+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Has anyone recently submitted RCMP? Is there any progress after that? We submitted RCMP on 12th Oct and status is still same PROVIDED..

faith99

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
hello... i have 1 question after getting the invitation for express entry. When we put the documents do i need to put LMIA APPROVAL LETTER AND A COPY OF WORK PERMIT... OR ELSE I CAN PUT ANY ONE OF THESE THING ? PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.. I'LL APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

I have following queries while filling EE form.

> Which Provinces or Territories would XYZ consider living in?

Query: Do I give all or select a few? How does it matter to them?

>Date XYZ first became qualified to practice in this occupation (primary occupation)

Query: Below are my details

Primary NOC I am applying under: 2171 (Business Analyst)
I completed Engineering in Electronics in 2008, then 31 months in IT under 2174 (Systems Engineer)
I completed MBA in 2014, then 29 months in IT under 2171 (Business Analyst)

Please advise what should I give date on which I first became qualified to practice 2171

For 2171, the qualifications required as shown on CIC website are below

"A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers"

Awaiting the expert responses. This is very urgent plzz help.

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kashjuni said:
Hi Seniors,

You can either choose all provinces or you can choose specific provinces. Some provinces like Ontario will not send you a PT NOI if you haven't checked either Ontario or All provinces.

>Date XYZ first became qualified to practice in this occupation (primary occupation)

I completed Engineering in Electronics in 2008, then 31 months in IT under 2174 (Systems Engineer)

Please advise what should I give date on which I first became qualified to practice 2171

"A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers"

In this specific case, you can mention the date you completed your Bachelor's degree.

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
faith99 said:
hello... i have 1 question after getting the invitation for express entry. When we put the documents do i need to put LMIA APPROVAL LETTER AND A COPY OF WORK PERMIT... OR ELSE I CAN PUT ANY ONE OF THESE THING ? PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP.. I'LL APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER
Your post gives no information about your background. Tell us which stream you have applied under, whether you claimed points for a LMIA based job offer etc.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
You don't have to list trips from your country of origin to your country of residence and vice-versa

Cheers ;)
salkhan said:
Okay so I should just pick the "No" travel history in the application? Even the first trip to Canada doesn't count?

Also it says "and if application, JohnDoe's family members".... my family members are not part on my application so I don't have to provide their travel history (or in other words, not applicable)?

Did it get that all correctly ?

Thanks for the help :)
This is the instruction on the e-APR. If you have lived in 2 different in the past 10 years, then I would definitely suggest mentioning the trips between these 2 countries.

Provide details of any trips XX has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
You can tell us about each trip by filling in the fields below.
Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each trip will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add another trip.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change a trip that you have already saved to the list.
Has XX , and if applicable, XX's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
I would mention ANY international travel in the past 10 years irrespective of the reason/country of travel. This is only my opinion.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Hi Seniors,

You can either choose all provinces or you can choose specific provinces. Some provinces like Ontario will not send you a PT NOI if you haven't checked either Ontario or All provinces.

or

In this specific case, you can mention the date you completed your Bachelor's degree.

Thanks.
Hi Raj, Thanks for your response.

In the 2nd question you answered, does it mean that if i select as date of eligibility for 2171 as 2014, then my 31 months of experience between 2008 and 2011 will not be counted by CIC? Just asking. I have anyways entered in my profile as you said.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kashjuni said:
Hi Raj, Thanks for your response.

In the 2nd question you answered, does it mean that if i select as date of eligibility for 2171 as 2014, then my 31 months of experience between 2008 and 2011 will not be counted by CIC? Just asking. I have anyways entered in my profile as you said.
I haven't experimented with it nor I have seen cases to conclusively say "Yes" but logically thinking, that would be the likely outcome.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
This is the instruction on the e-APR. If you have lived in 2 different in the past 10 years, then I would definitely suggest mentioning the trips between these 2 countries.

I would mention ANY international travel in the past 10 years irrespective of the reason/country of travel. This is only my opinion.
This has been discussed intensively in this forum. Like I said, no need to disclose travels from country of origin to country of residence and vice-versa.

Cheers

NaijaBigMond

Oct 25, 2016
Greeting to all you Seniors!

Please help!! Is there any group that I can join to get Alert/info of opening PNPs?

Am interested in 1. Sask PNP-EE or OID. 2 NB PNP, 3. PEI-PNP & 4. NS-PNP.

How do I get alerts of PNP openings, please. I've been beside the pool for too long missing the spirits time to stir the PNP waters. Be my Jesus-sent angel! Help me great benevolent and magnanimous Admins. Include my number there...+234-8054505467 and +234-8051874304.

Thx

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
rajkamalmohanram said:

Thank you for your input. I was also thinking the same before I posted the question here, i-e mention all travel I have done in past 10 years and let CIC figure out what they consider and what not ? because otherwise I don't have any travel history to show I take out trips to home and Canada.

I changed it to "no" yesterday but now I am thinking should I put in all the info back (cuz I haven't submitted the application yet).

Or a No with LOE as Delpiero07 Suggested

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Another question,

I am completing the final section of the APR, the Personal History section and in it, the Statutory Questions.

Q1- Has John Doe you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I answered "Yes", since I had a family visit visa application to Canada refused in 1999 and got student visa application refused for USA in 2010

Then the next question,

Q2- Has John Doe ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Could seniors suggest, what is the difference between the two question, in terms of applicability in my case, since I have had a visit and study visa to Canada and USA refused in the past respectively?

Should I answer "YES" to both?

Thanks and I appreciate your help :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
This has been discussed intensively in this forum. Like I said, no need to disclose travels from country of origin to country of residence and vice-versa.

Cheers
Are there any links that you can provide where I can see this extensive discussion, please?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
salkhan said:
Another question,

I am completing the final section of the APR, the Personal History section and in it, the Statutory Questions.

Q1- Has John Doe you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I answered "Yes", since I had a family visit visa application to Canada refused in 1999 and got student visa application refused for USA in 2010

Then the next question,

Q2- Has John Doe ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Could seniors suggest, what is the difference between the two question, in terms of applicability in my case, since I have had a visit and study visa to Canada and USA refused in the past respectively?

Should I answer "YES" to both?

Thanks and I appreciate your help :)
IMO, you can answer "Yes" to both questions and provide a LOE with all the details of the visa refusal.

Both questions are almost the same and both of them deal with visa refusals/rejections. However, the second question additionally deals with being deported, removed from a country where the first question doesn't. Since your visa(s) was/were refused, you gotta answer "Yes" to both and provide a LOE to explain the same.

Good luck!