+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Shinegrg20

May 3, 2017
Hello guys,
I'm an indian working in kuwait MOH· now im in india for vacation until april 13.I have a query. Can I take PCC from india now or from indian embassy in kuwait after I reach to kuwait after my vacation

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello guys,
I'm an indian working in kuwait MOH· now im in india for vacation until april 13.I have a query. Can I take PCC from india now or from indian embassy in kuwait after I reach to kuwait after my vacation
As India is not your current country of residence, you should take only once you leave the country. Only from country of residence (Kuwait in your case) you can take PCC while still there (as long as it was issued within last 6 months).

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
My company has changed their office. Do i need to inform CIC about it.? If yes then how.?
Is it just the physical location which is changed or other things like contact number etc as well? Ideally if there is a deviation from what is there in your employer letter, you should inform CIC as they might try and reach out to them for BG checks.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Currently sitting at 444 and IELTS will expire on June. Do I need to re-do my IELTS ASAP? please advise
It needs to be valid when you submit your application, so it depends on how fast you can have all your documents ready once you get an ITA.
Personally, I would register to take it again, just in case.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Currently my CRS is 416, and I want to increase it by doing some post graduate diploma course by correspondence or distance. Any college/university which is UGC approve will do or I need to look for something else as well, just to make sure it will be WES recognized?
There are around 3-4 PG Diplomas which you can apply at Punjabi University Patiala Distance Education department (in case you live in India).
This one year course can improve your CRS.

Rashim

Nov 21, 2017
Is it just the physical location which is changed or other things like contact number etc as well? Ideally if there is a deviation from what is there in your employer letter, you should inform CIC as they might try and reach out to them for BG checks.
There is a change in physical location only.. How should I inform CIC about it.?

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
S
It needs to be valid when you submit your application, so it depends on how fast you can have all your documents ready once you get an ITA.
Personally, I would register to take it again, just in case.
So you're saying the validity is until you receive the AOR? When it expires after AOR, that should still be acceptable? Correct me if Im wrong.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
S

So you're saying the validity is until you receive the AOR? When it expires after AOR, that should still be acceptable? Correct me if Im wrong.
This is what CIC says (Emphasis mine):

We will use the test results as proof of your language skills.

Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you:

• complete your Express Entry profile
  • apply for permanent residence
The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/language-requirements/language-testing.html

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
This is what CIC says (Emphasis mine):

We will use the test results as proof of your language skills.

Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you:

• complete your Express Entry profile
  • apply for permanent residence
The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/language-requirements/language-testing.html
How soon is soon? :/ Maybe just maybe, I should try complying the required documents now and crossing my fingers to recieve ITA on the next draw (sitting at 444) I dont want to re do IELTS due to financial constraints.