+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

klpatel2020

May 22, 2020
Hello All,

My spouse has experience in India. We haven’t climbed any point for spouse Foreign Experience. I have mentioned her experience in Personal Activity. Should I need to mention her Foreign Experience in Work History?

herain312

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
Hello Sir/Madam,
Hope everyone doing well!

I am on a closed work permit and my work permit is expiring soon in September 2020. I got an invitation for PR last week and at the same time my employer asking me to submit the document for the work permit extension for another year. So I am confused about which one I should submit first(PR or work permit extension)?

Also, Can I submit my closed work permit extension after the PR application submission? Please suggest the best approach.

Thank you, members :)
Hey,

As far as I know;
First, submit your PR Application and then apply for the extension on your work permit. (Bridging Work Permit)

I hope that it helps.!

reality101

Jul 9, 2020
Based on the data, any idea what the score cut off will be by 2022? I know it's just speculation but I'm confused about a particular decision.

Profile:
Education: Master's Degree (MBA) from India
Work Experience: 1 year before MBA. Just started working at a global Management Consulting Firm.

I'm not married yet but planning to get married to my long-term partner in early 2022 (can't do it earlier due to family)
His Profile:
Education: Master's Degree (MBA) from India
Work Experience: Total of 2 years. 1 year as a Business Analyst before MBA & 1 year of experience at a global Management Consulting Firm.

By next June he will have 3 years of work experience and his total score (assuming high IELTS score) will be 481. I think he will probably make it next year. I will not be able to make it next year and will have to wait until June 2022 to apply and will have a score of 481 then.

Question is: Should I ask him to wait until we are married in 2022 and apply together or ask him to apply next year and sponsor me later? If I ask him to wait, I'm worried that the cut off will go beyond 481 and we won't be able to make it. I know this sounds complicated but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi everyone, I have a COPR which was issued in Jan 2020 and I am planning to drive to Vancouver in my personal car next week. I will complete the soft landing and will be back in a couple of months. Can I skip importing my car this time (keep driving in Vancouver with California plates) and put the car in the "goods to follow" list? When I will be back to Canada for good after two months, I plan to import the car at that time.
Does anyone have any experience in this regard?

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
Hello Sir/Madam,
Hope everyone doing well!

I am on a closed work permit and my work permit is expiring soon in September 2020. I got an invitation for PR last week and at the same time my employer asking me to submit the document for the work permit extension for another year. So I am confused about which one I should submit first(PR or work permit extension)?

Also, Can I submit my closed work permit extension after the PR application submission? Please suggest the best approach.

Thank you, members :)
Hey Hi.. It doesn't matter ...Both applications PR and WP will process parallel...Don't worry apply for both...sequence doesn't matter. I am in same boat

Omer Humayun

Jul 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

It is very heartwarming to see how everyone is helping out eachother for the same cause which is the Canadanian Immigration. I have following questions regarding express entry. Your help will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Q.1 My Diploma will be completed by September and I'll get its certificate then only. After that I'll send that to WES for ECA, which takes 7 weeks to complete the process as per their website. so I'll be getting my ECA by Mid-November. Now the issue is that I turn 30 on 4th december and that'll cause by crs score to reduce by 5 points to 466, thus I want to enter the pool asap to have the maximum chance of getting selected. So what I wanted to ask was that when I register with WES for my ECA they'll give me a refernece number, can I use just that number to make my EE profile and enter the pool cuz they only ask you to upload the scanned copies of ECA once you get the ITA. This way I'll be able to enter the pool 7 weeks earlier and have more time to get selected. So can I do that? Please advise.

Q.2 If I make my EE profie right now with my current IELTS score L8, S7, W7, R7 but I re-write the exam and get a better score and update my profile with that score, will my profile entry date in the pool will be considered as the date I intially made my profile initially or the date when I revised/updated my profile. Asking this with regards to the tie-breaker rule.

Reactions: Clover4

Kirat305

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
*URGENT QUERY*

Dear professionals, I recently received an ITA and need to clarify one thing on urgent basis.

I have been to Canada few years back on study permit and came back after a year because of some issues back home and never went back.

Now as I am willing to go again on PR basis and received ITA as well.

Can you guys let me know-

1) If there will be any negative impact on my PR process?

2) What should I write in my LOE so that they can understand that the reasons were genuine.

Look forward to the responses!

