+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

priya_kan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hi all,
I have submitted my docs on Sep 5th after receiving ITA. Still my page says, review in progress for eligibility review and medicals passed. Any idea how long it generally takes for processing each step of the profile?
Thanks very much in advance
Priya

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
priya_kan said:
Hi all,
I have submitted my docs on Sep 5th after receiving ITA. Still my page says, review in progress for eligibility review and medicals passed. Any idea how long it generally takes for processing each step of the profile?
Priya
it depends from case to case. by now bg check should have been started . but we can do nothing except wait. it will be updated soon.

Kinan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Hi guys,

I am planning to register in the EE pool. For that reason, I have been asked to have ECA report.

I am holding master degree, and my question is, Do I need to send the transcript of my Bachelor degree sealed and enveloped exactly like the master transcript directly from my institution?

I tried to call the organizations like WES, but as you know it is holiday and no one is answering the phone.

Thanks

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kinan said:
Hi guys,

I am planning to register in the EE pool. For that reason, I have been asked to have ECA report.

I am holding master degree, and my question is, Do I need to send the transcript of my Bachelor degree sealed and enveloped exactly like the master transcript directly from my institution?

I tried to call the organizations like WES, but as you know it is holiday and no one is answering the phone.

Thanks
If your Masters degree is assessed equivalent to Canadian Masters , then you do not need to asses your bachelor's. If not, then it good to have your Bachelor's assessed as well for claiming points towards Two or more degree.

If you assess your Masters using the WES self assessment tool, then you'll have an idea of how your results might turn out. Than you can act accordingly.

Self assessment tool : http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priya_kan said:
Hi all,
Priya
Total is 6 months. Currently they are processing July and August applicants. September applicants will be processed between February and March. All the other steps may or may not start but if everything is fine, you'll directly get passport request

priya_kan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
thanks very much for the reply rajancvs and cgs!! :)
one more thing, if my PR appln is in-progress, can i also apply for a work permit in between?

franixsouq

Jun 20, 2014
Dear Members Plz help

I have received invitation due to nomination this December, i have a total of 950 points, the letter of invitation i received contains points grid which include spouse level of education for 8 points .

I don't want to claim spouse level of education points anymore because i have enough points now (recalculated my point using CRS-tool), although i don't ECA for spouse education.At the beginning of creating EE profile i thought to include it as i was not sure what will be the cutt off score or may be i will be needing it in future to gain some points and will get ECA by time its required . I am also not sure/confused/remember how i got spouse level of education points as i never included ECA , spouse bachelor is from Pakistan while master is from UK.

Now my question is ,As spouse level of education points is included in my points grid , is it mandatory to claim spouse 8 points and to provide ECA for spouse level of education or i can leave it as i don't want to claim it ?.

Plz Suggest what should i do ? . :'(

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Thanks for the step by step guide. Now are you saying that we need to pay the application fee and permanent residence fee BEFORE we get an invitation to apply? Does it mean that we might or might not even get an invitation but we have to pay the fees nonetheless?

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
mvmkr said:
Thanks for the step by step guide. Now are you saying that we need to pay the application fee and permanent residence fee BEFORE we get an invitation to apply? Does it mean that we might or might not even get an invitation but we have to pay the fees nonetheless?
No, you pay after ITA. And there are two fees - one you have to pay immediately when you submit your application after ITA, and the other you may pay at the same time or later (when you get PR).

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Thank you! This is all very interesting and new to me.

I also completed my university studies in the US (but I am not a US citizen), I have a Bachelor's Degree. Does that need to go through Education Credential Assessment? I thought an American degree is up to par with a Canadian one. Would they need to "convert" my degree nonetheless?

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes, you need is assessed. Only Canadian degrees are accepted without an assessment.

sgemini

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I switched job after submitting the PR application. Do I need to inform CIC about that?

mvmkr

Jan 2, 2016
Regarding the job, I am an entrepreneur and I've been self-employed since 2011. Since I need to provide letters from the HR or the director of the company, how could I do this in my case? I am the director of my company. Has anyone had a similar situation?