+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
Dear All Expert,

I am looking for apply in express entry system. While preparing job experience document by company, I have question in my mind.

As per requirement of Provincial nomination, they are asking following information in Letter of Reference,
=================================================================================
For the principal applicant:

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the
equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified as their primary
occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011.

In order to meet the minimum requirements, the applicant’s skilled work experience must have occurred within
the 10 years preceding the date of their application.

 Letters of reference from all employers for the past 10 years

Letters must:
 be written on company letterhead
 be signed by the responsible officer/supervisor
 show company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses
 be stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

Letters must include all of the following information:
 the specific period of your employment with the company
 the positions you have held during the period of employment and time spent in each position

===================================================================================

My query is bold lined statement, where it said that each position, I need to provide job responsibilities. I had worked in a company for 6 years in same function where I got promoted 2 times, however my duties and responsibilities were same.

Do I need add this information in Letter of Reference, when I got promoted and also include duties and responsibilities separately? or I can say these are same duties and responsibilities I had performed during my job tenure.

Additionally, I have another question regarding bank solvency. Can I show provident fund scheme and gratuity from my company as prove of solvency? Do CIC count them?

Thanks.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
One more question, me and my wife are both CA's working with Big4 in different fields.

1. When I create my profile, do only I have to apply in the job bank or my wife's resume can also be floated?

2. If my wife gets any job opportunity, would her additional points be counted in mine?

3. Considering that both of us have different experience, would it be advisable that we file 2 separate application, 1 in which I am the applicant and 1 in which she is the applicant? So that incase her skill set is more in demand in Canada, she gets the ITA.

4. Further to question 3, if 1 of us gets an ITA, can 1 application be withdrawn subsequently?

Regards

rakeshpatade

Jan 23, 2016
Hello Guys,

I got ITA on 24th Feb, 2016 and AOR on 24th April, 2016. Still waiting for passport request.... :( :( Do you guys have an idea regarding normal duration taken by CIC? Plz reply.

12.02.2016 Express Entry Profile created
24.02.2016 ITA
24.04.2016 AOR
27.04.2016 Request Letter
10.05.2016 Request Letter submitted
12.05.2016 Medical Passed
__.__.____ PPR still waiting.... :(

Regards,
Rakesh

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibhav007us said:
One more question, me and my wife are both CA's working with Big4 in different fields.

1. When I create my profile, do only I have to apply in the job bank or my wife's resume can also be floated?
Only the principal applicant can join Job Bank. That said, Job Bank is pretty useless at the moment (the service is still under construction). Joining Job Bank is just a formality you have to go through in order to submit your EE. You will almost certainly NOT find a job on Job Bank.
You and your wife can both try other job search sites, however. (You have more chance with other sites than with Job Bank, but the prospect is still bleak.)

2. If my wife gets any job opportunity, would her additional points be counted in mine?
No.
If your wife gets an LMIA supported job offer (and you do not, and you also don't have provincial nomination), then your wife would score more CRS points than you. In that case, you would create a separate EE profile with your wife as the principal applicant, which would have a higher CRS than the original profile, and will get ITA very quickly.

3. Considering that both of us have different experience, would it be advisable that we file 2 separate application, 1 in which I am the applicant and 1 in which she is the applicant? So that incase her skill set is more in demand in Canada, she gets the ITA.
Your skill set has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you get ITA. The only thing that matters is your CRS.
You should use the CRS tool (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp) to see whether you or your wife get higher CRS. Whoever has the highest score should be the principal applicant.

4. Further to question 3, if 1 of us gets an ITA, can 1 application be withdrawn subsequently?
Yes.

Regards

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibhav007us said:
Hi, has any India CA or US CPA got his qualification assessed. what is the result?
Have you tried using WES's free equivalency tool ? https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Thanks very much @Istari for the clarification. To summarise, I think, I think it is better to create 2 EE profiles from the beginning and keep searching for job. Whoever gets the job first, we would go ahead with that application.

Anyone else has any comments on this?

Regarding the equivalency tool, I tried that and CA/ CPA does not come in the qualification list to choose from. It is either Bachelor or Master degrees.

aspireimmi

Jun 30, 2015
Hi Asivad,

can I use two different NOC code to show three years experience in order to claim more points.

such as

2147 for 2.8years

2171 for 0.4 years

i know this has been answered somewhere in the forum past but again i wanna make sure if the circumstances changes.

your reply would be appreciated.

thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aspireimmi said:
Hi Asivad,

can I use two different NOC code to show three years experience in order to claim more points.

such as

2147 for 2.8years

2171 for 0.4 years

i know this has been answered somewhere in the forum past but again i wanna make sure if the circumstances changes.

your reply would be appreciated.

thank you
Yes, can be used as long as you have a continuous work experience of at least 12 months in one of those NOCs.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vaibhav007us said:
Thanks very much @Istari for the clarification. To summarise, I think, I think it is better to create 2 EE profiles from the beginning and keep searching for job. Whoever gets the job first, we would go ahead with that application.

Anyone else has any comments on this?

Regarding the equivalency tool, I tried that and CA/ CPA does not come in the qualification list to choose from. It is either Bachelor or Master degrees.
Please note that any "job" will NOT get you 600 points. The job offer should be backed by a positive (very hard to get) LMIA. Unless the applicant has exceptionally awesome skills that are in high demand in Canada, it is not easy to get a job while still living outside of Canada. More practical/quick options to increase the CRS are getting a better IELTS score (getting a CLB-9 will improve the score significantly) or securing a Provincial Nomination.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi All,

Today i updated my profile and reduced my work experience from 14 months to 10 months as i received my work permit in September last year but started working in may last year. As soon as i reduced my work experience my profile become ineligible (that was expected). But after doing so my application got locked and i can not edit it any more and there is no option to withdraw application. when i open view submitted application it shows transmitted in front of all the sections with a red lock on it and there is no option to update information.

Can anyone help me on this? what does this mean?

Do i need to create another profile or my current profile will become eligible after two months??

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
Hi All,

Today i updated my profile and reduced my work experience from 14 months to 10 months as i received my work permit in September last year but started working in may last year. As soon as i reduced my work experience my profile become ineligible (that was expected). But after doing so my application got locked and i can not edit it any more and there is no option to withdraw application. when i open view submitted application it shows transmitted in front of all the sections with a red lock on it and there is no option to update information.

Can anyone help me on this? what does this mean?

Do i need to create another profile or my current profile will become eligible after two months??
Once your profile becomes ineligible, you will have to create a new profile. Do you have any foreign experience (experience gained outside Canada)? If yes, then mention that provided it is at least one year experience so that you can have an eligible profile, otherwise you will have to wait till you complete one year of Canadian experience.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Stanlee said:
Once your profile becomes ineligible, you will have to create a new profile. Do you have any foreign experience (experience gained outside Canada)? If yes, then mention that provided it is at least one year experience so that you can have an eligible profile, otherwise you will have to wait till you complete one year of Canadian experience.
i did mention my foreign work experience of 2 years. But it considered me under CEC category as per my Canadian work experience & not in FSW category. Was it supposed to be considered under both FSW and CEC category?

Yugene

Jul 19, 2016
A very informative post. Thanks a lot . I just want to ask if a principal applicant can use a spouse's Proof of Fund (who will also be migrating with him/her) or a combined POF for both of them.
Thanks in advance.