+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swashbuckler said:
I mean the "the highest level of education for which you have obtained?" what should i fill for that?

Should i fill
Two or more certificates,diplomas or degrees?
Go with 'Two or more...'. All the best!

mena india

Aug 4, 2015
Hello I am new in this forum and would like to seek help from seniors. I am applying for express entry and looking for steps to make profile. Kind send me the links for that.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mena india said:
Hello I am new in this forum and would like to seek help from seniors. I am applying for express entry and looking for steps to make profile. Kind send me the links for that.
Everything you need to know is systematically explained by YamPower here.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

Read at leisure and ask any follow up questions that you have. All the best!

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Since you are very good in responding and explaining. I have few questions to ask. I am on post grad open work permit and working for almost past 8 months. My questions are:

1) Does my employer has to pay 1000 dollar fee for LMIA even I have work permit already?

2) Does my employer has to advertise job for 4 weeks. If so, it doesn't make sense at all. Why we need to post a job for 4 weeks knowing the fact that I'm working for company already?

Your responses would be appreciated.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipeg141 said:
Hi Asivad,

Since you are very good in responding and explaining. I have few questions to ask. I am on post grad open work permit and working for almost past 8 months. My questions are:

1) Does my employer has to pay 1000 dollar fee for LMIA even I have work permit already?

That is indeed the case when your employer files a dual-intent LMIA application. In the other LMIA application (which doesn't carry a charge), the applicant cannot start working till a positive LMIA decision is made. In your case, I imagine your work status can continue unchanged in parallel with the LMIA application process. Of course, you can continue working till your work permit expires irrespective of the outcome of this LMIA application.

2) Does my employer has to advertise job for 4 weeks. If so, it doesn't make sense at all. Why we need to post a job for 4 weeks knowing the fact that I'm working for company already?

Yes. That is a requirement of the LMIA process. It makes sense when you consider the fact that you are not yet a PR/citizen and if there is a PR/citizen who is willing and able to do that job, Canada doesn't need you to come in as a PR for this particular job.

Your responses would be appreciated.

Thanks
Read more about the LMIA process here ---> http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Thanks for your response. I believe my employer doesn't need to apply for dual intent LMIAs. Correct? It is used to support the foreign nationals’ application to CIC for a:

permanent resident visa; and
temporary work permit.

I don't need support of work permit from them. Currently on a 3 year open work permit. Only need assistance with PR visa. For PR visa, no fee required from employer. Could you confirm this?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipeg141 said:
Thanks for your response. I believe my employer doesn't need to apply for dual intent LMIAs. Correct? It is used to support the foreign nationals' application to CIC for a:

permanent resident visa; and
temporary work permit.

I don't need support of work permit from them. Currently on a 3 year open work permit. Only need assistance with PR visa. For PR visa, no fee required from employer. Could you confirm this?

Thanks
That appears to be correct.

ashcse

Jul 7, 2015
Very good day !!!

Kindly guide me for FSW Express Entry with the below details.

Name - Ashwin Balasubramani
Age - 26
Nationality - India
Country of residence - India
Martial Status - Single
Study - Bachelor's degree - Computer Science (4 Academic Years)
Work exp - 4.5+ years (In India only)

IELTS - General Training
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Speaking - 6.0
Writing - 6.0

I have 2 of my close friends who are holding a PR currently. They both are living in ontario.

I have checked with some of my local consultancy contractors at my place. But they said that I score only 65 out of 100 in which I am not eligible for applying in FSW express entry. The minimum criteria is 67.

Kindly let me know with all the details above whether I am eligible enough to apply for FSW express entry and also let me know if I am eligible for any provincial nominee program.

If in case I am not eligible kindly suggest me some ideas so that I can work on and try my best to achieve for this PR status.

Thanks,
Ashwin

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashcse said:
Very good day !!!

Kindly guide me for FSW Express Entry with the below details.

Name - Ashwin Balasubramani
Age - 26
Nationality - India
Country of residence - India
Martial Status - Single
Study - Bachelor's degree - Computer Science (4 Academic Years)
Work exp - 4.5+ years (In India only)

IELTS - General Training
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Speaking - 6.0
Writing - 6.0

I have 2 of my close friends who are holding a PR currently. They both are living in ontario.

I have checked with some of my local consultancy contractors at my place. But they said that I score only 65 out of 100 in which I am not eligible for applying in FSW express entry. The minimum criteria is 67.

Kindly let me know with all the details above whether I am eligible enough to apply for FSW express entry and also let me know if I am eligible for any provincial nominee program.

If in case I am not eligible kindly suggest me some ideas so that I can work on and try my best to achieve for this PR status.

Thanks,
Ashwin
The consultants are right. You score only 65/100 and even that presumes that you have 4.5 years of full-time work experience in the same NOC.

You score only 19/24 in the Language section. If you can improve your IELTS scores in Reading, Speaking and Writing to 7 and maintain Listening at 8.5, you will be eligible for EE.

All the best!

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
I did EE on 03 August 2015, and I got result and final scores, but now when today I logged in and go to "View submitted application" there is some data is missing such as work history.

Is this normal or I have to refill and resubmit.

Please guide.

Bsrc

Aug 5, 2015
Hi

I am about to begin my application for express entry under federal skilled worker scheme. I get myself assessed by the CIC score tool and the result came out positive. A reference number was generated. I took my IELTS exam in July and scored 8. Also found out my NOC code, I am a Geoscientist.

However, i am a little confused about some issues and thus I need your help.

1. Do I need to submit or post supporting documents during setting the initial express entry profile?
2. I am arranging to get my educational credentials get assessed, but how do I get my work experience assessed? I have the reference letters from my supervisors according to the format specified in the CIC website.
3. Do I need to get my spouse's education assessed too?

Waiting for a kind reply :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bsrc said:
Hi

I am about to begin my application for express entry under federal skilled worker scheme. I get myself assessed by the CIC score tool and the result came out positive. A reference number was generated. I took my IELTS exam in July and scored 8. Also found out my NOC code, I am a Geoscientist.

However, i am a little confused about some issues and thus I need your help.

1. Do I need to submit or post supporting documents during setting the initial express entry profile?

No. You will be required to do this after getting an ITA.

2. I am arranging to get my educational credentials get assessed, but how do I get my work experience assessed? I have the reference letters from my supervisors according to the format specified in the CIC website.

You don't have to get work experience assessed. Reference letters in the required format would suffice.

3. Do I need to get my spouse's education assessed too?

It can add up to 10 points to your CRS. Your call if those are worth the money you will spend on spouse's ECA.

Waiting for a kind reply :)

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
mod2014 said:
I did EE on 03 August 2015, and I got result and final scores, but now when today I logged in and go to "View submitted application" there is some data is missing such as work history.

Please guide.
Please reply

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mod2014 said:

Please guide.
Did you save and 'transmit' this information?