap unless I remove earlier stuff too! Would the gap flag an issue with the CIC? or should I just prove the work history for the last 9 years?

I scored 848 points overall.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigbenbird said:
Thanks

According to my profile scores the wife didn't gain me any points, so I can remove anything from the EE profile that I/we don't need?
Correct.

I gained 50 point for my non-Canadian skill transferable work experience. The period of self employment is nearly 10 years ago........ not sure how that will impact that score and the overall total?
You only get points for 3 years of foreign work experience. Any experience on top of that will gain you no extra points.

If I took it out of my history it would leave a gap unless I remove earlier stuff too! Would the gap flag an issue with the CIC? or should I just prove the work history for the last 9 years?
Your work history only needs to contain work experience you're claiming points for. (Which, as I said, is a maximum of 3 years.) Anything else can be removed.
Any work that you do not include in your work history should still be mentioned in your personal history. That way, you've still told CIC about it, but you don't have to provide any evidence.

I scored 848 points overall.

Bigbenbird

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
Thanks ever so much istari

That advice has really helped.

One last question (for now)......

I haven't had my qualifications assessed and because of this I haven't gained any points for them either, but I do have the relevant documents with me, should I keep this on my profile and provide the evidence or shall I just remove it?

Once again many thanks

Ben

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigbenbird said:
Thanks ever so much istari

That advice has really helped.

One last question (for now)......

I haven't had my qualifications assessed and because of this I haven't gained any points for them either, but I do have the relevant documents with me, should I keep this on my profile and provide the evidence or shall I just remove it?

Once again many thanks

Ben
Honestly, I've never encountered this situation before; I've never seen anyone not claim any points for education.
I assume that it can be removed from the education section, and just put into your personal history. But if you have the documents with you, it's not that much extra effort to scan and upload them, just in case.

But perhaps one of the seniors will know more about this than I do.