+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Mission.Canada

Jan 15, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am the primary applicant of my EE profile. I have got my ECA. Just wondering do I need to get ECA for my wife as well. Or can I apply without getting ECA certificate for her education and select WES verified as NO?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am the primary applicant of my EE profile. I have got my ECA. Just wondering do I need to get ECA for my wife as well. Or can I apply without getting ECA certificate for her education and select WES verified as NO?
If you are claiming points for her then you need to get ECA for spouse also.

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

It is optional for spouse. You can however get ECA for her and claim points on the same.

Mission.Canada

Jan 15, 2016
Please let me know the field of study for my wife education.

1. BSc - Computer Science (although computer s ience is not mentioned anywhere on th degree)

2. MSc - Mathematics

3. B. Ed

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Mine expires Jan 19. But increasing english is the only option to boost my score at this moment. :(
We need to wait a little while. Our score is not that bad. Hoping to receive the ITA before June. Ray of hope, right? with a mix of patience :)

Last edited:

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
We need to wait a little while. Our score is not that bad. Hoping to receive the ITA before June. Ray of hope, right? with a mix of patience :)
Agree. :) I want to wait by April to see how the trend is going and will decide to take an exam or not. By any chance, are you looking at PNP as an alternative?

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
I have a question regarding which degree i should use for application.
My bachelors: Mechanical engineering
Masters: Petroleum Engineering
My work experience: Mechanical industry (Construction)
Please advise on which degree i should apply for express entry.
Is it necessary to have the same experience as the degree you use for application?
I will get extra points for master's degree but do let me know if you have had this situation and suggest what to do.
Education and the job field don't need to match. You can get ECA for both the Bachelors and Masters and fill out the EE profile with both.

CanadaPR_455

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,

I have a question. I recently created an Express Entry profile. But I am confused about the NOC code. I am a software engineer/programmer and into IT but with a BTech degree in Electronics & Telecommunications. So initially I selected NOC 2173 (Software engineers and designers). But there is another NOC 2174 (Computer programmers & Interactive media developers).

Though the job duties are similar but the employment requirement are different.

While NOC 2173 states:
  • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
NOC 2174 states:
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Link:
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2173
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2174

So my question is, being from Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering background, which NOC code will be appropriate for me. Also does the educational background plays a vital role in selecting NOC code.

Please guide me in this as currently I have NOC 2173 in my express entry profile.

Thanks in advance.

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Mine expires Jan 19. But increasing english is the only option to boost my score at this moment. :(
We may need to wait a little while. U
Agree. :) I want to wait by April to see how the trend is going and will decide to take an exam or not. By any chance, are you looking at PNP as an alternative?
I actually received OINP and it got expired last month. Looking at the trend for the first few months of the year, I decided to take direct ITA via EE except for the spike of 456. I just hope I wont regret rejecting the NOI for the rest of my life.

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
We may need to wait a little while. U

I actually received OINP and it got expired last month. Looking at the trend for the first few months of the year, I decided to take direct ITA via EE except for the spike of 456. I just hope I wont regret rejecting the NOI for the rest of my life.
Honestly, I would choose the same as you if I were in your shoes. 444 is a very likely point that can be reached out pretty much soon. I do pray for you and me to have a happy news soon. :)

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi all,

Need help with Work permit visa, I have got a job offer from an employer in AB, CA. Need help with filing my documents to Visa office in India.

CIC site have a different list of docs but Work permit instruction for Visa Office Instructions for: Bengaluru, Chandigarh, New Delhi as different.

For all Work Permit applications:
Evidence that you meet the requirements of the job offered:
 Proof of Education: Certificate, Diploma or Degrees including mark sheets;
 Proof of work experience: Copies of appointment letters and relieving letters from your current and previous employers, copies of salary slips and form 16; bank statements. Letters of reference must outline the duration and specific nature of your employment, including your exact duties on the job. Note: Contact name, address and phone numbers should be provided.
Proof of personal funds, including income tax returns for the past two years, bank statements or books from the past three months. Property documents or other proof of income or investments.

Can some one share what all is really required ?

As i can not get Letters of reference from current employer till i get my visa :)

Any leads will be appreciated.

Note: I have LRWS - 8.5,7,6,7 so CRS is not upto for getting into Express Entry as of now.
Finally I got 8.5,8,7,7 change on route now.

CRS with a job offer is 442, guys :-

1. when can u expect ITA ?
2. With a job offer from AB, are there chances I can get a Ontario call ?

Neha@16

Mar 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a small query. If someone is able to guide me, I'll be really grateful.

It is regarding settlement funds. I am the principal applicant and would be going with my spouse and kid as and when I receive the ITA. Score is 446. However, I do not have necessary funds required for 3 people in my savings account balance or term deposits. My husband's general provident fund (government fund) adequately covers the fund requirement. Will this be accepted by the Canadian authorities or is it necessary that only the principal applicant's account should have the required balance.

Please guide me on how to go about the settlement funds as I am expecting ITA in the near future seeing the current trends.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a small query. If someone is able to guide me, I'll be really grateful.

It is regarding settlement funds. I am the principal applicant and would be going with my spouse and kid as and when I receive the ITA. Score is 446. However, I do not have necessary funds required for 3 people in my savings account balance or term deposits. My husband's general provident fund (government fund) adequately covers the fund requirement. Will this be accepted by the Canadian authorities or is it necessary that only the principal applicant's account should have the required balance.

Please guide me on how to go about the settlement funds as I am expecting ITA in the near future seeing the current trends.
Spouse funds are also acceptable but not provident fund. Spouse bank statements, fixed deposits are acceptable. If still short on funds you can have parents transfer funds to your account and get a gift deed made.