Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2015
Hi Guys, I was once a regular daily visitor of this forum in 2014 as I was also applying for Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Program back then. I just want to say hello to everyone and to give you encouragement in case you need one - it took me 9 years to get to Canada and this forum has helped me a LOT on my fifth and final attempt :).

In case you're bored, or is simply in need of some uplifting, read my 9 year journey to Canada in my blog here: https://memoirsofamapleleaf.wordpress.com/. God bless everyone.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys, I was once a regular daily visitor of this forum in 2014 as I was also applying for Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Program back then. I just want to say hello to everyone and to give you encouragement in case you need one - it took me 9 years to get to Canada and this forum has helped me a LOT on my fifth and final attempt :).

In case you're bored, or is simply in need of some uplifting, read my 9 year journey to Canada in my blog here: https://memoirsofamapleleaf.wordpress.com/. God bless everyone.
'Almost a decade' is a freakishly long time. My OINP journey was 11 months long and even that stressed me out. Glad you are here finally and congrats on getting your citizenship.

kavan801

Jun 30, 2020
*Urgent Query*

I currently live and work in USA and my spouse lives and works in Quebec. We received our ITA and will be submitting our documents as a married couple, with me being the primary applicant. Is it a cause of concern for my better half to be working in Quebec? Our plan is to settle in Ontario on getting the PR. Is it advisable to submit a letter of explanation just to clarify the intentions or there’s no need for one?

Help from people who’ve been in a similar situation will be appreciated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
*Urgent Query*

I currently live and work in USA and my spouse lives and works in Quebec. We received our ITA and will be submitting our documents as a married couple, with me being the primary applicant. Is it a cause of concern for my better half to be working in Quebec? Our plan is to settle in Ontario on getting the PR. Is it advisable to submit a letter of explanation just to clarify the intentions or there’s no need for one?

Help from people who’ve been in a similar situation will be appreciated.
Well, in order to be eligible for Express Entry, you should NOT intend to reside in the province of Quebec.

Having said that, you could add a LOE that explains your intention to reside in the province of Ontario. IMO, adding some information about your research about Ontario and why you would want to settle there should support your case.

I would recommend browsing around the forum a bit because I'm sure you will find someone who was/is in the exact position. They would be able to give you a more detailed response on what to do.

Oct 20, 2016
I am currently living in Luxembourg on a ICT work visa until Feb 2022. I am planning to apply for Canada PR and in the process would appear for IELTS from Luxembourg.
My question is, will my IELTS result be valid as I am an Indian Passport holder but would be having IELTS result from Luxembourg.

P.S. I already know I would have to provide additional Police Certificate from Luxembourg as I have lived here for more than a year now. My query is just for the IELTS.

Thanks in Advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am currently living in Luxembourg on a ICT work visa until Feb 2022. I am planning to apply for Canada PR and in the process would appear for IELTS from Luxembourg.
My question is, will my IELTS result be valid as I am an Indian Passport holder but would be having IELTS result from Luxembourg.

P.S. I already know I would have to provide additional Police Certificate from Luxembourg as I have lived here for more than a year now. My query is just for the IELTS.

Thanks in Advance.
IELTS is a standardized test and it can be taken anywhere in the world irrespective of the passport you hold.

PS : You need an IELTS - General for immigration purposes (Academic is not accepted).

Gcontreras

Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced some delay in their express entry application? My estimated date of completion was July 20th, 2020 and I haven't heard anything so far.

Thanks,
Gabriel

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Guys I'm really hopeless - I was supposed to get mine in FEB 2020 (first week) - But now, the timeline is gone, six more months have passed & it's been a YEAR since I submitted my application. :confused: -
score: 485
NOTES 1 - June 2020:
CPC- Ottawa
Label: GENERAL

---------
NOTES 2
FEB 2020
CPC -Ottawa
--------------
NOTES 3:
FEB 2020
Label: General
Montreal Call Centre
---------------
NOTES 4
DEC 2019
Label: EE Eligibility
Office : CPC Ottawa
Recommendation: Redcommend Pass
Appears Met R75
Appears met R76
Appears Met FSW points total: 72 Ready to FInalize
RPRF: Complete

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys I'm really hopeless - I was supposed to get mine in FEB 2020 (first week) - But now, the timeline is gone, six more months have passed & it's been a YEAR since I submitted my application. :confused: -
score: 485
NOTES 1 - June 2020:
CPC- Ottawa

---------
NOTES 2
FEB 2020
CPC -Ottawa
--------------
NOTES 3:
FEB 2020
Label: General
Montreal Call Centre
---------------
NOTES 4
DEC 2019
Label: EE Eligibility
Office : CPC Ottawa
Recommendation: Redcommend Pass
Appears Met R75
Appears met R76
Appears Met FSW points total: 72 Ready to FInalize
RPRF: Complete
1) I understand it has been a long time but there is no need to feel hopeless.
2) Processing officers are humans too; IRCC is working with limited man power so there is certainly a backlog in processing application. Processing is affected for multiple visa categories.
3) R75 and R76 are basic requirements, which is good. What you have to look for in your notes is the detailed notes about section R10 (completeness check) and section A11.2 (MEC Check).
4) You should also check the admissibility section and see if you notice redacted information there. This will tell you something about your background checks. You'll see something like "The information on this page is redacted in accordance to section..." printed in small letters on the admissibility page. This is how you know there is some information in the admissibility but it has been redacted for security purposes.

