+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
If you don't agree with WES's decision, you can send them an email through their "Contact" form.

The difference in equivalency may be because of the marks scored, though. (For example, scoring 90% may earn you a higher equivalency than scoring 60%.)
I do not agree with you that the marks score would not impact the degree equivalency. But yes, you can always contact WES if you do not find the results justifying.

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_Aspirant said:
I do not agree with you that the marks score would not impact the degree equivalency. But yes, you can always contact WES if you do not find the results justifying.

Thanks
I have no idea if the marks affecting the equivalency is possible. But I believe in the USA, for example, a fail is 60% or below, whereas in Australia (where I live), a fail is 49% or below.
So it's possible that a passing grade in the country that awarded the degree is not equal to a passing grade in Canada.
Also, if the grades had no impact, why would WES require your transcripts ?

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
I have no idea if the marks affecting the equivalency is possible. But I believe in the USA, for example, a fail is 60% or below, whereas in Australia (where I live), a fail is 49% or below.
So it's possible that a passing grade in the country that awarded the degree is not equal to a passing grade in Canada.
Also, if the grades had no impact, why would WES require your transcripts ?
The whole point of getting your degree assessed by an authority designated by CIC is that to check whether the foreign degree you have obtained is valid in Canada or not and if it is valid then how it stands in terms of Canadian Standard. Once, you have obtained your degree from your respective University successfully (with even passing grades), WES or any other organization will not counter it by saying that your grades are not good so we will not assess it or assign you a lower assessment.

Experts can also comment on my prospective.

Thanks

houseofcard

May 5, 2016
Hello all,

This is really a helpful post with all the information. I am curious to know as an FSW applicant under the express entry, Is anyone allowed to enroll in a PhD program after landing in Canada? I am the principal applicant. My husband and I, both of us are planning to enroll in phd program in canada. Meanwhile, we are applying for express entry for FSW.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks in Advance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_Aspirant said:
The whole point of getting your degree assessed by an authority designated by CIC is that to check whether the foreign degree you have obtained is valid in Canada or not and if it is valid then how it stands in terms of Canadian Standard. Once, you have obtained your degree from your respective University successfully (with even passing grades), WES or any other organization will not counter it by saying that your grades are not good so we will not assess it or assign you a lower assessment.

Experts can also comment on my prospective.

Thanks
You're probably right.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
houseofcard said:
Hello all,

This is really a helpful post with all the information. I am curious to know as an FSW applicant under the express entry, Is anyone allowed to enroll in a PhD program after landing in Canada? I am the principal applicant. My husband and I, both of us are planning to enroll in phd program in canada. Meanwhile, we are applying for express entry for FSW.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks in Advance.
Once you have PR, you can do anything you like.

Msq123

Jun 19, 2016
Hi Thanks a lot for your comments @istari and @aspiratnts. I have checked that in detail. Both are first class honours from UK along with a professional accountancy degrees. One is assessed as "two bacelors degrees one 4 year and other 3 years" and Other is Assessed as One "4 years Bachelors degree with remarks that other degree is provided in collaboration.".
Now this sounds so much confusing and is having a material implications on scores.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msq123 said:
Hi Thanks a lot for your comments @istari and @aspiratnts. I have checked that in detail. Both are first class honours from UK along with a professional accountancy degrees. One is assessed as "two bacelors degrees one 4 year and other 3 years" and Other is Assessed as One "4 years Bachelors degree with remarks that other degree is provided in collaboration.".
Now this sounds so much confusing and is having a material implications on scores.
That is a huge difference between the two ! I would definitely contact WES.

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
I have got new passport and IELTS score, please confirm steps to update CIC application ? Do I have to upload scanned documents too ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ravs77 said:
I have got new passport and IELTS score, please confirm steps to update CIC application ? Do I have to upload scanned documents too ?
Are you referring to Express Entry profile or PR application which you want to update?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Just wanted a confirmation, ordering GCMS notes causes the officer issuing the notes to first clear any pending actions on the file, right? Basically it's a very simple way to induce progress on your file if it doesn't seem to be moving forward?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
For proof of funds: What do I need to represent?
1. Bank letter stating XYZ amount is in my account or
2. Bank letter stating above along with account statement of last X months.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Canada2425 said:
For proof of funds: What do I need to represent?
1. Bank letter stating XYZ amount is in my account or
2. Bank letter stating above along with account statement of last X months.
You need the following
1. Letter from bank stating the details of accounts held by you (savings, term deposits etc). The letter should have your name, account number(s), date account opened, current available balance and last 6 months average balance.
2. Last 6 months bank statements

AARJUN

Jan 20, 2016
Hello All,

I have a question regarding the police clearance and date of birth certificate. what is the validation for each one of them?
And also, Is it possible to get the documents again if you are under implied status from Canada? I will be really thankful if someone can reply?

Thanks,
Arjun