+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Jenish Vaghasiya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Surat
Hi there,
I have been eligible for both EE and MPNP, my goal is to settle in Mannitoba, can anyone suggest which way is faster? Like Provincial login or EE login?

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
This forum has been so helpful so I thought I would contribute something now that my application is approved.

This will be only relevant to those who got ITA. There were few things that got me worried during application and waiting process.
  • Even if my last name is consistent across my documents, on some important documents I have abbreviation for my first and middle name and sometimes my middle name is omitted. When I filled my application after ITA, for the question that said ''Has this person ever used any other name'' I said yes and then I attached a one and same name affidavit.
  • My company has been through several changes including name changes. This means I had a different logo & name on my documents than what the company is called right now. I explained this in LOE and linked an article published online.
  • My HR didn’t write me R&R. So I have two references letters. One from HR with everything CIC requires except R&R and the other from my boss with R&R as well as other details mentioned in the HR mail ( other than the salary ). I also attached salary slip and offer letter.
  • In my personal history, due to internship, there was an overlap of work & education, I just explained that in LOE
  • I had few travels I just couldn’t remember the details. I wrote in my LOE that I have been to so and so countries but I don’t remember details
  • My bank refused to write in the letter the 6 months average balance, so I have the monthly balance for 6 months printed and stamped
  • My bank didn’t write the date of profile creation but rather the age of the account and I explained that in LOE
  • I was requested for two PCC even if I didn’t live there for 6 month fully ( both 5 months). However, my visa for both were active for over 6 months even if I left early.
  • For PCC that requires a letter from CIC, in place of the PCC , put a letter with screen shot of CIC stating that country requires a letter to retrieve PCC
  • Even if I have several things to be explained in my LOE, I kept it as short as I can ( 4 pages) so they can actually read it. I didn’t give CIC more information than they asked for.
  • Even if i find this forum extremely helpful, i always cross checked with CIC website
  • Please be careful when you fill the travel part post ITA. It is very easy to select travel ''no'' when scrolling up and down with keyboard and that totally deleted all my entry. Luckily I caught it and was very careful when I checked the travel section from then on.
This are all the little things I remember and had me worried. I am no expert and this is all from my experience. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: mcls and ripul

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Can someone confirm me whether I need to work in Canada for atleast 1 year inorder to qualify under FSW category. I thought the 1 year clause is only for CEC category. I created my profile but it was not qualified and I am not sure why I am not qualified. Is there any phone no that I can call to understand why my profile was not qualified? Solicit a quick response from someone to confirm whether I need to wait for 1 year to qualify under FSW category if I am working in Canada.
As far as I know, in order to receive the thumbs up from the stream, you need to have job offer from the Canadian employer.

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a question.
I am trying to improve my CRS score and in order to do that I am thinking to do a course from Pakistan from virtual university, and I am located in UAE. Its a one year course and I have seen that WES evaluates virtual university of Pakistan degrees, but since its a distance learning course, would WES provide me one year equivalency diploma for my course once its done?

Thank you all.

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Can someone confirm me whether I need to work in Canada for atleast 1 year inorder to qualify under FSW category. I thought the 1 year clause is only for CEC category. I created my profile but it was not qualified and I am not sure why I am not qualified. Is there any phone no that I can call to understand why my profile was not qualified? Solicit a quick response from someone to confirm whether I need to wait for 1 year to qualify under FSW category if I am working in Canada.
For FSW no need of Canadian experience. You need minimum 1 year of skilled work experience outside canada.

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a question.
I am trying to improve my CRS score and in order to do that I am thinking to do a course from Pakistan from virtual university, and I am located in UAE. Its a one year course and I have seen that WES evaluates virtual university of Pakistan degrees, but since its a distance learning course, would WES provide me one year equivalency diploma for my course once its done?

Thank you all.
If the university is recognized by WES and your degree clearly specifies the diploma then I think it will recognize the degree.

hisham1406

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hi,

I received my ita today and was filling the form.

In the initial form before the ita there was a question if I have a relative in Canada. I had answered no at that time.

Now again in the ita form they ask the same question. I just realised that I have an uncle in Canada who is living there for some time now. He is a PR.

Now what do I do? Do I just say no since I dont want to claim any points for him? Or if I say yes now, there will be discrepancy from the original form in which I had said no.

Would appreciate a response.

Thanks

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi Friends,
I am recently deputed to Canada on work permit. I am expecting the ITA by July '19. How should I be showing POF from my Indian (HDFC). Has anyone gone through similar situation?

hitc

Feb 27, 2019
hello all. I am in a great fix. I received my ITA but i just realised that i have made a huge mess up. i need your guidance in the same.

I was working in the same organisation for 3 years but with different titles, but with same job responsibility. I joined as an officer, promoted to Assistant Manager. But while filling my ITA form, i somehow mentioned only Assistant Manager for whole 3 years. and now i just realised that something may be wrong with it. so my question is if i will change my work history now, will i get rejected ? will it come as misrepresentation of information ?

Please guys i need your help. kindly suggest.

Hessam

Dec 2, 2018
Plz help me. I can't see the difference between these three things

Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling = PR or Passport

Proof of residency in Canada = Bill

Then what is:
Family Member Proof of status ?

VisaExperts

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
hello all. I am in a great fix. I received my ITA but i just realised that i have made a huge mess up. i need your guidance in the same.

I was working in the same organisation for 3 years but with different titles, but with same job responsibility. I joined as an officer, promoted to Assistant Manager. But while filling my ITA form, i somehow mentioned only Assistant Manager for whole 3 years. and now i just realised that something may be wrong with it. so my question is if i will change my work history now, will i get rejected ? will it come as misrepresentation of information ?

Please guys i need your help. kindly suggest.
Congratulations on receiving the ITA. Following are the steps defined for any updations in the profile:

1) Go to main page of account under the heading "view the applications you submitted."
2) Go to "Check full application status"
3) Under the "Express Entry Profile Status" click on "View your profile" under the heading "Your Express Entry profile status"
4) On "Express Entry Profile" go to "update form" button to maneuver the relevant changes.
5) Make the necessary changes followed by clicking of "Save and Exit" button
6) Click "continue" after updating and follow necessary instructions.

Hope you had the better understanding of the same.

Cedric11

Oct 8, 2018
Hi everyone. Can I ask for input please?
During filling-up the Post-ITA forms under personal history, if the activity is unemployed and searching for a job, how do you answer the field for employer/school/society?

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
What would be the available PNPs for an Accountant who has no job offer?

Thank you