I wish you all the best.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
1) I understand it has been a long time but there is no need to feel hopeless.
2) Processing officers are humans too; IRCC is working with limited man power so there is certainly a backlog in processing application. Processing is affected for multiple visa categories.
3) R75 and R76 are basic requirements, which is good. What you have to look for in your notes is the detailed notes about section R10 (completeness check) and section A11.2 (MEC Check).
4) You should also check the admissibility section and see if you notice redacted information there. This will tell you something about your background checks. You'll see something like "The information on this page is redacted in accordance to section..." printed in small letters on the admissibility page. This is how you know there is some information in the admissibility but it has been redacted for security purposes.

I wish you all the best.
CEC MEC: NOT MET
MST MEC: Not Met
FSW MEC: Met
CRS Sore: 485
PNP MEC: Not Met
----------------------------------
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CEC MEC: NOT MET
MST MEC: Not Met
FSW MEC: Met
CRS Sore: 485
PNP MEC: Not Met
----------------------------------
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:
You should find something more detailed. When did you order your GCMS notes? If you scroll towards the end of the pdf, you would find detailed notes there from Program Assistant and Case Officer. These will be in the form of statements like They are basically statements written in your GCMS notes. As an example, check images 1,2 and 3 in my google drive . 1 shows the officer's notes. 2 and 3 are for security assessments where all or a portion of the information is redacted.

Your medicals have expired - You might have to submit another medical if asked. Usually, in cases such as these, IRCC have extended the validity of the medical test AFAIK without having the applicant to do another one.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
You should find something more detailed. When did you order your GCMS notes? If you scroll towards the end of the pdf, you would find detailed notes there from Program Assistant and Case Officer. These will be in the form of statements like They are basically statements written in your GCMS notes. As an example, check images 1,2 and 3 in my google drive . 1 shows the officer's notes. 2 and 3 are for security assessments where all or a portion of the information is redacted.

Your medicals have expired - You might have to submit another medical if asked. Usually, in cases such as these, IRCC have extended the validity of the medical test AFAIK without having the applicant to do another one.
Note 1:

---
Note 2:

Text: Status inquiry received from PA via CSC. Confirmed that file is currently awaiting officer review.
-------
Note 4:
Text:
Crase Analyst: recommend passed Lock -in date: .........
I make the following recommendation..
---
Met R75
met R76
appears met fsw points total 72 ready to finalize
RPRF: comeplete

and then there are 1 page informing about my CRS score
integrated search
marital status
expreience
and....
----------
Activity: 1
Sub-activity/activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
Field Name: Status
New Value: Recommend Passed
Office: CPC- Ottawa
--------------
Application: 1
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Field Name: Primary Office
Action: Updated
Old Value: CPC-Ottawa
New Value: Paris
Offie:CPC-Ottawa
----------------

I guess I have passed Eligibility and Criminality & there's another Step: SECURITY

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Note 1:

---
Note 2:

Text: Status inquiry received from PA via CSC. Confirmed that file is currently awaiting officer review.
-------
Note 4:
Text:
Crase Analyst: recommend passed Lock -in date: .........
I make the following recommendation..
---
Met R75
met R76
appears met fsw points total 72 ready to finalize
RPRF: comeplete

and then there are 1 page informing about my CRS score
integrated search
marital status
expreience
and....
----------
Activity: 1
Sub-activity/activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
Field Name: Status
New Value: Recommend Passed
Office: CPC- Ottawa
--------------
Application: 1
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Field Name: Primary Office
Action: Updated
Old Value: CPC-Ottawa
New Value: Paris
Offie:CPC-Ottawa
----------------

I guess I have passed Eligibility and Criminality & there's another Step: SECURITY
Well the security step is not very transparent in the notes, you'll really have to pay attention to the admissibility section (there are separate pages in the notes that talk about that). Do you at all see a note about A11.2 'Met' or 'Passed' in your notes? It is strange that you don't see that part. A11.2 is the minimum eligibility criteria (MEC check) - This verifies if you have picked the correct NOC and your responsibilities in the reference letter is tallied with the responsibilities listed under the NOC among other things.

I wish you good luck - Keep us posted about the progress and hope they resume normal processing of applications in the near future.

Last edited: