+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

aaruhani

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my PPR email. :)

But I have few questions about sending my passport from USA to OTTAWA.

1) What should I use for return envelope? Which carrier? I went to USPS but they said they cannot give the return envelope as its coming from CANADA.
2) Can I use fedex or UPS or anything else?

Please advice.

sagheero

Dec 8, 2015
This is by far the most comprehensive forum on Canada PR. Thanks a lot guys for all your inputs. I have just started my PR process. I am in India and my IELTS are in mid Feb. My question was - should I simultaneously start the process of getting my experience letters from all companies? What would be the next process?

Also, since right now I am in between jobs I got a couple of months spare time. I was thinking, should I visit Dubai on a visit visa, get a job there and continue my PR process or is that just too much of a hassle and waste of money?

Appreciate your replies

Thanks!

ravs77

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
need clarity with demand draft (is form 15CA/CB mandatory?)

Its been 30 days , I received nomination (PT)
Application and all documents are ready besides Demand Draft. I went to bank yesterday and surprised to hear that they need Form 15CA and Form 15CB. I thought it will easy to get DD like we usually do but this one looks cumbersome.

Anyone else have received such request ? Does your bank also asked for it ?
Do you suggest any bank who does not ask a Form 15CA/Form 15CB from a Chartered Accountant

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Re: need clarity with demand draft (is form 15CA/CB mandatory?)

ravs77 said:
Its been 30 days , I received nomination (PT)
Application and all documents are ready besides Demand Draft. I went to bank yesterday and surprised to hear that they need Form 15CA and Form 15CB. I thought it will easy to get DD like we usually do but this one looks cumbersome.

Anyone else have received such request ? Does your bank also asked for it ?
Do you suggest any bank who does not ask a Form 15CA/Form 15CB from a Chartered Accountant
DD requirements are different from country to country and some time banks to bank.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
sagheero said:
This is by far the most comprehensive forum on Canada PR. Thanks a lot guys for all your inputs. I have just started my PR process. I am in India and my IELTS are in mid Feb. My question was - should I simultaneously start the process of getting my experience letters from all companies? What would be the next process?

Also, since right now I am in between jobs I got a couple of months spare time. I was thinking, should I visit Dubai on a visit visa, get a job there and continue my PR process or is that just too much of a hassle and waste of money?

Appreciate your replies

Thanks!
regarding experience letters, if u r sure that you will get nomination/acceptance then start otherwise wait.
for the PR process don't stop your routine life, keep it up u can continue your PR process from Dubai as well, if u have chance go ahead.

aaruhani

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I owe a lot to this group. It has helped me throughout my process. I finally got my PPR after almost 6 months. Below is my timeline:

COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: USA

JUL 20 ITA FSW-Outland (454 pts)
JUL 28 AOR
AUG 10 Med Passed
AUG 24 Schedule-A Requested
AUG 26 Schedule-A Submitted
DEC 30 Passport Request Email - PPR

I need help with the following:

1) What should I use for return envelope? Which carrier? I went to USPS but they said they cannot give the return envelope as its coming from CANADA.
2) Can I use fedex or UPS or anything else?

Please help me out.

angel0815

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi, can anyone please enlighten me with the work reference letters required. Do we need to provide for the last 10 yrs? Coz i saw one post stating last 3 yrs only?

gp0504

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Have a question regarding work experience.

My wife was employed full time till April 2014. Then she quit her job and has not been able to find anything since then. We are planning to apply for Canadian PR with her as the primary applicant as she gets more points for her age and also her Master's degree.Overall she has about 13 years of experience. Since you get max points for 3 years of experience, she is eligible for max points in that area as well. However, her gap will be of 2 years in April 2016. Will that make any difference in the points? I had read somewhere that the 3 years of experience counts if its in the last 5 years. Is that true or is teh 3 years criteria valid through the life of an applicant?

elchar

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hi guys.

According to your posts, if I, as main applicant, claim points for my wife´s studies then it´s required to asses them by WES right?

Regards

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
elchar said:
Hi guys.

According to your posts, if I, as main applicant, claim points for my wife´s studies then it´s required to asses them by WES right?

Regards
Yes, if you want to get points for her education, you need an assessment.

Jan 3, 2016
Hi

I applied for the express entry and CRS score is 413 and in order to get the invite I should get at least 450. Ontario provides the provinicial invite for the candidates from express entry pool with 400 score but Ontario express entry is closed till 4th January however I applied on 2nd Jan will this rule me out of their process or they can still consider me ????

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gp0504 said:
Have a question regarding work experience.

My wife was employed full time till April 2014. Then she quit her job and has not been able to find anything since then. We are planning to apply for Canadian PR with her as the primary applicant as she gets more points for her age and also her Master's degree.Overall she has about 13 years of experience. Since you get max points for 3 years of experience, she is eligible for max points in that area as well. However, her gap will be of 2 years in April 2016. Will that make any difference in the points? I had read somewhere that the 3 years of experience counts if its in the last 5 years. Is that true or is teh 3 years criteria valid through the life of an applicant?
For applying to CIC through Express entry, she just need the reference letter with all the details mentioned only for 3 years of work experience and it does not matter when this experience was acquired. I have seen in some of provincial requirements (if you are looking for provincial nomination) (Ex:SINP) where they give more weightage for the recent experience compared to the experience acquired a while ago.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Malik Maverick said:
Hi

I applied for the express entry and CRS score is 413 and in order to get the invite I should get at least 450. Ontario provides the provinicial invite for the candidates from express entry pool with 400 score but Ontario express entry is closed till 4th January however I applied on 2nd Jan will this rule me out of their process or they can still consider me ????
In the next draw if you qualify for invitation then I hope they will consider if no any change is the CRS or rules, and procedure

kornit932ds

Jan 1, 2016
Hi
Can someone guide me on this?:
Is it advisable to apply under "0" NOC codes? if the applicant is self employed in small scale industry sector as a director of the company (10 employees). is the NOC code 0114 advisable to apply?

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

just a quick question, for proof of funds, do i have to provide last 6 mts back statement as well. I have already got a letter from the back which states my account details,balance and FD details and balance.

its on official letter head duly stamped and signed by bank official.... This is required for OPNP