+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

meenah2hot

Dec 13, 2020
Hi guys. Please I discovered marriage certificate has to be government approved am in Nigeria, please enlighten me on how to go about it, my marriage certificate was given to us at the mosque. Thanks

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
Hi guys, I have a question .... I have received ITA in CEC draw , currently working in Canada and applying for it(have all the supporting documents)... But last week i have attended an interview for a US company in which i got selected and they want me to relocate to US.. I wanted to know what will happen to my PR application process if i move to US ... Thanks in advance

Sunita_Khary

Aug 17, 2018
Hi Team,
My wife and myself are staying in USA from Jan 23, 2021. I have recently received OINP approval and waiting for ITA. Below are few questions that needs your guidance:
1) If I receive ITA in first week of July and submit by end of September, do I need to take medical exam in USA as I heard if we stay more than 6 months in US, no medical is needed? Please correct me, if I am wrong.
2)She has a valid study permit in Canada (Doing her master's) and taking online classes from US and will finish by Dec 21. After that, myself and wife planning to apply for OWP and PGWP resp. Is it possible to do it when our PR application is under process and we are outside Canada?
All the above are done when we both are outside Canada.

Looking forward in your suggestion and help.

Thanks

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, can we create a profile of Express Entry under CEC (in advance) if I still need 1 more month of work to complete my 1 year experience?

Parry24

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Hi Guys, I have some queries related to express entry.
1) I have completed my Bachelors in 2014 after that I started working, Currently having 5 years of experience, while working also completed my MBA (distance). my question is which firm is best for education qualification and what about my MBA degree is it eligible or not?
2) My first company was closed so how can I show that experience?
3) My second company changed their name is there any impact on my experience?
4) I got rejected form Canada study visa in 2014. What is the impact on my application and should I mention my rejection while applying for Express Entry?

Reactions: Dilshan2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys, I have some queries related to express entry.
1) I have completed my Bachelors in 2014 after that I started working, Currently having 5 years of experience, while working also completed my MBA (distance). my question is which firm is best for education qualification and what about my MBA degree is it eligible or not?
2) My first company was closed so how can I show that experience?
3) My second company changed their name is there any impact on my experience?
4) I got rejected form Canada study visa in 2014. What is the impact on my application and should I mention my rejection while applying for Express Entry?
1. Generally, if you have a Masters from India, don't go with WES. They will evaluate your Masters to be 2 bachelor's degree. Try going with IQAS as it is more likely for them to provide an accurate evaluation of your Indian Masters degree.

2. Well, you have to provide documents that you already have. Paystubs, Offer Letter, any other documents that you might have related to that job. But reference letter is a MUST - If you can get ahold of your manager or supervisor, you can get a reference letter from them (I would strongly recommend getting this on stamp paper and get this duly notarized).

3. No, just mention the correct name of the company. If your documents shows the company's old name, then you can add a letter of explanation to clear this up.

4. Your student visa rejection will most likely NOT have any impact on your PR application.

Reactions: Dilshan2016

victor2

Jul 8, 2021
Hello everyone, I am a little bit confused about (Federal Skill Trade Program) as I understand it is a part of Express Entry, but the fact is that FSTP requires less IELTS score than FSW one, I have my score 6.5 Overall and in Reading module I scored 5.5, the other three are 6 to 7. I am trying to find out if I am eligible for FSTP, as for FSW I already know that I am not eligible. In other words, there are 3 types (Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Express Class. These three programs are stated in the Express Entry, my question is why is it specified that if you have under band 6 for one of the modules you are not eligible for EE, but in the FSTP it's stated the following:
  • meet the minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for speaking and listening, and Canadian Language Benchmark 4 for reading and writing

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, I am a little bit confused about (Federal Skill Trade Program) as I understand it is a part of Express Entry, but the fact is that FSTP requires less IELTS score than FSW one, I have my score 6.5 Overall and in Reading module I scored 5.5, the other three are 6 to 7. I am trying to find out if I am eligible for FSTP, as for FSW I already know that I am not eligible. In other words, there are 3 types (Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canadian Express Class. These three programs are stated in the Express Entry, my question is why is it specified that if you have under band 6 for one of the modules you are not eligible for EE, but in the FSTP it's stated the following:
  • meet the minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for speaking and listening, and Canadian Language Benchmark 4 for reading and writing
How are you eligible for FST? It is for applicants in the trades so you need to be certified in the provincial body in your trade or have a job offer in that trade. The program has different requirements.

victor2

Jul 8, 2021
How are you eligible for FST? It is for applicants in the trades so you need to be certified in the provincial body in your trade or have a job offer in that trade. The program has different requirements.
Thank you for responding Naturgrl, I am here to get more information related to the inquiry made above. I am trying to understand how it actually works, seems like I am out of business regarding the EE, thank you anyway for the information provided.

Nick046

Feb 14, 2019
#2574May 13, 2017 at 2:43 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

I received nomination with (spouse non accompanying) score 414.
If accompanying score would be 388 (at date of nomination).

NOW I want to change my spouse to be accompanying in my eAPR.
I have now ielts and eca (dated after nomination)of spouse.. and by adding her as accompanying score will Be 406.

Is it ok to add her as accompanying now(score 406)
or they will consider that at date of nomination (score 388) was below 400 if I included her as accompanying from the beginning.?

Or all they care about is that score now is above 400 despite the ielts and eca are dated after nomination.?

Please need expert reply.

Thanks.
Hello

could please share as I am in the same situation

Thanks

Parry24

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Hello guys,
I have query regarding SINP.

As per SINP requirement, job experience should related to education. I have completed my B. Tech in ECE ( regular) and MBA in HR ( correspondence while working) I am having total 5 years of experience which is directly related to my bachelor's degree but not with masters. So, I am eligible or not for SINP.
Thanks in advance.

Mae.Will

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Hi,
Could you please tell me the processing time of express entry these days?
in the canada.ca it is indicated 6 months which I think it is the case for like 80% of applications. For PR card it is about 4.5 months. Please correct me it if I’m making mistake.
Thanks

DeanM90

Oct 14, 2020
Hi,

Sorry if this is the incorrect thread to post in, but I wanted to confirm something with regard to the updated proof of funds minimum amounts that were recently raised.

My e-APR was submitted in February 2021. At the time of submission I met the minimum required funds that were required for my family size as per the official government guidelines. Now however, since they increased the minimum settlement funds required, I no longer meet the minimum settlement funds required. Do I need to update my proof of funds and how would I do this?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

Sorry if this is the incorrect thread to post in, but I wanted to confirm something with regard to the updated proof of funds minimum amounts that were recently raised.

My e-APR was submitted in February 2021. At the time of submission I met the minimum required funds that were required for my family size as per the official government guidelines. Now however, since they increased the minimum settlement funds required, I no longer meet the minimum settlement funds required. Do I need to update my proof of funds and how would I do this?
No. Your application will be processed based on the regulations at the time you submitted your application. In this case, the change has occurred after you've submitted the application so this doesn't apply to you.