Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
1. List of relatives. Is the spouse to be mentioned? Its already mentioned in detail as the dependent.

2. During upload of educational documents, is the WES Report to be attached along with the degree/diploma copies?

3. Are marriage ceritificates/licenses to be notarized/signed by any authority? Is an electronic copy available from the govt website sufficient? The photos on the certificate are already bad quality ( bad govt office scanners to blame) and scanning a signed copy of the already bad photos produce a pixelated kind of image. is an electronic copy ok?

4. I would be requiring PCC of India as well as Qatar. For Qatar PCC, I would have to attest the Indian PCC first from Qatar Foreign Affairs Ministry and then submit it for Qatar PCC. Is it ok for an attestation mark to be there on the Indian PCC?

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi Srushti,

When I referred to the SFO Indian consulate website fro PCC documents. It has listed the following documents as required:
1. Original Passport
2. Miscellaneous Application Form
3. Copies of Indian passport
4. Proof of your US Visa Status (I-20)
5. Proof of current US residence address: US Driving License or Electricity Bill
6. Personal Particulars Proforma with Photo attached.

Supporting Documents: Photocopy of all supporting documents should be notarized and attached to the application. Do not send any original documents except the PASSPORTand the document to be attested.

There is note saying "relevant and valid visa pages, green card copy, address proof in the US are to be notarized if applications are sent by mail". I wanted to know, if these are all the documents I need to send? IS it mandatory to send Passport? Your advice would help me in sending the document quickly.

Thank you !
Hi,

Hope you have figured it out. Even i'm confused about their instructions. Why are they talking about notarizing passport copy if original has to be mailed to them?

"Copies of Indian passport and other documents issued in India need not be notarized but only self-attested"

Besides, does one need to mail in expired passport as well?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
1. List of relatives. Is the spouse to be mentioned? Its already mentioned in detail as the dependent.

2. During upload of educational documents, is the WES Report to be attached along with the degree/diploma copies?

3. Are marriage ceritificates/licenses to be notarized/signed by any authority? Is an electronic copy available from the govt website sufficient? The photos on the certificate are already bad quality ( bad govt office scanners to blame) and scanning a signed copy of the already bad photos produce a pixelated kind of image. is an electronic copy ok?

4. I would be requiring PCC of India as well as Qatar. For Qatar PCC, I would have to attest the Indian PCC first from Qatar Foreign Affairs Ministry and then submit it for Qatar PCC. Is it ok for an attestation mark to be there on the Indian PCC?
Hi,
1) No. Mention your parents and siblings.
2) Yes.
3) The original document is required, so if this is considered an original then you will be good.
4) What you can do is get the Indian PCC then get scan it before any marks are added. All you will need to submit is the scanned document.

Regards

Reactions: prais3jos3ph

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
Hi,
1) No. Mention your parents and siblings.
2) Yes.
3) The original document is required, so if this is considered an original then you will be good.
4) What you can do is get the Indian PCC then get scan it before any marks are added. All you will need to submit is the scanned document.

Regards
Regarding Q.3, the electronic copy mentions that it can be used for official purposes. I suppose that should be fine ?

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

When I created my EE profile, under work experience, I stated 2 companies; my current one which I'm claiming points for and my previous company which I'm not claiming points for.
The main reason I included my previous organization is only because its one of the 'BIG FOUR' audit firms in the world and I thought including that would infuse a small level of confidence for the Immigration officer on my credibility of skills.

I have obtained a ref letter from that organization. however, few details such as supervisor's details and pay stubs are missing and I do not think I will be able to obtain them.

my question is, should I remove it and include it only in the personal history category? Or can I simply upload whatever, docs I have for the experience in that organization as I'm not claiming any points for that, the immigration officer can ignore the fact that there are no sufficient docs

jason2006

May 13, 2017
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Guys,

Anyone has an idea of how CIC would verify the employment experience? I worked for a small company for 3 years, but my manager (the person CIC would contact) is a senior, speak little English and is not good at communicating formalities (duties, employment details). I worry she would provide inappropriate answers which may affects my application.

