+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
istari said:
The trend seems to be anywhere from 4 to 7 months. I'm not sure whether the score affects it.
thank you

Mayursharma86

Jun 3, 2015
Hi,
I got AOR from CIC in april this year.i applied as principle aaplicant and my spouse as dependent.Now my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our baby by december this year.before submitting our profile we had no idea of the status change. Now should i update my profile accordingly or send a letter of explanation to the VO or else wait for the PPR and apply for our child seperately .please guide as to what should i do. If evrything stays fine we will get PPR by september this year. Please suggest the right step so that my profile doesn't counted as misrepresentation.

Thanks

Msq123

Jun 19, 2016
I have seen a case where different equivallency has been granted by wes to same degrees.
In one case it's higher and in another its lower. Can it be challenged or asked for review?
Sorry but i needed help here !

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mayursharma86 said:
Hi,
I got AOR from CIC in april this year.i applied as principle aaplicant and my spouse as dependent.Now my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our baby by december this year.before submitting our profile we had no idea of the status change. Now should i update my profile accordingly or send a letter of explanation to the VO or else wait for the PPR and apply for our child seperately. please guide as to what should i do. If evrything stays fine we will get PPR by september this year. Please suggest the right step so that my profile doesn't counted as misrepresentation.

Thanks
Applying for the baby separately is a bad idea. It can take 18-24 months, and the baby will probably not be allowed to enter Canada in the meantime.
Once the baby is born, you need to notify CIC so that it can be added to your application. To land in Canada with you, the baby will require a medical exam and a passport.
IMO, though, if it's possible, your best bet is to have the baby in Canada.

Alternately, if you're unsure, contact CIC and ask them what you should do.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msq123 said:
I have seen a case where different equivallency has been granted by wes to same degrees.
In one case it's higher and in another its lower. Can it be challenged or asked for review?
Sorry but i needed help here !
If you don't agree with WES's decision, you can send them an email through their "Contact" form.

The difference in equivalency may be because of the marks scored, though. (For example, scoring 90% may earn you a higher equivalency than scoring 60%.)

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
If you don't agree with WES's decision, you can send them an email through their "Contact" form.

The difference in equivalency may be because of the marks scored, though. (For example, scoring 90% may earn you a higher equivalency than scoring 60%.)
I do not agree with you that the marks score would not impact the degree equivalency. But yes, you can always contact WES if you do not find the results justifying.

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_Aspirant said:
I do not agree with you that the marks score would not impact the degree equivalency. But yes, you can always contact WES if you do not find the results justifying.

Thanks
I have no idea if the marks affecting the equivalency is possible. But I believe in the USA, for example, a fail is 60% or below, whereas in Australia (where I live), a fail is 49% or below.
So it's possible that a passing grade in the country that awarded the degree is not equal to a passing grade in Canada.
Also, if the grades had no impact, why would WES require your transcripts ?

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
I have no idea if the marks affecting the equivalency is possible. But I believe in the USA, for example, a fail is 60% or below, whereas in Australia (where I live), a fail is 49% or below.
So it's possible that a passing grade in the country that awarded the degree is not equal to a passing grade in Canada.
Also, if the grades had no impact, why would WES require your transcripts ?
The whole point of getting your degree assessed by an authority designated by CIC is that to check whether the foreign degree you have obtained is valid in Canada or not and if it is valid then how it stands in terms of Canadian Standard. Once, you have obtained your degree from your respective University successfully (with even passing grades), WES or any other organization will not counter it by saying that your grades are not good so we will not assess it or assign you a lower assessment.

Experts can also comment on my prospective.

Thanks

houseofcard

May 5, 2016
Hello all,

This is really a helpful post with all the information. I am curious to know as an FSW applicant under the express entry, Is anyone allowed to enroll in a PhD program after landing in Canada? I am the principal applicant. My husband and I, both of us are planning to enroll in phd program in canada. Meanwhile, we are applying for express entry for FSW.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks in Advance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_Aspirant said:
The whole point of getting your degree assessed by an authority designated by CIC is that to check whether the foreign degree you have obtained is valid in Canada or not and if it is valid then how it stands in terms of Canadian Standard. Once, you have obtained your degree from your respective University successfully (with even passing grades), WES or any other organization will not counter it by saying that your grades are not good so we will not assess it or assign you a lower assessment.

Experts can also comment on my prospective.

Thanks
You're probably right.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
houseofcard said:
Hello all,

This is really a helpful post with all the information. I am curious to know as an FSW applicant under the express entry, Is anyone allowed to enroll in a PhD program after landing in Canada? I am the principal applicant. My husband and I, both of us are planning to enroll in phd program in canada. Meanwhile, we are applying for express entry for FSW.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks in Advance.
Once you have PR, you can do anything you like.

Msq123

Jun 19, 2016
Hi Thanks a lot for your comments @istari and @aspiratnts. I have checked that in detail. Both are first class honours from UK along with a professional accountancy degrees. One is assessed as "two bacelors degrees one 4 year and other 3 years" and Other is Assessed as One "4 years Bachelors degree with remarks that other degree is provided in collaboration.".
Now this sounds so much confusing and is having a material implications on scores.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msq123 said:
Hi Thanks a lot for your comments @istari and @aspiratnts. I have checked that in detail. Both are first class honours from UK along with a professional accountancy degrees. One is assessed as "two bacelors degrees one 4 year and other 3 years" and Other is Assessed as One "4 years Bachelors degree with remarks that other degree is provided in collaboration.".
Now this sounds so much confusing and is having a material implications on scores.
That is a huge difference between the two ! I would definitely contact WES.

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
I have got new passport and IELTS score, please confirm steps to update CIC application ? Do I have to upload scanned documents too ?