+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

attituderohit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hello All,

I am new here (joined today) and have some doubts about NOC.

I have a total work experience of 10 years and latest 5 are in same job (Inter-company transfer from India to US and currently working in US). I will be getting more then 450 points where i think around 415 is required to get ITA. I will try to be specific as much as I can to get clear answers. Any help is appreciated.

1. How many years of work experience do I need to show in my profile ?
a) If I am showing complete 10 years of experience, do I need to get NOC from each employer for each profile I had in past ?
b) I am getting a reference letter from my company stating my DOJ , designation, full time employee and other required details. BUT they clearly told me that the roles and responsibilities can not be given as these are internal. (this is for all Indian employers for me)
c) Is there a way around for this NOC as I was told that I can submit all others documents like offer letter, pay slips, promotion letter etc from my company and my supervisor can mention my roles /responsibilities on a paper to get them notarized later. Will this work ?

Thank you
Rohit

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am new here (joined today) and have some doubts about NOC.

I have a total work experience of 10 years and latest 5 are in same job (Inter-company transfer from India to US and currently working in US). I will be getting more then 450 points where i think around 415 is required to get ITA. I will try to be specific as much as I can to get clear answers. Any help is appreciated.

1. How many years of work experience do I need to show in my profile ?
a) If I am showing complete 10 years of experience, do I need to get NOC from each employer for each profile I had in past ?
b) I am getting a reference letter from my company stating my DOJ , designation, full time employee and other required details. BUT they clearly told me that the roles and responsibilities can not be given as these are internal. (this is for all Indian employers for me)
c) Is there a way around for this NOC as I was told that I can submit all others documents like offer letter, pay slips, promotion letter etc from my company and my supervisor can mention my roles /responsibilities on a paper to get them notarized later. Will this work ?

Thank you
Rohit
1 - You would get maximum CRS points for 3 years of foreign work experience, for eligibility purposes (FSW program) you can claim up to 6 years of work experience to help you be eligible under such program.
a - The document checklist would generate placeholders for all work experience mentioned.
b - cool
c - Yes, your supervisor can mention such duties in plain paper, if possible add his business card and notarize this document. It will work.

attituderohit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
1 - You would get maximum CRS points for 3 years of foreign work experience, for eligibility purposes (FSW program) you can claim up to 6 years of work experience to help you be eligible under such program.
a - The document checklist would generate placeholders for all work experience mentioned.
b - cool
c - Yes, your supervisor can mention such duties in plain paper, if possible add his business card and notarize this document. It will work.
Thanks for your fast reply and I really appreciate it !

Could you please help me to understand that if i am getting points only for 3 years or work experience, then what is the benefit of showing rest years of experience ? It will just attract more documentation from previous employers which I do not have at present (I have all docs but not NOC).

So, is it not a better option to just show 3 years of experience in my profile (i believe that i will still be eligible because of 470 points) and then show the rest experience in personal details.

My intention is to reduce the paper work from previous employers as much as I can.

Thanks again !

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your fast reply and I really appreciate it !

Could you please help me to understand that if i am getting points only for 3 years or work experience, then what is the benefit of showing rest years of experience ? It will just attract more documentation from previous employers which I do not have at present (I have all docs but not NOC).

So, is it not a better option to just show 3 years of experience in my profile (i believe that i will still be eligible because of 470 points) and then show the rest experience in personal details.

My intention is to reduce the paper work from previous employers as much as I can.

Thanks again !
CRS score wise there is absolute no benefit.

Your CRS score does not determine whether you're eligible or not though - google six selection factors FSW and calculate your score, if you're above 67 points with 3 years of work experience then you do not have to mention the rest.

So yes, if you're eligible you can mention the rest in the personal history section.

Naveen2002k

Jun 21, 2017
Hello everyone ,

Wes report says
bachelor degree = bachelor degree 4 years
Master of arts = post graduate diploma 1 year

The question is here in the education section while calculating or in profile what should i choose ? as there is no option like post graduate diploma.i understood master degree is not equal to canadian masters degree.

God bless all

attituderohit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
CRS score wise there is absolute no benefit.

Your CRS score does not determine whether you're eligible or not though - google six selection factors FSW and calculate your score, if you're above 67 points with 3 years of work experience then you do not have to mention the rest.

So yes, if you're eligible you can mention the rest in the personal history section.
Thanks,

To be Honest, I was not even aware of this score system and I was using just the comprehensive tool to get my score like 470.

But I just used this score system and I am getting total score of 77 if I use only 4-5 years of Experience (which is from Current Employer)

Now, are these both different things ? (Comprehensive Ranking system and six selection factors )

Also, a case with 80 points is better then that of a case with 70 points?

please excuse me to ask many questions and I have just collected all my documents which were told by a friend and haven't even started making my profile online. And once again thanks for reverting in such a professional manner .. ;p

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks,

To be Honest, I was not even aware of this score system and I was using just the comprehensive tool to get my score like 470.

But I just used this score system and I am getting total score of 77 if I use only 4-5 years of Experience (which is from Current Employer)

Now, are these both different things ? (Comprehensive Ranking system and six selection factors )

Also, a case with 80 points is better then that of a case with 70 points?

please excuse me to ask many questions and I have just collected all my documents which were told by a friend and haven't even started making my profile online. And once again thanks for reverting in such a professional manner .. ;p
Yes, one determines your eligibility, if you don't meet the required 67 points you wouldn't be able to have an active profile.

Your CRS determines your chances of receiving an ITA.

A case with 80 points is not better than one with 70, it is simply a matter of being eligible and being ineligible.

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Hello Guys.

An urgent question. I do want to submit my e-APR but I have noticed there is no place to attach a letter of explanation to the application. Can somebody advise what can I do? Thanks.

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
Hi, Will CIC count work experience of 1st March 2011 to 2 February 2015 as four years or as 3years, 11 month and 2 days... please advise.

sidhusukhdev123

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi..i have done my post graduation i.e. MBA from gyan vihar university approved by UGC... in WES..it will be categorized into university level education or professional education??

Thnks in advance

Reactions: Rajaya

avijeet.singh

Jun 22, 2017
hi,
i have a question regarding the points that i will get if i have a sibling in canada.
My sister got married last year and has a canadian PR. so im assuming i will get points for that, but my question is that she isnt employed will that affect my points? and what do i have to show to prove she has a canadian pr?

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Can someone create a profile with this IELTS score L5.5, R6.5, W6, S6.5
And having masters degree with three years of experience.

Explorer18

May 21, 2017
Hi All,
I am completing my ITA and got stuck with Education Degree. I have 4 year bachelor's degree and 18 months PGDBM. I am searching for option of two or more degrees in drop down but not getting that option at all. Any idea if I missing to fill something because of which I am not getting that option? Please guide me on how I can get this option or fill my details for both degrees.
Thanks