+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
nishadmakol said:
Hello Seniors,

I need your guidance while my preparation for the post ITA processes. Apologies for putting up too many questions.

1. My wife’s name before marriage was Ankita and after marriage she has added my surname into her name.
Before marriage, there was no Surname, literally Last Name was blank after her first name in all the documents.
Now in the application, they ask for another name before marriage. In the option field "another name before marriage", the field says that you can only add either name or space, apostrophes or hyphens. I am unable to save and proceed with a blank. It is not even allowing only hyphen or apostrophe. A: Try adding space or . and get a 'one and the same person' affidavit.

2. How much money do I need to bring to Canada? I have mentioned 15,500 CAD that is close to the figure mentioned in the application for the couple. Is it fine or do I need to show even more? I have maintained this money in my NRI account to show them as a proof. A: That is PoF and not about bringing money to Canada. You can bring any amount but if its more than 10k you need to declare it.

3. In the application, they are asking for all the family members. My father passed away many years back. Do I need to give the death certificate also in the later placeholder round, when I would have to upload the documents? Worrying factor is it is in Punjabi language and I don't know if they accept only English. A: Yes, they accept only english. But his Death certificate may not be required, just write an LoE and if they ask for his death certificate, then you can send them a translated one.

4. For mother's name, the middle name has a different spelling in mine and her passport. Will it have any impact in the family section? A: May not. Attach her passport if required with an LoE why you are doing so.

5. Where do you plan to shift, does it have any impact on the application if we give any city ? A: Yes, especially if you are a provincial nominated applicant, else no.

Would appreciate your guidance on the above.

Thanks
Nishad

nishadmakol

Nov 1, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
1. My wife’s name before marriage was Ankita and after marriage she has added my surname into her name.
Before marriage, there was no Surname, literally Last Name was blank after her first name in all the documents.
Now in the application, they ask for another name before marriage. In the option field "another name before marriage", the field says that you can only add either name or space, apostrophes or hyphens. I am unable to save and proceed with a blank. It is not even allowing only hyphen or apostrophe. A: Try adding space or . and get a 'one and the same person' affidavit.
Thank you so much for the quick and apt reply, certainly shows the strong expertise on the subject.
But for the first question, I tried adding space and full stop, sadly it doesn't work. I don't know how to proceed. Either I write NA or re-enter the same First name and then explain in the LOE. Anyways, as you advised i will get the "one and the same person" affidavit.

Any further thoughts you will like to add?

Thanks
Nishad

kiki123

Nov 27, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question.

I worked for a company from june2015-march2016 and started work with another company march 2016 till present, same job duties Administration.

for my express entry I put that I have one year Canadian express but its two differently companies. Is it going to affect me when I put in my application? I got my ITA already. Should I wait till March before I put in my PR application?

PS: I have other experience in retail but I guess those don't count.

aopu

Mar 8, 2016
Hi Friends,

Have received my ITA and was completing the applications form. My wife is the primary applicant in our application. While completing the form we came across a question where in we have to mention our address of residence for the past 10 years. Now she has traveled to USA to meet her sister for 4 months under B1/B2 visa. And also we went to Mauritius for our honeymoon. So should we mention all these places in the address completion details.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
aopu said:
Hi Friends,

Have received my ITA and was completing the applications form. My wife is the primary applicant in our application. While completing the form we came across a question where in we have to mention our address of residence for the past 10 years. Now she has traveled to USA to meet her sister for 4 months under B1/B2 visa. And also we went to Mauritius for our honeymoon. So should we mention all these places in the address completion details.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Hello,

Address history is only concerned with fixed/home addresses not lodges, hotels and places you visited.
You can add her trips to your travel history.

All the best.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
SherazAhmed said:
hi all..

I need an urgent advice from the experts out there. It is related to my PCC
i got ITA on 11th jan and soon going to submit my application..
From the last 4 months i am in Dubai as a resident but basically i am from pakistan and will soon go back to pakistan. i went to pak in january and got pcc for pak on 30th jan. i exited pak on 8th feb and came back to dubai. so my pcc states the date 30th jan but my exit stamp shows i was upto 8th feb in pakistan. so is it ok or do i need to get a new pcc for date after 8th feb?
i have been doing a job in dubai from the last 3 months but have resigned already and will go back next month.

kindly provide me with an expert advice...
I think this depends on which country you will be applying from. If you are still living in Dubai at the time of you application you will need to get PCC dated after 8 Feb. However, if you are living in Pakistan, you can use your current PCC.

