+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
Hi seniors

I had submitted the entire application after the ITA by the 10th of March. After getting one ghost update there has been nothing from the CIC and it has been 4 months now.

Any idea on what are the next steps? Do I make a CSE or do I just wait and watch? Any idea on how it progresses from here?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
Can i submit my medicals and PCC after submitting my e-APR??

The reason i am asking is i don't know when will i get an ITA and I don't want PCC to expire before getting an ITA and going through the process again.

Can anyone clear this?
Just curious.. your profile says you finished your landing. But you still seem to be looking for ita. Did you let your old pr expire?

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I'm glad that I found this forum and thank everyone who contributes to it. I'm in the process of beginning my immigration application and therefore have questions....will appreciate answers from any of the people who have knowledge on the subject matters:

1. I have BS, MS (2015 graduate) and 4.5 years of work experience in US, do I still need to take IELTS?

2. I'm applying for myself as primary applicant and also for my wife. I have submitted WES application to get my credentials verified and intend to take IELTS exam next month. My questions is that do I need to get my wife's education verified and have her take IELTS exam as well even though I'm the primary applicant.

3. Do her credentials (education, IELTS etc.) help my application or do they have no impact on it?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkhan15 said:
I'm glad that I found this forum and thank everyone who contributes to it. I'm in the process of beginning my immigration application and therefore have questions....will appreciate answers from any of the people who have knowledge on the subject matters:

1. I have BS, MS (2015 graduate) and 4.5 years of work experience in US, do I still need to take IELTS?
Yes. Everyone has to take IELTS, even native English speakers.

2. I'm applying for myself as primary applicant and also for my wife. I have submitted WES application to get my credentials verified and intend to take IELTS exam next month. My questions is that do I need to get my wife's education verified and have her take IELTS exam as well even though I'm the primary applicant.
You can get points for your wife's education and IELTS, but it isn't necessary if you don't require the extra points.

3. Do her credentials (education, IELTS etc.) help my application or do they have no impact on it?
You can gain up to 10 points for your spouse's education, and up to 20 points for their IELTS.

satishmattad

Jul 27, 2016
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and I would like to apply for PR for Canada. I have read few blog topics here and I need to your advise here.

I spoke to one of the consultancy here for initial assessment and I have got 71 points and they said I'm eligible to apply. NOC is 2171

Can I contact consultancy for end to end process or I can do it by my own with the help this forum?

Also, consultancy is saying I can get a job through job bank and with their own service called job marketing. Is it possible to get a job offer before we land to Canada?

Regards,

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satishmattad said:
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and I would like to apply for PR for Canada. I have read few blog topics here and I need to your advise here.

I spoke to one of the consultancy here for initial assessment and I have got 71 points and they said I'm eligible to apply. NOC is 2171

Can I contact consultancy for end to end process or I can do it by my own with the help this forum?

Also, consultancy is saying I can get a job through job bank and with their own service called job marketing. Is it possible to get a job offer before we land to Canada?

Regards,
You can do it without a consultant.

It is extremely unlikely that you will get a job before landing.

satishmattad

Jul 27, 2016
Thanks for your help..

I would like to apply for my wife and twins(18 months old) with me.

So starting with initial steps, I need to complete IELTS and WES before creating a profile.

What would be the approx cost for end to end process? sorry if I'm asking wrong query here.

Regards,

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
satishmattad said:
Thanks for your help..

So starting with initial steps, I need to complete IELTS and WES before creating a profile.

What would be the approx cost for end to end process? sorry if I'm asking wrong query here.

Regards,
Assuming you're from India.
1. IELTS will cost you around 10k INR.
2. WES - 17.xk for the process and 3.5k for courier (FedEx).

This is only before creating the profile. After ITA, application fees will be there. $550+$490 per adult.

This is what I had to shell out w.r.t India. Hope this helps.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satishmattad said:
Thanks for your help..

Regards,
Do you just mean the cost for IELTS and WES ?

If you mean the entire immigration application process, there is also a RPRF of $CAN 490 per adult, and a processing fee of $550 per adult and $150 per child.

So for your family of 4, the application fees will be $2,380. Plus the cost of IELTS and WES, and any additional costs (courier services, passport photos, etc.)

missiq

Mar 30, 2016
hi all..

I have done my MBA and sent my docs for assessment in March to ICAS. can any one tell me when should i expect the results.

will be highly obliged!!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missiq said:
hi all..

I have done my MBA and sent my docs for assessment in March to ICAS. can any one tell me when should i expect the results.

will be highly obliged!!
The ICAS website says that it will take about 25 weeks from when the application is received. So you should receive your results around September.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
No. You will NOT be able to submit your application without your PCC and medicals. You MUST submit PCC(s) and your medical results along with the application.

There are exceptions but they are not applicable to your situation.
Thanks for the clarification.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
DEEPCUR said:
Just curious.. your profile says you finished your landing. But you still seem to be looking for ita. Did you let your old pr expire?
I am not a permanent resident yet. This is an old timeline that i used for my study visa process at that time i did not know its particularly for PR process.