Regards,

Jason

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Guys,

Anyone has an idea of how CIC would verify the employment experience? I worked for a small company for 3 years, but my manager (the person CIC would contact) is a senior, speak little English and is not good at communicating formalities (duties, employment details). I worry she would provide inappropriate answers which may affects my application.

Regards,

Jason
Hi,

Don't worry, if your documents are in order they will most likely not call your employer. However, if they do call and have a communication challenge, they can find another officer who speaks her language.

Regards

CanGuy03

Dec 6, 2016
Folks, anyone working on or has got LMIA or job offer. Given my situation (largely due to my age), there's no option but to look for a job offer which needs to be through an LMIA generally. However going through the updates to the program in Nov 2016, there are changes including some that do not require a LMIA positive job offer. That means for some categories of candidates, a job offer valid for a year is good enough. The details are listed here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/exempt.asp

Extract:
<<<<<
exempt for “Canadian interests” reasons:
  1. “significant benefit” – if your employer can prove you will bring an important social, cultural, and/or economic benefit to Canada. This can include:
    1. general: Self-employed engineers, technical workers, creative and performing artists, etc.
    2. workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience
    3. workers under Mobilité francophone
>>>>>
My questions:
1. On #1 : what does self employed engineers or technical workers refers to? Does it refer to a person who is willing to come there and work as a consultant (contractor) and is hence deemed to be self employed? In that case, does an offer letter to work on contract without LMIA fulfill this condition?
2. On #2 : If there's a company registered in Canada in which I am a partner and Director (but operations of the company haven't yet taken off in Canada) help show this? I am also a Director/Partner for the same company registered in another country with a 3 year history of tax/returns? Can I show a transfer from that company? I think it has to be an intra-company transfer for a Canada registered company but am curious to find more

Look forward to inputs from anyone who has gone through this and has pointers. Thanks!!!

mkoushik0730

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hi Friends.
I received ITA and now in the process of filling up the Online Application form. I need your advise regarding Medical.

My family (spouse + kid) not accompanying this time. Do I have to do our medical (myself+spouse+kid) upfront form the panel physicians before submitting our applications ? OR I have to wait from CIC for further instructions?

Please advice.

Thanks!

Theone1988

Mar 7, 2017
Hi guys. Quick question. I have my reference letter with all informations requested. Do I also have to furnish pay stubs?

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
Hi,
Just woke up to see that the document checklist for me has being updated following the two day maintenance cic was doing. One new checklist for me is proof that my sister resides in canada and an example of the document to show is a copy of bank statement or utility bill showing the relative's address. Now previous to them updating the checklist, I tried collecting my sister's bank statement and she said that it has her old address and that she cannot give me because she doesn't want her sensitive information out there like that. She then gave me her cell phone bills which has her current address on it and a letter from her employer saying she's employed by the company and works out of their vancouver office.

Now, I don't know if I can use these two documents as my proof that she resides in canada given that its not one of the example documents stated in checklist. I also don't know if cell phone bills count as utility bills in canada because I know generally utility bills are normally gas and electric. I also tried to get gas or electric bill from her but she lives with a friend and the gas/electric bills as well as the lease are all in her friend's name since she's the renter of the house.

Am curious to know from anyone who has gone through this process and has a relative who is permanently residing in canada, what documents they sent as proof of their relative residing in canada and whether or not the documents i currently have for this is okay.

Last edited:

Poojas

Jun 8, 2017
Hey guys, I need to ask a question, I have received my AOR on 27.04.2017 and I have already paid my RPRF fee in every thread I keep reading that their medical test is done and RPRF fee is being paid, while all my procedures have been filed and uploaded on the CIC website post which I received the AOR, does this mean that my verification is complete and if not do they let us know what stage is the verification at as there is no time stamping in this process. also how much time do you reckon It will take for them to issue a PR and request for my passport for stamping.