Raggy

Aug 1, 2020
We have received an invitation but we are yet to complete one year of work experience in Canada (20 days short) but the points for this has been automatically updated in the system. Can we still apply?

Clover4

Aug 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

It is very heartwarming to see how everyone is helping out eachother for the same cause which is the Canadanian Immigration. I have following questions regarding express entry. Your help will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Q.1 My Diploma will be completed by September and I'll get its certificate then only. After that I'll send that to WES for ECA, which takes 7 weeks to complete the process as per their website. so I'll be getting my ECA by Mid-November. Now the issue is that I turn 30 on 4th december and that'll cause by crs score to reduce by 5 points to 466, thus I want to enter the pool asap to have the maximum chance of getting selected. So what I wanted to ask was that when I register with WES for my ECA they'll give me a refernece number, can I use just that number to make my EE profile and enter the pool cuz they only ask you to upload the scanned copies of ECA once you get the ITA. This way I'll be able to enter the pool 7 weeks earlier and have more time to get selected. So can I do that? Please advise.

Q.2 If I make my EE profie right now with my current IELTS score L8, S7, W7, R7 but I re-write the exam and get a better score and update my profile with that score, will my profile entry date in the pool will be considered as the date I intially made my profile initially or the date when I revised/updated my profile. Asking this with regards to the tie-breaker rule.
Did you get any clarifications on this? I have similar queries.

Clover4

Aug 9, 2020
Hi All,

I'm new to the application process so apologies in advance if my queries are very basic. Appreciate any guidance.

- is the IELTS a pre-requisite to apply? Or can we submit the application and then complete the exam ? ( I'm 99% sure it's a pre-requisite but just want to clarify )

- I've done French for 3 years while in school ( about 14 years ago ). I am considering doing a refresher course and try my luck at the TEF- but this is atleast 6 months down the line as I would need to prepare. So my question is, can I submit the EE application and update my French test results as and when they're available? Does EE application allow for profile updates?

- same question on ECA as with IELTS above, is ECA a pre-requisite before applying for EE, or can I pursue ECA completion post application? Also, anyone from India with any advise on ECA process for Indian universities?

Thanks a bunch! Getting to learn a lot of good information on this forum and very grateful for that.

aderayope

Mar 3, 2020
My sis want to claim sibling points for express entry bcoz i live in canada. Am renting my frnds place so i can't provide lease or mortgage docs with my name for proof of residence...can i use cellphone bill? what of bank statement? any body have luck with using this?

NaijaCdn

Aug 12, 2020
How the Canadian Express Entry Works
The Express Entry process is a simple, fast, and efficient immigration selection system, that offers Canadian permanent residence to qualified skilled workers and their family members.
In simple terms, Express Entry was broken down into two major steps:
  1. Step one involves candidates uploading an electronic profile to IRCC’s online portal. There is currently no restriction on specific occupations, and profiles are ranked against each other using a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
  2. Step two consists of the government of Canada conducting draws and issuing Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for permanent residence (PR) to the highest-ranked candidates. Candidates who receive ITAs have only 60 days to submit a complete application.
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) aims to process Express Entry applications within 6 months from when an applicant submits a complete application.
Eligibility
IRCC choose skilled workers based on their skills and ability to contribute to the Canadian economy.
For example, the Basic Requirements that have to be met if you want to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry as a Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), you MUST:
• Have a minimum of 1 (one) year work experience in either a professional or managerial job.
• Write the English language proficiency test (IELTS General Training) and meet a minimum score requirement.
• Have your Educational Credentials Assessed (ECA) against Canadian education standards.

You can learn more about the Canadian Express Entry on the link below:
https://canadawiz.ca/canada-express-entry-eligibility-requirements/

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hi all
I just want to ask about EE profile final decision during covid -19 ,as my friend completed his 85% processing..can he expect results exactly on the day which is mentioned in the profile or do he has to wait for it?is there anybody who has received COPR in exact 6 months in current situation??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all
I just want to ask about EE profile final decision during covid -19 ,as my friend completed his 85% processing..can he expect results exactly on the day which is mentioned in the profile or do he has to wait for it?is there anybody who has received COPR in exact 6 months in current situation??
AFAIK, the dates in the profile are tentative. Given the COVID-19 situation, the offices might be functioning with limited personnel and hence, it is wise to expect delays in this climate.