+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

rahulmerh

Dec 24, 2016
Has anyone passed out of Karnataka State Open University Mysore, please share me the transcripts details to my email rahul.merh@gmail.com.
I need to see the attestation so that I can confirm if mine is also correct. I got it done through third party.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Has anyone passed out of Karnataka State Open University Mysore, please share me the transcripts details to my email rahul.merh@gmail.com.
I need to see the attestation so that I can confirm if mine is also correct. I got it done through third party.
i think i just replied on your query. Did you open your envelope?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi fellow aspirants!

I have a query.

Is it okay that the PCC is 4 months old while replying for PR post getting ITA?
A PCC is valid for one year in India. But, it purely depends which nation's PCC you are talking here.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
PCC is from Delhi, India
As far as I know, PCC in INDIA is also valid for 1 year. So, you should not face any problem.

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi...to increase my points i have done post graduate diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA - 1 Year) via distance education mode. I hope that WES will recognize distance education diplomas. I have done the BTECH and it is already evaluated by WES in 2014. I am doing this part time diploma from Swami Vivekanand Shubharti University. It is recognized by UGC. But the University is not issuing me transcripts. So can i take the photo copied of the marksheets and can get it attested from the university and mail those in a sealed envelope. Will that be acceptable by WES ?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi...to increase my points i have done post graduate diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA - 1 Year) via distance education mode. I hope that WES will recognize distance education diplomas. I have done the BTECH and it is already evaluated by WES in 2014. I am doing this part time diploma from Swami Vivekanand Shubharti University. It is recognized by UGC. But the University is not issuing me transcripts. So can i take the photo copied of the marksheets and can get it attested from the university and mail those in a sealed envelope. Will that be acceptable by WES ?
First check your degree evaluation through:

https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/poe.asp

And if your university is not providing transcripts, take that in writing by registrar along with the attested documents, then explain this situation to WES. They might accept.

Jun 6, 2017
My wife & I have submitted our application in Dec 2017 and it is under process. My wife is Primary Applicant. Now, her passport is going to expire in June 2018 and the application contains details of her current passport. Should she go for passport renewal at this point or wait for application to get processed? There are multiple scenarios:
  • Let's say the application processing gets completed sometime between now and before her passport expiry. Then we wouldn't have enough time to wind up and fly to Canada before passport expiry. Also, won't it create problem at immigration is passport is about to expire when travelling
  • We apply for passport renewal now and she gets new passport before application processing gets completed. What will happen in that scenario?
Please give suggestion.

shammi86

Mar 22, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone....I have a query regarding proof of status of sibling. My brother is a canadian citizen and I am claiming that points in my express entry profile.

For providing a proof of status of my brother, can I use scan of his canadian passport, or is citizenship certificate the only valid proof?

Thanks..

Mar 22, 2018
I am confused about counting my work experience. The first 6 years does not match with my educational background, it's because I did my graduation & MA in Linguistics and start working in Sales & Marketing field as a sales officer. Later I did an MBA in Marketing and switched to another company as an Assistant Regional Manager and working almost for 2 years. Question is, should I count the whole 8 years or only last 2 years after finishing MBA.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi everyone....I have a query regarding proof of status of sibling. My brother is a canadian citizen and I am claiming that points in my express entry profile.

For providing a proof of status of my brother, can I use scan of his canadian passport, or is citizenship certificate the only valid proof?

Thanks..
Passport should be fine.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I am confused about counting my work experience. The first 6 years does not match with my educational background, it's because I did my graduation & MA in Linguistics and start working in Sales & Marketing field as a sales officer. Later I did an MBA in Marketing and switched to another company as an Assistant Regional Manager and working almost for 2 years. Question is, should I count the whole 8 years or only last 2 years after finishing MBA.

Showing three yrs of work experience will get you maximum points. Since your first job lasted six yrs it should be enough to get you all the points for work experience. There's no need to show the second job. Make sure you pick an NOC that matches the first one.

Sam_Malhotra

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi Everyone

I am working as a mechanical estimator in one company my field of study was medical but now am doing this job from around 10 months. I have given ielts also with 7 bands. My score is 445 after makng 1 year of experience ? Can i expect an ITA after 2 months ?

Mar 22, 2018
Showing three yrs of work experience will get you maximum points. Since your first job lasted six yrs it should be enough to get you all the points for work experience. There's no need to show the second job. Make sure you pick an NOC that matches the first one.
Thank you Mr. prpurohit. That means, one's experience and the field of study do not need to match for Express Entry. As far as I find out, my experiences matches with 0601 of the NOC. can u please help me in this case?