+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

GaganGoel

Oct 24, 2020
Hello Guys,
I have a question regarding my passport. I was completing my PR file after ITA. I have two passports- expired and a renewed one. Just wanted to ask if I have to provide details about both passports in the initial forms as I renewed my passport after receiving ITA. By default, my old passport info is there on the form, shall I keep info of both or just the latest one?

Capitan

Oct 25, 2020
Please I need advice on an enquiry am making...I sent my credential through hello fax to wes..but didnt put my reference number on my certificates but rather I wrote it on a piece of paper ,scanned it and attached it as a document also alongside other credentials I sent(like a cover page)..is that any good?

DeanM90

Oct 14, 2020
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me out with this. My common-law spouse and I have created an express entry application and have been in the pool since March this year. She is listed as a secondary applicant and our combined points are currently 468

Due to the fact that she does not have a degree, If I had to apply on my own my CRS score would be 471.

Based on the recent draws, I believe it best to perhaps remove her from the application as a second applicant in order to stand a better chance of getting in.

My question is, am I correct in understanding that a common-law spouse can be included in an express entry application in two ways:

1) as the second applicant, whereby her profile will contribute points to our overall score (Max 40 points out of 1200 I believe?)
2) as a dependant, whereby our EE profile CRS score will be solely calculated on me alone (therefore boosting it to 471?)

Is this correct how I understand it?

Also, if this is correct and we want to go this route, is it possible to update an existing EE application to change my common-law spouse from the second applicant to dependant without withdrawing my current profile and creating a new one?

Thanks so much,

Dean

GYashna2795

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hie can anyone please help me ? I had 958.50 regular hours of work year to date and 60 hours in paid vacation as of dec 31, 2019. And from jan till now i have 871.25 hours as regular work and 112 hours as vacation. Are my hours sufficient to count one year of total experience. And is paid vacation counted in total hours for CEC class. Really confused and need help

jacklee123

Oct 30, 2020
I received ITA in the last round and got confused when I prepared proof documents for the common-law partner relationship. I googled it and found that a few posts (posted in this forum in 2017, 2018) mentioned an imm5409e form, however, in my document checklist, this form is not requested, it only asks for proof documents, is it normal? did they change this rule at some point in the past?

Thanks.

GYashna2795

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hie can anyone please help me ? I had 958.50 regular hours of work year to date and 60 hours in paid vacation as of dec 31, 2019. And from jan till now i have 871.25 hours as regular work and 112 hours as vacation. Are my hours sufficient to count one year of total experience. And is paid vacation counted in total hours for CEC class. Really confused and need help. Please can someone help

Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone!
while filing express entry profile i have a doubt regarding duration of academic years. there is question mark that says " number of full acedamic years supported by final transcrip" what does final transcrip mean?? is it final marksheet or degree??
please reply
Thanks in advance

Enric6666

Oct 31, 2020
Hi all,

I applied to my express entry on October 2019.
Did anyone who applied around that time got the express entry approved?

Thanks in advance

sunanand

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
I have a query, After my PNP nomination I had my passport reissued for change for address for acquiring police clearance certificate. Do I need to update it on my EE profile? Or shall I uploaded both my passport with an LOE post ITA?

Thanks in advance

teas

Sep 22, 2020
I received ITA in the last round and got confused when I prepared proof documents for the common-law partner relationship. I googled it and found that a few posts (posted in this forum in 2017, 2018) mentioned an imm5409e form, however, in my document checklist, this form is not requested, it only asks for proof documents, is it normal? did they change this rule at some point in the past?

Thanks.
Hi Jack,
My partner and I moved to Canada last year with Express Entry. For proof of common law partner we did do IMM5409e and got it administered by a Notary. And then a whole ton of other supporting documents (utility bills show both names etc etc.). You don't want to get rejected for not having enough evidence so best to give them as much as possible. You can check out the Express Entry full list of supporting documents we uploaded including common law union at the link.
Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

teas

Sep 22, 2020
Hai all,

Myself and my same sex partner are planning to enter the pool this month after we had cleared our IELTS. I am from India and my partner is Sri Lankan. I intend to apply as a primary applicant as I have more chance to get through with my blood relations already PR holder in Canada. We both are residing in Sri Lanka (myself a post graduate student here in Sri Lanka for over four years and met my partner during my studies). We both are 30 years of age.

I have some concerns about "common-law" as we intend to apply as one. We have been living together for one year now and can prove sufficient proof of our relationship for over a year (consent from family, friends and commissioner of oaths). However, the country we reside in, do not support same-sex relationships at all costs, nor do we have an option to prove that we have a shared account in the country we are currently residing.

Moreover, the proof of funds would be shown from my partners' account in Sri Lanka (with notarised letter stating that I am eligible to access the funds). Hope I am not making it hard to explain but does our relationship fit well with the "common-law"; do we have a chance if we do apply together as me being the primary applicant?
Hi,
Could you not get form IMM5409e (Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union) notarised like you did the proof of funds? And then upload as much supporting information as you can. If there's gaps in what you can get, explain why in a contents sheet when you upload. That's what we did when we had gaps in evidence (for other sections) and it was accepted.

rajinder806

Dec 12, 2014
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2017
LANDED..........
01-08-2017
I am secondary applicant in our EE Profile. For my current job, my employer is not willing to provide any documentary evidence. Can I exclude same from my work experience of express entry login and mention it under personal history after I get ITA? (I won't attach any document for my job even later)
Yes, If you are not going to claim points against a particular work experience you can exclude that from work history and put under personal history. But if you are doing this after ITA, to be on safer side you can mention that in your LOE. I always recommend to include a LOE to cover all the points that may need some explanation.