Note - If you have been in Dubai for more than 6 months (cumulatively) you will also need a PCC from there.

All the best

aopu

Mar 8, 2016
Hi,

Have a small query for the experience certificate. As my wife is the primary applicant and I'm the second applicant. While we finished filling the form now we are under the page workers we have to upload all the docs.
So the application is asking for all the experience certificate for the primary applicant but only one tab for my experi nice certificate. The query is while creating the profile my role have changed so should I submit the experience certificate as per my current job profile or as per the noc code I have submitted.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

aopu

Mar 8, 2016
TanakaM said:
Hello,

Address history is only concerned with fixed/home addresses not lodges, hotels and places you visited.
You can add her trips to your travel history.

All the best.
Thanks !!! ☺

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Dear all

I have some questions regarding post ITA forms :

1 In personal history section they say choose one government , employment, unemployed, military my wife is primary applicant and government teacher in government Senior secondary school so what I have to choose government or employment.

2. They ask for in the last of personal history forms does ABC listed all military organization or any other organizations he or she is the part of ? What I have to choose yes , no or not applicable.

3.My wife is primary applicant and when I created ee profile I said no to my work history because I don't have any work experience in Canada so no point s, so after ITA do I have to attach LOE because I put my work experience in personal history not work history.

4. I have travel history for Australia and UK in transit to Australia I stayed in Thailand for 12 hours in transit I have stamp of Thailand and intransit to India from UK I came via srilanka and I stayed there in srilanka for 12 hours intrasit and got stamped of that too on my passport do I have to mention that too in travel history?

5. Do I have to upload only current passport with no visas or stamps on it or both the previous passport as well because I have travel history stamps on my previous passport.

Looking forward for an early reply.

Many thanks in advance.

Gary

McThal

Jun 20, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3 May 2017
AOR Received.
3 May 2017
Med's Done....
03 March 2017
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA under the FSW category. I'm having a dilema with my EE application for 2 reasons:
1. I do not intend to nominate the representative I originally indicated in my EE Profile for my EE post ITA application. Do I have to submit any forms for this?

2. I recently got accpeted to a new job before I received my ITA. its a bit awkward to request for a cert of employment becaise my start date with the new company is tomorrow, 20 Feb. Do I still need to declare this new employment and submit a COE?

Thanks a lot for the help!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
McThal said:
Hello everyone,

I received an ITA under the FSW category. I'm having a dilema with my EE application for 2 reasons:
1. I do not intend to nominate the representative I originally indicated in my EE Profile for my EE post ITA application. Do I have to submit any forms for this?

2. I recently got accpeted to a new job before I received my ITA. its a bit awkward to request for a cert of employment becaise my start date with the new company is tomorrow, 20 Feb. Do I still need to declare this new employment and submit a COE?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Hi,
1)no forms are needed, they just want to know if you are doing it yourself or through a rep.
2)You don't need a Reference letter if you are not claiming points for it. So get letters from previous employers and add new job to your personal history.

All the best

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Sorry for asking again.But I have submitted my papers for ECA on 22nd December. Still they are in initial review step?Should I be worried?

Does it always takes so much time?

Please be informed I have two degrees of two different countries.

Regards
Lifehack

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
Weird scenairio!

I am doing two jobs! I am claiming points for only one, and I am about to start my 3rd job for which I wouldn't be claiming points aswell.

Do I need reference letter from my other two jobs - that I am not claiming points for? Also, is it important to even mention these jobs in personal history?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Escobar Gaviria said:
Weird scenairio!

I am doing two jobs! I am claiming points for only one, and I am about to start my 3rd job for which I wouldn't be claiming points aswell.

Do I need reference letter from my other two jobs - that I am not claiming points for? A:No.
Also, is it important to even mention these jobs in personal history? A:Yes
It's a very normal scenario.

Torque

Jan 13, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi

I have a query regarding personal history. Although, silly, would appreciate if anybody could guide. :D

My spouse finished her study in June 2014, which is the date mentioned in Transcript and certificate. However, she got married in Jan 2014, which date is mentioned in the marriage certificate.

Now, he personal history section, how should i fill it?

option a) student till June 14 and house wife from July 2014 onwards,

or

Option b) student till June 2014 and housewife from Jan 2014-onwards. there will be a date overlap. System also accepts this overlap, so, i guess its okay. this is more logical. this is the correct approach to follow, right?? or should we avoid overlap???

Regards