+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Jan 26, 2017
Hi Yam,

Thank you for the post. After No. 5, do we have to submit EOI (Expression Of Interest) to each Provincial to get ITA or just wait for it since we already have EE account?

More power.

Raj2404

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For spouse education – in spite of having 2 degrees (both more than 3 years) + 1 year diploma certificate (evaluated by WES / ECA), EE profile only awarding 8 points, instead of 9. Don’t know why…. Tried removing educational details and insert it again…. Anyone had the same issue before? Or Can anyone advise what needs to be done for this???

ravi4091

Jan 23, 2017
Hello Friends,

I wish to apply for the Express entry and would appreciate if someone could please address the below mentioned queries,

1.I would like to know if my work experience would be counted under 3 or more years in the comprehensive ranking system.

2. In my case, as I have worked in a company for a short span of 5 months, which comes under a different NOC code, I would like to know if this experience would be counted in the comprehensive ranking system? If not then should I mention this experience in my profile?

3. Would a gap of 6 months, cause any problem while showing the work experience for the last 10 years in CRS??

4. As I have majority of experience in NOC A,I would like to know if my experience would be counted for 3 years if its combined in 2 different NOC codes namely 4163, 0124 respectively.

Kindly refer to my below mentioned work exp.

My work Experience:
Organisation 1: Sales support Executive. Duration: 5 months: NOC :B(6221)
Organisation 2: Business Development Exe. Duration: 17 months: NOC: A(4163)
Gap of 6 months.(Searching for a job in digital Marketing)
organisation 3: Digital Marketing Executive. Duration: 19 months: NOC: A(0124)

Would greatly appreciate if someone could kindly address this issue.

regards,

Ravi Verma,

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Hi All,

Under Immigration History Citizenships, there's a question that asks, "Has Mr. ABC applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?".

I applied for a student visa more than 10 years ago and so answered yes to the above question. Is this correct or should I say no in case above question is only concerned with people who intended to immigrate to Canada rather than to visit it.

As usual thanks in advance!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkhan15 said:
Hi All,

Under Immigration History Citizenships, there's a question that asks, "Has Mr. ABC applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?".

I applied for a student visa more than 10 years ago and so answered yes to the above question. Is this correct or should I say no in case above question is only concerned with people who intended to immigrate to Canada rather than to visit it.

As usual thanks in advance!!
That's correct.

Vidya170584

Jan 23, 2017
Hello Stanlee and other seniors,

I'm in my final stage of completion of my eAPR, just left with uploading of employment record from my past employer. I have work experience from one employer only ( of 4 year and 8 months) served 2 different roles (reference letter stated clearly: "her duties were same from the date she began to the date she resigned") that's how got 13 points there and got a Provincial Nomination. (IELTS-21 , AGE-12 , Education-21 , Experience-13 )= 67

my query is:

will reference letter alone would do, or do I need to merge other docs viz. offer letter, confirmation letter, change of role, relieving cum exp letter, form -16 n Income tax returns along with the employer reference lefter..Looking at my role change letter CIC should not start deep scrutinizing and in case I fall short on experience points', this downfall from 13 points to 9 points can be disastrous.

I don't want to complicate things by giving too much info as I qualify for only 67 points as per the grid, and i freak out thinking of any short fall in points which is possible only in work experience if CIC does not get convinced somewhere..

Any thoughts please..
Thanks in advance!
Best
Vidya

Vidya170584

Jan 23, 2017
Hello Stanlee and other seniors,

I'm in my final stage of completion of my eAPR, just left with uploading of employment record from my past employer. I have work experience from one employer only ( of 4 year and 8 months) served 2 different roles (reference letter stated clearly: "her duties were same from the date she began to the date she resigned") that's how got 13 points there and got a Provincial Nomination. (IELTS-21 , AGE-12 , Education-21 , Experience-13 )= 67

my query is:

will reference letter alone would do, or do I need to merge other docs viz. offer letter, confirmation letter, change of role, relieving cum exp letter, form -16 n Income tax returns along with the employer reference lefter..Looking at my role change letter CIC should not start deep scrutinizing and in case I fall short on experience points' downfall from 13 to 9 can be disastrous.

I don't want to complicate things by giving too much info as I qualify for only 67 points as per the grid, and i freak out thinking of any short fall in points which is possible only in work experience if CIC does not get convinced somewhere..

