+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visa_expat said:
Hi Friends,

This draws seems to be a never ending wait for the people without job offer. People with job offer keep on coming intermittently and increasing the score.
Can anyone predict whether next 2-3 draws will bring cutoff closer to 410?

Thanks,
No one on this forum can predict that. All we can do is make random/educated/semi-educated guesses.

akshayaki123

Jun 2, 2015
Hi All,

I have two queries regarding Express Entry Program:

1. My total experience 5 years and 6 months of experience in same domain as my NOC code (Network Consultant).
After I passed out from college, my joining in the company with college recruitment was delayed indefinitely. During this period of 1.5 years , I worked in an NGO, full time with no salary. Its a genuine work experience but is not related to my field and I was not getting any salary for the same.
Can this help in anyway during my process.

2. I am married and I am the primary applicant of this Express Entry application. My wife has a better education than mine and would like to use her credentials as a secondary applicant.
When I go for ECA with WES, do I need to pay them twice for ECA process or do I submit all documents together and they would do the ECA for my wife as well.
Just wanted to be clear before paying to WES.

Thanks in Advance!

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
akshayaki123 said:
Hi All,

I have two queries regarding Express Entry Program:

1. My total experience 5 years and 6 months of experience in same domain as my NOC code (Network Consultant).
After I passed out from college, my joining in the company with college recruitment was delayed indefinitely. During this period of 1.5 years , I worked in an NGO, full time with no salary. Its a genuine work experience but is not related to my field and I was not getting any salary for the same.
Can this help in anyway during my process. No, it will not help, because eligible work experience must be "paid". Here is what CIC states:
"Skilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
in the same NOC skill type (0, A or B) ,
within the last 10 years, and
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

2. I am married and I am the primary applicant of this Express Entry application. My wife has a better education than mine and would like to use her credentials as a secondary applicant.
When I go for ECA with WES, do I need to pay them twice for ECA process or do I submit all documents together and they would do the ECA for my wife as well.
Just wanted to be clear before paying to WES.
You need to do your ECA ASAP, because you cannot complete your Express Entry profile without it. If your wife has skilled experience, you should calculate her CRS score, to see who would get more points. Here is a link to CIC's CRS points calculator:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Thanks in Advance!

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friend,

i have some question,actually i am going to apply soon,so collecting all my documents,i just want to know do they ask for pay stubs too,i have some missing stubs,so if they do ask for stubs, i can talk with my employer to arrange missing stubs for me,and i am on LIMA so what more documents i need from my employer and do i have to show funds , because someone told me that i don't have to show fund if i have a arranged employment letter or i am currently working in canada, IS THAT TRUE.??????

Thanks in advance....

gsbhinder

Jun 8, 2015
Please give me advise .... I have experience as a staff nurse (Oct 2005 - april 2012). After getting married i moved to Italy. Living here from last 3 years. I am planning to move to Canada. Please if anyone can advise me what to do?? in which category i can apply??

Many Thanks :)

pammyy

Feb 18, 2015
Hello Yam Power or anyone who is able to help.

Can someone please give a true example on when they were given an invitation to apply? I got an email this evening at 10:46pm saying my application has been updated and i quickly signed on and saw nothing. I hope I'm not being paranoid.
Again please an example of the wordings you received to apply. Thank you :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sharma1990 said:
Hello friend,

i have some question,actually i am going to apply soon,so collecting all my documents,i just want to know do they ask for pay stubs too,i have some missing stubs,so if they do ask for stubs, i can talk with my employer to arrange missing stubs for me,and i am on LIMA so what more documents i need from my employer and do i have to show funds , because someone told me that i don't have to show fund if i have a arranged employment letter or i am currently working in canada, IS THAT TRUE.??????

Thanks in advance....
",i just want to know do they ask for pay stubs too,i have some missing stubs,so if they do ask for stubs, i can talk with my employer to arrange missing stubs for me..."

Yes, it is advisable to have all your pay stubs with you. Please talk to your employer.

"and i am on LIMA so what more documents i need from my employer and do i have to show funds , because someone told me that i don't have to show fund if i have a arranged employment letter "

If you have a job that is backed by a POSITIVE LMIA, then you DO NOT need to show Proof of Funds. You need to provide CIC the valid job offer letter that was given to you by the employer.

Hope that helped.

Thanks,

Raj

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
",i just want to know do they ask for pay stubs too,i have some missing stubs,so if they do ask for stubs, i can talk with my employer to arrange missing stubs for me..."

Yes, it is advisable to have all your pay stubs with you. Please talk to your employer.

"and i am on LIMA so what more documents i need from my employer and do i have to show funds , because someone told me that i don't have to show fund if i have a arranged employment letter "

If you have a job that is backed by a POSITIVE LMIA, then you DO NOT need to show Proof of Funds. You need to provide CIC the valid job offer letter that was given to you by the employer.

yes thanks alot its really helpful and yes i do have valid LIMA and offer letter ..thanks alot.......
Hope that helped.

