+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
Does anyone of you have gone through applying for the Express Entry WHILE residing in Canada? It would be awesome to hear your experience and know step-by-step guidelines on how to apply for the EE WITHIN Canada. I am an international student who is recently graduated from a graduate program in Canada, and I have a valid open PGWP. As far as I understood there are different types of programs that you can apply for the EE, but I do not have a Canadian work experience yet as I recently graduated and currently looking for a job. Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
sunny_guyed said:
Does anyone of you have gone through applying for the Express Entry WHILE residing in Canada? It would be awesome to hear your experience and know step-by-step guidelines on how to apply for the EE WITHIN Canada. I am an international student who is recently graduated from a graduate program in Canada, and I have a valid open PGWP. As far as I understood there are different types of programs that you can apply for the EE, but I do not have a Canadian work experience yet as I recently graduated and currently looking for a job. Thanks.
Check the first page. There's not much difference between applying outside and inside Canada, except where your passport will be sent for stamping.

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

My husband and I submitted our EE. We recently found out that I am pregnant. Do I need to report it somewhere? In the application I mentioned there are 2 people. Woud I also have to have more funds? Also, do we get any points for a child?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mvmkr said:
Hi everyone,

My husband and I submitted our EE. We recently found out that I am pregnant. Do I need to report it somewhere? In the application I mentioned there are 2 people. Woud I also have to have more funds? Also, do we get any points for a child?
You do not need to report it until the baby is born.
Once the baby is born, it can be added to your application at any time. If this happens before you receive ITA, you will need to increase the amount of funds. If it happens after you submit your eAPR, I believe the amount of required funds doesn't change (but I'm not 100% certain of this; perhaps a more senior member will know?).
You do not get any points for a child.
When you go for your medical, you will need to notify the physician that you're pregnant. In this case, the x-ray will be delayed until after the baby is born; I'm not sure when the x-ray will need to be done.
If the baby is born before you land in Canada, the baby will also require a medical, and a passport.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny_guyed said:
There are only 3 programs.
FST - for tradespeople;
FSW - for skilled workers;
CEC - for people with Canadian work experience.
You are only eligible, I believe, for FSW. Once you gain 1 year of Canadian work experience, you will also be eligible for CEC.

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
@bellaluna- thanks a lot! I did not get you as you were saying except sending my passport for a stamp? And the rest of them are same for applying EE within Canada? :'(

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
istari said:
You do not need to report it until the baby is born.
Once the baby is born, it can be added to your application at any time. If this happens before you receive ITA, you will need to increase the amount of funds. If it happens after you submit your eAPR, I believe the amount of required funds doesn't change (but I'm not 100% certain of this; perhaps a more senior member will know?).
You do not get any points for a child.
When you go for your medical, you will need to notify the physician that you're pregnant. In this case, the x-ray will be delayed until after the baby is born; I'm not sure when the x-ray will need to be done.
If the baby is born before you land in Canada, the baby will also require a medical, and a passport.
Thank you, istari!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunny_guyed said:
@bellaluna- thanks a lot! I did not get you as you were saying except sending my passport for a stamp? And the rest of them are same for applying EE within Canada? :'(
The whole process is the same as the one YamPower listed in her post on page 1: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507
Being in Canada or outside Canada really makes no difference.

The only differences are that you will be able to do CELPIP instead of IELTS if you want (I'm honestly not sure what the difference really is), and that when you send your passport to get a visa stamp, you will send your passport to Ottawa (rather than the visa office in your home country).

There is a thread for inland FSW applicants. If you have any more questions, you'll probably have more luck asking them: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-fsw-connect-here-t349156.3585.html

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
hi everyone
just curious to know how long its gonna take for PR after submiting the application?
i have heard it depends upon scores.my brother have above 900.he is going to submit next week.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuljit said:
hi everyone
just curious to know how long its gonna take for PR after submiting the application?
i have heard it depends upon scores.my brother have above 900.he is going to submit next week.
The trend seems to be anywhere from 4 to 7 months. I'm not sure whether the score affects it.

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
istari said:
The trend seems to be anywhere from 4 to 7 months. I'm not sure whether the score affects it.
thank you

Mayursharma86

Jun 3, 2015
Hi,
I got AOR from CIC in april this year.i applied as principle aaplicant and my spouse as dependent.Now my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our baby by december this year.before submitting our profile we had no idea of the status change. Now should i update my profile accordingly or send a letter of explanation to the VO or else wait for the PPR and apply for our child seperately .please guide as to what should i do. If evrything stays fine we will get PPR by september this year. Please suggest the right step so that my profile doesn't counted as misrepresentation.

Thanks

Msq123

Jun 19, 2016
I have seen a case where different equivallency has been granted by wes to same degrees.
In one case it's higher and in another its lower. Can it be challenged or asked for review?
Sorry but i needed help here !

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mayursharma86 said:
Hi,
I got AOR from CIC in april this year.i applied as principle aaplicant and my spouse as dependent.Now my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our baby by december this year.before submitting our profile we had no idea of the status change. Now should i update my profile accordingly or send a letter of explanation to the VO or else wait for the PPR and apply for our child seperately. please guide as to what should i do. If evrything stays fine we will get PPR by september this year. Please suggest the right step so that my profile doesn't counted as misrepresentation.

Thanks
Applying for the baby separately is a bad idea. It can take 18-24 months, and the baby will probably not be allowed to enter Canada in the meantime.
Once the baby is born, you need to notify CIC so that it can be added to your application. To land in Canada with you, the baby will require a medical exam and a passport.
IMO, though, if it's possible, your best bet is to have the baby in Canada.

Alternately, if you're unsure, contact CIC and ask them what you should do.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msq123 said:
I have seen a case where different equivallency has been granted by wes to same degrees.
In one case it's higher and in another its lower. Can it be challenged or asked for review?
Sorry but i needed help here !
If you don't agree with WES's decision, you can send them an email through their "Contact" form.

The difference in equivalency may be because of the marks scored, though. (For example, scoring 90% may earn you a higher equivalency than scoring 60%.)