Any thoughts please..
Thanks in advance!
Best
Vidya

Blowtouch

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
TanakaM said:
I haven't started the process but it seems pretty straight forward. use the acro site

"What you will need

1. Proofs of your current address - You must upload TWO different proofs of address which clearly show your name and address, and one must be dated within the last six months. Valid proofs of address include bank statements, utility bills or phone bills. You can also provide letters from your doctor, dentist, school or college if they are signed and dated on company headed paper.

2. A recent passport style colour photograph - You must upload one recent passport style photograph that clearly identifies you (the applicant). This photograph will be included on your Police Certificate. Your photograph should meet the same standards required for a UK passport (approximately 45mm x 35mm). To view guidance on acceptable photographs, please click here.

3. Copies of your passport(s) / travel document / official photographic identity document - You must upload copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable). Copies of other official photographic identity documents should show as many of these features as possible.

4. Copies of any necessary legal documents e.g. Power of Attorney, authorisation document, signed letter of authority etc (if applicable).

5. Provide a valid email address

6. Provide your address history - You must provide your address history for the last 10 years, including the dates you lived at the addresses. If you have lived outside of the UK for more than 10 years you will also be asked to provide your last UK address.

7. Provide endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.

PLEASE NOTE: The documents you upload must be no more than 2MB in size and in JPG, GIF, TIF or PDF file format. Passport style colour photographs must be in JPG, GIF or TIF only. Please note that if we cannot read your documents due to low image quality then your application may be delayed.

Completing the form

Once you start the application you will not be able to save it and return to it later on. If you exit or you don’t move forwards or backwards for 60 minutes your data will be deleted.

Third party applications

We can only supply personal data to the individual to whom it relates. If you are making an application on behalf of someone else (known as a 'third party application') you will need to provide a signed letter of authorisation from the person whose data is being requested, plus proofs of identity that show the true applicant's signature. Valid proofs include a passport, driving licence or identity card. You must have scanned copies of these documents saved to your computer or device.

Payment

There are two service options available for your Police Certificate:

Standard service - £45.00 (10 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)
Premium service - £80.00 (2 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch) "
Thanks Tanakm, receive your first +1. Please send the link if you find it.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
vaibhav007us said:
Hi, could anyone help me a format of reference letter from employer?
Hi,
Check out this link. I think its a great format.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Blowtouch said:
Thanks Tanakm, receive your first +1. Please send the link if you find it.
Hi,

Thank you for the +1.

here's the link below:

www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx

Shrey_Can

Mar 14, 2016
Hello Friends,

I have a query regarding the marital status change that i’ll be coming across in couple of months time. I would be really grateful if anyone can help answer my question since I’m searching for an answer since long time.

I received my ITA in October 2016 (CRS score 475) and have uploaded all the necessary documents. Now i am waiting for my PPR. I’m getting married in May 2017 and would like to understand the impact my marital status change can have in below 2 cases

1. if i receive PPR before the marriage
2. if i receive PPR after the marriage

I read online that the immigration reassess your profile in case your marital status changes.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shrey_Can said:
Hello Friends,

I have a query regarding the marital status change that i’ll be coming across in couple of months time. I would be really grateful if anyone can help answer my question since I’m searching for an answer since long time.

I received my ITA in October 2016 (CRS score 475) and have uploaded all the necessary documents. Now i am waiting for my PPR. I’m getting married in May 2017 and would like to understand the impact my marital status change can have in below 2 cases

1. if i receive PPR before the marriage
2. if i receive PPR after the marriage

I read online that the immigration reassess your profile in case your marital status changes.
If your application is still during processing after you're married then you can submit a CSE and add your spouse to your application. There won't be a recalculation of your points and she will only need medicals/PCC/passport and marriage certificate.

If you're already a permanent resident before marrying then my guess is that you would have to sponsor your spouse (which can take 12 months).

saroj83

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Hello Guys

Do i need to mention the transit I made during my travel abroad in Travel History section of ITA? That is so cumbersome and confusing at the same time.

Thanking you in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saroj83 said:
Hello Guys

Do i need to mention the transit I made during my travel abroad in Travel History section of ITA? That is so cumbersome and confusing at the same time.

Thanking you in advance.
Not required.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
If my education is outside India and i have got ECA done, post ITA do i need to submit copies of transcripts etc again or just ECA report is sufficient? Any other documents also need to be submitted for education history?