Thanks,

Raj

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pammyy said:
Hello Yam Power or anyone who is able to help.

Can someone please give a true example on when they were given an invitation to apply? I got an email this evening at 10:46pm saying my application has been updated and i quickly signed on and saw nothing. I hope I'm not being paranoid.
Again please an example of the wordings you received to apply. Thank you :)
That was just a random mail - a lot of people have reported getting those in the past week and it means nothing. Probably a system glitch.

An ITA mail will come within 24 hours from a draw provided your CRS score is more than the draw cutoff. Simultaneously, you will also see changes to your MyCIC account where a new section gets created and you'll have to work on that section, upload documents, pay fees and submit.

Hope that helps.

bubbybub

Jul 8, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hi Experts,

My Express Entry profile is for FSW NOC 2171 Systems Analyst. Suppose I have a valid job offer with positive LMIA for a different occupation, for example: Accountant/Accounting Clerk, would it matter/impact the decision of the CIC to grant and further process ITA?

In short, would it matter if the NOC applied is different from the job offer/LMIA?

Thank you a LOT!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bubbybub said:
Hi Experts,

My Express Entry profile is for FSW NOC 2171 Systems Analyst. Suppose I have a valid job offer with positive LMIA for a different occupation, for example: Accountant/Accounting Clerk, would it matter/impact the decision of the CIC to grant and further process ITA?

In short, would it matter if the NOC applied is different from the job offer/LMIA?

Thank you a LOT!
2 problems with this and doing something like this possibly borders on misrepresentation so be careful while attempting this.

1. Getting an LMIA approval on a job for a NOC which you are not qualified for (or experienced in) is probably not going to happen in the first place because the system has checks and balances to prevent such misuse. However, if you are qualified and experienced in multiple NOCs (rare but possible) then there shouldn't be a problem in securing such an offer.

2. Even if you get the LMIA for a job offer under a particular NOC, the onus is still on you to prove to CIC that you have worked full-time for at least 1 year in the previous 10 years on that NOC. If you can't prove that conclusively, your ITA can be cancelled.

bubbybub

Jul 8, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Asivad Anac said:
2 problems with this and doing something like this possibly borders on misrepresentation so be careful while attempting this.

1. Getting an LMIA approval on a job for a NOC which you are not qualified for (or experienced in) is probably not going to happen in the first place because the system has checks and balances to prevent such misuse. However, if you are qualified and experienced in multiple NOCs (rare but possible) then there shouldn't be a problem in securing such an offer.

2. Even if you get the LMIA for a job offer under a particular NOC, the onus is still on you to prove to CIC that you have worked full-time for at least 1 year in the previous 10 years on that NOC. If you can't prove that conclusively, your ITA can be cancelled.

Thank you, Asivad Anac!

For the last 10 years, my work history fell into 3 NOC categories. 2171 (Systems Analyst) for 7 years, 1112 (Finance Analyst) for 2 years and 1111 (External Auditor) for 1 year. The latest /current and obviously the longest is NOC 2171 so I applied for it because I can maximize the points. My education/degree is BS in Accountancy and I am a Certified Public Accountant (in the Philippines). If ever I get a job offer for Accounting/Finance category (which is different from the NOC which I applied in EE), I can support that with a Reference Letter.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bubbybub said:
Thank you, Asivad Anac!

For the last 10 years, my work history fell into 3 NOC categories. 2171 (Systems Analyst) for 7 years, 1112 (Finance Analyst) for 2 years and 1111 (External Auditor) for 1 year. The latest /current and obviously the longest is NOC 2171 so I applied for it because I can maximize the points. My education/degree is BS in Accountancy and I am a Certified Public Accountant (in the Philippines). If ever I get a job offer for Accounting/Finance category (which is different from the NOC which I applied in EE), I can support that with a Reference Letter.
I'm not entirely sure but there could be a requirement to have your primary NOC in MyCIC match with the NOC for which you'll get an LMIA positive job offer and 600 additional points. Just a minor detail to take care of at your end.

As long as you can prove beyond doubt that you are qualified and have worked in a particular NOC for at least 1 year during the past 10 years, I think you're just fine.

All the best!

akshayaki123

Jun 2, 2015
Hi DoubleS,

Regarding the second answer about ECA process, I have seen that my wife's qualification would be helpful.
But I want to understand that if she is the secondary applicant in my case, would I need to get her ECA done separately or can I send documents for both of us to WES under a single application.
I am not clear with that process.

From my understanding I need to have ECA done and attain valid IELTS score to create Express Entry Profile.

I learned from my network there is a fixed number of pools decided by Canadian Govt under this program.
Do you know how many polls are there in total and which is the ongoing at this point in time?

If am planning to create my profile starting September, would it be too late?
I am having a hard time to get a date for my IELTS exam in India :)

Lastly, if my wife becomes the primary applicant in my case , will I be allowed to travel to Canada first in case I get the PR.
Because my idea was that if I dont get a job from India, I will travel to Canada and search a job before calling my wife to Canada.

Please suggest.