+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

ronakshah92

Apr 30, 2016
Hi All,

I had a question regarding an error in my (already submitted) application.

Background - I have a work ex (Jan'13 to Dec'13) for which I have not claimed points. However, I have mentioned it in my personal history and explained in Letter of Explanation that I have not claimed points for this.

Problem - In the LOE, I have mentioned Mar'13 to Dec'13 erroneously, instead of Jan'13 to Dec'13.

Potential solutions??? - Shall I update it via the web form? or just leave it as it is since I haven't claimed points for it?

It would be great if someone could help me out on this. I don't want my application to be rejected on the basis of misrepresentation, but at the same time, I don't want to update it for a minor mistake like this (or should I?)

Any help will be appreciated.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi,

My brother has bachelors (4 years)+completion of college level certificate(one semester)- now my question is is it possible for him to claim two or more certificates? I saw a few people got PPR with the same combination and after claiming two or more certificates with it but still is it risky? & even if he applies with it what might be his chance to get PPR? Experts pls share your views with me. it will really mean a lot. thanks

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
If someone gets a degree by transforming qualifications and taking only final few subjects, will that have an impact to WES evaluation?

Thanks

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Hi,

My brother has bachelors (4 years)+completion of college level certificate(one semester)- now my question is is it possible for him to claim two or more certificates? I saw a few people got PPR with the same combination and after claiming two or more certificates with it but still is it risky? & even if he applies with it what might be his chance to get PPR? Experts pls share your views with me. it will really mean a lot. thanks
If the college level certificate equals to a post secondary, he should be able to

Naseebdara1

Jun 11, 2018
Hello All,
i had a profile which was expired in February 2019.what will be the proper way to make another profile.
do i need to withdraw or cancel my profile first, because the information which i provided when i prepared it still exist in profile although its expired.would i need to sign up again with a different user name or password.please guide.

Srinu5

May 25, 2019
Sorry for the inconveniences
This response not related to this title

Please help me with required information

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to submit WES form for my Btech evaluation in Electronics and Communications Engineering. However in form i do not see Bachelors in Electronics and Communications but i see only Bachelors in Electronics and Telecommunications are they equal ?

If anyone has faced a similar issue please let me know..

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Sorry for the inconveniences
This response not related to this title

Please help me with required information

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to submit WES form for my Btech evaluation in Electronics and Communications Engineering. However in form i do not see Bachelors in Electronics and Communications but i see only Bachelors in Electronics and Telecommunications are they equal ?

If anyone has faced a similar issue please let me know..
I think you may have the option to select Bachelor of Technology and then type in the specialization separately. If yes, that would best suit your case. I think this is what I did for my MBA - as I had a specialization which is quite specific to my university - however I did it almost a year ago, so don't really remember the details :)

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
If the college level certificate equals to a post secondary, he should be able to
Don't remember the exact reference, but I think generally a certificate has to be a year or more (and from a recognized institution) to qualify.

However, I think you should know the answer as soon as you look at your ECA. Anecdotally, I've heard that you can different results from different organizations - with WES being the toughest (at least on Indian Institutions) but unfortunately the fastest.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi All,

I had a question regarding an error in my (already submitted) application.

Background - I have a work ex (Jan'13 to Dec'13) for which I have not claimed points. However, I have mentioned it in my personal history and explained in Letter of Explanation that I have not claimed points for this.

Problem - In the LOE, I have mentioned Mar'13 to Dec'13 erroneously, instead of Jan'13 to Dec'13.

Potential solutions??? - Shall I update it via the web form? or just leave it as it is since I haven't claimed points for it?

It would be great if someone could help me out on this. I don't want my application to be rejected on the basis of misrepresentation, but at the same time, I don't want to update it for a minor mistake like this (or should I?)

Any help will be appreciated.
I think you should be okay. As long as you don't have any gaps (i.e. the information you submitted in the form is complete and accurate), they should just ignore the LOE for this. As it's not something that affects points, my (non-expert) opinion is that they won't even bother to look at it.

Out of curiosity - how many issues did you address in your LOE?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi:

I have a question......

Is a degree in medical technology considered a professional degree for express entry, or a regular degree?
I believe it's a normal degree, although degrees in medicine are considered professional ones.

If you look here, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html, I believe all the "medical" degrees that are deemed professional degrees are those that let you practice as a medical doctor - which I assume your degree does not. (you need to choose Comprehensive Ranking Score from the drop down, and click the see points button). Clicking on a hyperlink from one of the eligible degrees, I see this explanation:

"For Express Entry, only degrees in these fields can earn equal points to a Master’s degree:

• medicine
  • veterinary medicine
  • dentistry
  • podiatry
  • optometry
  • law
  • chiropractic medicine
  • pharmacy
For example, a 4-year nursing degree is not considered a first professional degree. It would earn you the same number of points as a Bachelor’s degree."

However, the litmus test is what the Educational Credential Assessment says...

All the best.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hello All,
i had a profile which was expired in February 2019.what will be the proper way to make another profile.
do i need to withdraw or cancel my profile first, because the information which i provided when i prepared it still exist in profile although its expired.would i need to sign up again with a different user name or password.please guide.
I believe you just create a new profile from your existing account. There's no issue of duplication because it's out of the pool already.

BhavaniShankar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Yes, there was a question like "Have you been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) and for which I said "NO" , since I started working from Apr-2019 onwards. This rule of 1 year working was mentioned for CEC category only and for FSW. As I mentioned , last year when I was in India , I was able to create my profile by answering "NO" to the same question and my profile got created but could not proceed as I my CRS score was low. This time my CRS score is good but could not profile. I know for CEC category I need to work for 1 year with current WP. Wondering why the profile could not be created with my current residence as "Canada"
Can someone confirm me whether I need to work in Canada for atleast 1 year inorder to qualify under FSW category. I thought the 1 year clause is only for CEC category. I created my profile but it was not qualified and I am not sure why I am not qualified. Is there any phone no that I can call to understand why my profile was not qualified? Solicit a quick response from someone to confirm whether I need to wait for 1 year to qualify under FSW category if I am working in Canada.