+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
How soon is soon? :/ Maybe just maybe, I should try complying the required documents now and crossing my fingers to recieve ITA on the next draw (sitting at 444) I dont want to re do IELTS due to financial constraints.
I think complying your documents at this stage will be a wise thing to do. I have not created an Express Entry profile for my wife yet and I have complied 80% of her documents already in anticipation of getting into the pool and receivin ITA early based on score at 447 points.

Reactions: dreamlover

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
How soon is soon? :/ Maybe just maybe, I should try complying the required documents now and crossing my fingers to recieve ITA on the next draw (sitting at 444) I dont want to re do IELTS due to financial constraints.
If you think you can submit your application before it expires, then you probably don't need to retake it. So, yeah, compile all required documents you will need after ITA so you can be ready to submit ASAP.

Reactions: dreamlover

Shinegrg20

May 3, 2017
Hello hope 2018,
One more query,
For my spouse she was working in Ministry of health saudi arabia march 2010 to dec 2011. Whether she needs PCC from saudi as it is around 7years before. Now she is working in kuwait. In the document checklist they ask for pcc. Somebody told me only upto 5 years needed.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello hope 2018,
One more query,
For my spouse she was working in Ministry of health saudi arabia march 2010 to dec 2011. Whether she needs PCC from saudi as it is around 7years before. Now she is working in kuwait. In the document checklist they ask for pcc. Somebody told me only upto 5 years needed.
That is not correct, you need a PCC for any country where you have stayed for more than 6 months in a row in the last 10 years.
Check the official infirmation here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s07

Harshitagupta

Jun 20, 2017
If your company is ready to give 3 separate letters based on the role and location, you can upload them separately else you can upload the same document. Make sure the letter includes everything that cic asks for in the experience letter.
Thanks for your response. Will it be better if i put only India as country in work history, because my base location has always been India. I was only deployed on a project in another country. Moreover, in the original application submitted before ITA i have mentioned only India. Will this change impact anything or confuse the officer ?
The location history is anyway mentioned in the employement ref letter . pls suggest

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Thanks for your response. Will it be better if i put only India as country in work history, because my base location has always been India. I was only deployed on a project in another country. Moreover, in the original application submitted before ITA i have mentioned only India. Will this change impact anything or confuse the officer ?
The location history is anyway mentioned in the employement ref letter . pls suggest
I would recommend specifying the location based on where you were working and not just on the base location. If the same letter contains all the 3 work locations along with the job description and other details that cic needs, then go ahead and upload the same letter 3 times. IMO, it might be confusing if you specify only your base location in work history but specify Brazil in your personal and travel history, since you'll have to fill in the Brazil address in the Address History section. Hope it makes sense now.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I just got a LMIA-exempt ( intra company transfer, NOC Skill A) work permit through my company. I was wondering if I'll get additional 50 points in CRS for a valid job offer now or do I get those 50 only after I work for an year on NEW work permit OR PAST WorkPermit/experience will help .

Considering below situation - If I want to claim 50 points
1 - have worked in Canada for 2 years in the past ( say 1 year ago ) with NOC A and LMIA exempt (Intra-company transfer) Work Permit for Same employer.
2 - Now after 1 year I came back to Canada with NOC A and LMIA exempt (intra-company transfer) Work Permit again for Same Employer, new work permit is valid for two years approx.

Should CIC give me 50 points ?

Sam_Malhotra

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
hello Everyone,

My 1 year experience is going to be completed in June 2018, as i started in June 2017. I applied for work permit on 1 st June 2017 and started job after that but my work permit came on august 2018. So when should i consider my work experience on august or on June ?
Currently i am sitting at 445 crs. Please help guys.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Everyone,

My 1 year experience is going to be completed in June 2018, as i started in June 2017. I applied for work permit on 1 st June 2017 and started job after that but my work permit came on august 2018. So when should i consider my work experience on august or on June ?
Currently i am sitting at 445 crs. Please help guys.
June.

NSWriter

Jun 22, 2015
Hi all, we (myself and spouse) have just got to the stage of having our Express Entry profile set up (we've instructed Abrahms and Krochak) and our CRS looks to be around the 370 point. Is it pointless holding out much hope of getting an ITA? We've got max IELTS scores and one aunt in Canada, but we're older - both over 45 years. We're in the UK.

Feeling a bit disheartened I think! I can't see 370 getting us very far! Any advice would be great.

rio-ottawa

Mar 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
NOC Code......
Hi all, we (myself and spouse) have just got to the stage of having our Express Entry profile set up (we've instructed Abrahms and Krochak) and our CRS looks to be around the 370 point. Is it pointless holding out much hope of getting an ITA? We've got max IELTS scores and one aunt in Canada, but we're older - both over 45 years. We're in the UK.

Feeling a bit disheartened I think! I can't see 370 getting us very far! Any advice would be great.
The only hope if PNP, I think...
OINP for example, if you learn frech, you can get a NOI.

Last edited:

kamranrajput

Apr 1, 2018
Hello everyone,
I've a question below, if anyone can answer it, please do it, i'll be very thankful.

My WES report showing CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY as below:

"Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (three years)"

I just want to know how many points i'll get based on above summary in Federal skilled workers (Express Entry)?

According to my understanding, i'll get 22 points as per this education:
"Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three years)"

Am I right? Please help me.

Thanks.