+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

KNIGHTRIDER14

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
hi guys,
AOR 30 march
FSWO stream
i received an IMM5562 (travel history form) before medicals was passed.after uploading the form my Background changed to in progress.my question is is it normal my medicals hasnt passed but background have changed??? Help will be much appreciated.Cheers!!

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
An
This forum is wonderful, I was thinking if members can help me with my situation regarding personal History section.
I completed my bachelor of commerce in May 2012, after that I started my Indian Chartered Accountancy Internship/Articleship which continued till April 2015, this articleship is a part of study that is mandatory requirement to complete the Indian CA. However after April 2015, I finished my articleship and did not persue my Indian Chartered Accountancy and started working full time on a job.
So the period of internship from May 2012 to April 2015 should be employed, study or what under personal History?
Any help will be so much appreciated

Thanks
Anyone please tell me

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
hi guys,
AOR 30 march
FSWO stream
i received an IMM5562 (travel history form) before medicals was passed.after uploading the form my Background changed to in progress.my question is is it normal my medicals hasnt passed but background have changed??? Help will be much appreciated.Cheers!!
Hi,

The people who process medicals are separate from those who process your application. Your medicals go to a Regional Medical Office whereas your PR application goes to the Central Intake Office. So it is possible for your application to progress before medicals have passed.

Regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
An

Anyone please tell me
Only you can really know the answer to this. If you were on a paid contract with benefits then it was employment, but if you were not paid or on an allowance it is study.
This doesnt have much of an impact on your application since it is in personal history. So whether you call it work or study no evidence is required.

regards

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Only you can really know the answer to this. If you were on a paid contract with benefits then it was employment, but if you were not paid or on an allowance it is study.
This doesnt have much of an impact on your application since it is in personal history. So whether you call it work or study no evidence is required.

regards
TanakaM thank you for your reply... This is the first reply I have got. Actually it was part time study and part time work with very very little pay in form of stipend , so I am putting it as WORK since I won't be claiming any point for neither study part or work part and give LOE to officer. How do I give you +1

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
TanakaM thank you for your reply... This is the first reply I have got. Actually it was part time study and part time work with very very little pay in form of stipend , so I am putting it as WORK since I won't be claiming any point for neither study part or work part and give LOE to officer. How do I give you +1
Sounds good to me.

For +1 you just click like in the bottom right corner.:)

Best of luck

Reactions: khalidr

Ali88r

Aug 4, 2016
Iraq
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
Help needed please,
I've gotten my ITA a month or so now, I'm a Dentist I have worked for the same organization since I graduated in 2011 till now yet I had a study leave from September 2015 to august 2016 to complete my master in England, so should this be two entries in the work history tab or only one!? I have received my reference letter from my employer and they mention in it that I had taken a study leave for the same period mentioned above, so if I should separate my work history to before the study leave and after it this means, I'll need to submit two reference letters later on or can I just submit one.

QUOTE="rajkamalmohanram, post: 4915358, member: 556915"]<<< This post is straight from my blog. I thought it would be better to have a copy on the forum too>>>

I wanted to write this post for people who are planning to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada through the Express Entry system. This post would serve as a guide and explain what the process is like, what to expect and what NOT to do when you apply.

I shall update this post from time to time to keep up with the updates that CIC would be throwing at us! I will do my best to keep this post up to date and to keep all the information in this post valid and correct. This post is intended for anyone who wants to get a glimpse of how the process works.

Pooja Dalvi

Feb 20, 2017
Hi,
I am 26 Years Old
My CRS score is 420, IELTS-CLB7.
I have completed my BCom and then PGDM in Human Resource Management.
I have in all two years of work experience.
But i do not qualify for express entry.
My first query is that should i count both my degrees for the Express entry points calculation (as ECA reoprt will be for both the degrees) or should i only consider my highest degree.
If i do not qualify, is there any other resource to apply for PR.

Kindly resolve my doubts.
Thanks
Pooja

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
H
Hi,
I am 26 Years Old
My first query is that should i count both my degrees for the Express entry points calculation (as ECA reoprt will be for both the degrees) or should i only consider my highest degree.

Thanks
Pooja
Hi Pooja,
Based on the details you have given about yourself, I feel you are not yet qualified for the FSW point requirement,which is 67, so I would suggest you to re take IELTS and increase your score, once you qualify under FSW, you will receive ITA hopefully with that score.
Let seniors also pour in their suggestion.

Good luck

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Help needed please,
I've gotten my ITA a month or so now, I'm a Dentist I have worked for the same organization since I graduated in 2011 till now yet I had a study leave from September 2015 to august 2016 to complete my master in England, so should this be two entries in the work history tab or only one!? I have received my reference letter from my employer and they mention in it that I had taken a study leave for the same period mentioned above, so if I should separate my work history to before the study leave and after it this means, I'll need to submit two reference letters later on or can I just submit one.

QUOTE="rajkamalmohanram, post: 4915358, member: 556915"]<<< This post is straight from my blog. I thought it would be better to have a copy on the forum too>>>

I wanted to write this post for people who are planning to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada through the Express Entry system. This post would serve as a guide and explain what the process is like, what to expect and what NOT to do when you apply.

I shall update this post from time to time to keep up with the updates that CIC would be throwing at us! I will do my best to keep this post up to date and to keep all the information in this post valid and correct. This post is intended for anyone who wants to get a glimpse of how the process works.
Hi,

IMO, the fact that you were on 'study leave' means you were still employed. So you don't need to enter it as two entries in your employment history. However, if you choose to separate them you can just upload the same reference letter for both of periods of experience.

Best of luck

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
I am 26 Years Old

Thanks
Pooja
H

Hi Pooja,
Based on the details you have given about yourself, I feel you are not yet qualified for the FSW point requirement,which is 67, so I would suggest you to re take IELTS and increase your score, once you qualify under FSW, you will receive ITA hopefully with that score.
Let seniors also pour in their suggestion.

Good luck
I agree, language seems to be the problem here on the six selection factors: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
What are your exact IELTS scores?

-In your case you will be given points for having two or more post-secondary qualifications.

Regards

Reactions: khalidr

yuletide9

May 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-04-2017
Question regarding Address History:

In ITA address history section, "Apartment cell" only allows "number", what should I fill if the apartment is a combination of number and letter? Eg: APT 7E?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Question regarding Address History:

In ITA address history section, "Apartment cell" only allows "number", what should I fill if the apartment is a combination of number and letter? Eg: APT 7E?
Have you tried leaving it blank and write APT 7E in the second line?

yuletide9

May 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-04-2017
Have you tried leaving it blank and write APT 7E in the second line?
The second line is Street number, which is number only (n/a is ok, i have tried)... Or should I put it to Street Name line?...

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I don't think it really matters which lines you write in as long as the full address is written.