+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Nagammai

Jul 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have the following questions regarding express entry. Your help will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Received ITA 2 months back and PCC is in Progress for last 45 days,
In this situation, my IELTS is valid only till 8th Sep 2020(2 years Validity).
  1. Can I submit now with LOE for PCC now(Until Aug 14 i have time to submit, but IELTS getting expiry soon)?
  2. Also please let me know whether my IELTS is valid, as I saw in one of the requirements that it should be valid for 1 year while submitting the documents.Please advise and help.
  3. Is it required to rewrite the exam or Shall I proceed with this IELTS
  • Thanks
    Nagammai

Omer Humayun

Jul 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

It is very heartwarming to see how everyone is helping out each other for the same cause which is the Canadian Immigration. I have following questions regarding express entry. Your help will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Q.1 My Diploma will be completed by September and I'll get its certificate then only. After that I'll send that to WES for ECA, which takes 7 weeks to complete the process as per their website. so I'll be getting my ECA by Mid-November. Now the issue is that I turn 30 on 4th December and that'll cause by CRS score to reduce by 5 points to 466, thus I want to enter the pool asap to have the maximum chance of getting selected. So what I wanted to ask was that when I register with WES for my ECA they'll give me a reference number, can I use just that number to make my EE profile and enter the pool cuz they only ask you to upload the scanned copies of ECA once you get the ITA. This way I'll be able to enter the pool 7 weeks earlier and have more time to get selected. So can I do that? Please advise.

Q.2 If I make my EE profile right now with my current IELTS score L8, S7, W7, R7 but I re-write the exam and get a better score and update my profile with that score, will my profile entry date in the pool will be considered as the date I initially made my profile initially or the date when I revised/updated my profile. Asking this with regards to the tie-breaker rule.

moods

Jul 19, 2020
Hi all,

Need help regarding filling up WES form. I have completed 2 yr PGDBM from IIM which was awarded pre-2017 (IIM Bill, after which they started giving degrees). In WES, under Type of education, will it come under University Education -> Master's Degree Programs and Post Graduate Diploma Programs or Non-University Postgraduate Diploma Education ? Both these options show my institute. Pl advise.

scotchkgreen

Jul 20, 2020
Hi guys, I'm apply for pr under Canadian Experience Class. I've been working fulltime with my current employer for 2.5 years on an open work permit. They gave me a job letter with my salary and details of my job to facilitate the process. Do I need a separate job offer since I already work for them?

Fave

Jul 21, 2020
Hello, i have ad my wes done n my language test was 7.0 overall. Intending to come with my husband and son, do i stand a chance

Liyarude

Jul 20, 2020
Hii..I have a doubt regarding the educational details that we need to give during profile creation...whether we need to add 10th and 12th grade details or only university education details

scotchkgreen

Jul 20, 2020
At my previous job in my home country, I held different positions that have different NOC codes. I worked there for a very long time so I am not sure which position to put on the put on my Express Entry form and which NOC code to use? Should I just put my last position on there or the 8 positions I held over the time? I think that's a lot. I'd previously received an invitation to apply for CEC and got rejected for incomplete information so now that I'm restarting the process I am double and triple checking my stuff.

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Guys.. Need opinion on this....
My name in the passport is MEGHA XXXXXXCHANDRA JIXXXXXXXXXX but in all other documents (work, education, banks etc) my name is MEGHA XXXXXX JIXXXXXXXXXXX.
Do I need to declare change of name in the Express entry application ? ANd if yes, what document should I get, as ask for a document upload for name change???

Meighen2

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hello everyone,

In my EE profile, I noted only one position - position "X". However, I started off as a junior (e.g., "Junior X") and worked up the ladder to earn the position of "X" at the same company & department.
  • Do I need to revise my EE profile to include all different positions in the company from "Junior X" up to "X" position, or can I just leave it as it is?
My concern is that my reference letter would most likely refer to 2 positions - "Junior X" and "X" - instead of one noted in my EE profile. Will this be seen as a discrepancy and could my application be rejected on this ground?

Lastly, if you advise to revise my EE profile, are there any downsides to it? Could my score be lowered for some reason?

Thank you all.

Liyarude

Jul 20, 2020
Can you give me a reply regarding my EE profile updation?? Whether we need to add our high school and higher secondary details in the educational history?? Or only university education details are needed?

Importantguy

Oct 15, 2018
I have 410 points, NOC- 2172, filed on 29-December-2019. Just want to go to Alberta. Should I expect the ITA with this score in the pandemic time? Any reply would be highly appreciated.:)

sobhanpathak

Jul 22, 2020
Hello, My application was accepted on 29th January 2020, Medical and Biometric completed on 14th February 2020. Can any one suggest when I can expect my application might be completed?
Once this process is completed, I hope CIC will be intimating me through email. Can someone advise me on the subsequent steps thereafter which I would be required to take up, as I am staying at Calgary since June 2018.

Anetka2020

Jul 19, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2020
AOR Received.
14-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
I tried to create a profile but my overall score returned 0. I wonder where I missed the points.

Education: Masters
IELTS: S-7.5, L-6.0, R-6.5, W-6.0
Work Experience: 9years.
NOC Skill Level: 2173, Level A

Can someone calculate my points for the above details and let me know which area I can improve, I am married and If I add my wife as co-application will that help?

Please guide me on this.
Please use this link to calculate your approximate points online. Just answer questions on the website.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp