+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, if I created a profile for Express Entry, how long will it take to know if I am eligible or not eligible to be in the pool? Thank you

Apr 28, 2021
I sincerely thank the moderators/admins for making this post sticky. I hope this will help members to get a jist of what EE is and how it works!

Good luck to everyone applying!
Thank you for this. I’m disabled and have a child with autism. I suppose there’s no chance for me to get to Canada :(.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for this. I’m disabled and have a child with autism. I suppose there’s no chance for me to get to Canada :(.
Not necessarily first are you eligible for Express Entry? If so, what is your CRS score. If you have over 470 then you would get an invitation. You need IELTS and ECAs for your education. If you get an invitation, you and your family take a medical. It will be determined if you are eligible and that your medical needs are not a burden on the Canadian healthcare system. Information is in the link. Autism is not necessarily a factor in medical admissibility as most costs are out of pocket or through private insurance with your work.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi Experts,

I have a query. My wife's sister is based in Canada and is now a Citizen. But, we are not claiming points for that (Do not have Birth Certificate etc. to submit). I received my ITA. The issue is that when filling in my Wife's FAMILY DETAILS, if we enter her sister's details showing her to be in Canada, the system automatically adds 15 points and is subsequently asking us to upload supporting documents. What is the way out? We cannot skip entering her details either. Please suggest.
Thanks.

Regards

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Good day, everyone. I applied for PR, however, I got 0 points in all of the criteria (even the age). Does anyone of you know why it happened? Thank you.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
I am trying to apply under CEC, Yes I do both have ECA and IELTS. But aren’t they going to put points pee criteria? For example my age should have also a point, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am trying to apply under CEC, Yes I do both have ECA and IELTS. But aren’t they going to put points pee criteria? For example my age should have also a point, right?
Yes but you may be filling in something wrong. Can’t help with such little information.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Yes but you may be filling in something wrong. Can’t help with such little information.
Here are some of my information, help me, please.
IELTS - Speaking 7 , Reading 6, Writing 6, Listening 8 (Overall = 7)
Work Experience Back Home - More than 2 years under NOC 1522 (NOC, I believe)
Work Experience here in Canada - 1 year under NOC 1215 (NOC B)
Education Back Home (evaluation) - (Diploma - 2 years)
Canadian Education - 1-yr certificate
No PNP nomination
No LMIA offer

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
If ever I am in the pool for CEC, am I still allowed to work if my PGWP expires? (My PGWP will be expired this June 2021).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Here are some of my information, help me, please.
IELTS - Speaking 7 , Reading 6, Writing 6, Listening 8 (Overall = 7)
Work Experience Back Home - More than 2 years under NOC 1522 (NOC, I believe)
Work Experience here in Canada - 1 year under NOC 1215 (NOC B)
Education Back Home (evaluation) - (Diploma - 2 years)
Canadian Education - 1-yr certificate
No PNP nomination
No LMIA offer
So you have at least one year Canadian experience. Your foreign experience doesn’t count as it is NOC C. What does your foreign employment letter match with? You are answering questions wrong and need to screenshot your responses.

mikfgcu

May 9, 2021
Hey everyone. So I checked my eligibility. I have good English scores (8+ Ielts) I have mediocre french scores (B2 level TCF), a bachelors, 1 year of work experience outside of Canada and 31 years. But it says I am not eligable to apply when I choose these options. When I change my education to two or more diplomas, or a masters...then it says I am eligable.

Is bachelors only enough if I have Canadian experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey everyone. So I checked my eligibility. I have good English scores (8+ Ielts) I have mediocre french scores (B2 level TCF), a bachelors, 1 year of work experience outside of Canada and 31 years. But it says I am not eligable to apply when I choose these options. When I change my education to two or more diplomas, or a masters...then it says I am eligable.

Is bachelors only enough if I have Canadian experience?
What does your ECA state? What stream, FSW or CEC? If FSW, do you have one year continuous work experience.

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
So you have at least one year Canadian experience. Your foreign experience doesn’t count as it is NOC C. What does your foreign employment letter match with? You are answering questions wrong and need to screenshot your responses.
Do we need LMIA or valid job offer to be in the pool?
Also, for the question regarding the educational attainment, are we going to include the education back home (in my case, from the Philippines) or just the study here in Canada? Thank you.