Express Entry in a nutshell

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JackMa said:
thanks my friend.
I am in a contract assignment in India. I have furnished an employment bond for this to my employer. Will it help?
i'm not 100% sure, i mean how long is the contract for ? if its less than a year it wont fly probably...

is that the only reason you are showing non accompanying or CRS score is higher without you in the original application

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
thestunner316 said:
i'm not 100% sure, i mean how long is the contract for ? if its less than a year it wont fly probably...

is that the only reason you are showing non accompanying or CRS score is higher without you in the original application
Thanks again :D . the fact is , I haven't appeared for language test , No ECA. Spouse was in pool for more than 1 year. Not expected that score will go this low. :( . It is also a fact that CRS score is higher without me in the original application.
Anyway my contract is for 3 years started in December, 2016. If I am quoting some family issues also, will it help.
I really need a counselling for this.

Regards

JackMa

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Hi guys,

My express entry profile had 430 points.
After my bday on 8th April, I saw the profile and it says 426 points
Can anyone help me understand this?

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a sister who currently resides in canada. One of the documents(aside PR card and birth certificate) to be submitted when ITA is received is a document from my sister to prove that she resides in Canada. Here's an excerpt from the cic site:

- Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.

Now, I asked my sister for utility bill and she says she doesn't have one. She says she has a phone bill though.

My question is, is the phone bill a sufficient document to show as proof of residence in Canada? Will CIC accept it?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
iverma said:
Hi guys,

My express entry profile had 430 points.
After my bday on 8th April, I saw the profile and it says 426 points
Can anyone help me understand this?
You lost points based on your age.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
omesanni said:
Hi Guys,

I have a sister who currently resides in canada. One of the documents(aside PR card and birth certificate) to be submitted when ITA is received is a document from my sister to prove that she resides in Canada. Here's an excerpt from the cic site:

- Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.

Now, I asked my sister for utility bill and she says she doesn't have one. She says she has a phone bill though.

My question is, is the phone bill a sufficient document to show as proof of residence in Canada? Will CIC accept it?
This should do, they just need bills confirming her address. In some cases a phone bill is actually a utility bill. So IMO you are good to go.

All the best

mohamelwy

Apr 4, 2017
Hey Guys,

I have received the ITA, and have some questions:

- My Bank statement shows well more than the amount needed by CIC, but it shows the regular installments of a LARGE LOAN that I used to acquire a piece of land (Can prove the purchase). Can that loan affect my situation negatively although I'm paying it regularly?

- I have a stock account of about that also has the amount needed for CIC, Can it be considered? Should I get the statement stamped? The financial entity is overseas!

please share your knowledge with me because this loan thing is my main concern now.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Gauravjit

Mar 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys
I have recently received the ITA 5th april. But had applied for OINP human capital stream on march 22nd and paid the 1500$ .
The current status in One-Key profile is set to 'Assessment'.

I want to go ahead with the ITA and not the OINP process as OINP will take time.

Can you please advise what needs to be done ?

i) Should i withdraw the One-Key profile ? Should i write a mail to ontario immigration authority to cancel it out ?

ii) Will they refund the 1500$ ?

Any other advise is surely welcome. Need help

thanks in advance

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Hi!
I received my ITA recently and have applied for PCC from FBI. I also need PCC from Mexico.
CIC website says, if you're not citizen of Mexico and live outside of Mexico: "You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:". List of documents follows.

Does it mean that I need to first submit my PR application within 90 days of receiving ITA along with FBI PCC (if it comes on time) and then Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request PCC?
I'm not sure if I should do anything about Mexico PCC at this time. If I receive FBI PCC on say, 85th day, would it be too late for the Mexico PCC process to complete?

Thanks!

harshshrma119

Feb 9, 2016
Singapore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
readytosettle said:
Hi!
I received my ITA recently and have applied for PCC from FBI. I also need PCC from Mexico.
CIC website says, if you're not citizen of Mexico and live outside of Mexico: "You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:". List of documents follows.

Does it mean that I need to first submit my PR application within 90 days of receiving ITA along with FBI PCC (if it comes on time) and then Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request PCC?
I'm not sure if I should do anything about Mexico PCC at this time. If I receive FBI PCC on say, 85th day, would it be too late for the Mexico PCC process to complete?

Thanks!
From what I understand here, Canadian Embassy in Mexico, will request for PCC from Mexico Police on your behalf, So you don't have to worry about that part. Just submit your application as soon as you get the FBI PCC, and then wait for things to happen for you. Hope it helps. Thanks.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
mohamelwy said:
Hey Guys,

I have received the ITA, and have some questions:

- My Bank statement shows well more than the amount needed by CIC, but it shows the regular installments of a LARGE LOAN that I used to acquire a piece of land (Can prove the purchase). Can that loan affect my situation negatively although I'm paying it regularly?

if your bank statement proves you have enough fund for POF as required by CIC, even after the emi(s) are deducted .. there is nothing to worry.

- I have a stock account of about that also has the amount needed for CIC, Can it be considered? Should I get the statement stamped? The financial entity is overseas!

sure. as long as it can be liquidated (easily convertible to cash) you are good to go. Another source of POF everyone considers are FD receipts.

please share your knowledge with me because this loan thing is my main concern now.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
cmoncanada said:
You lost points based on your age.
Decrease in points is in multiple of 5 for increase in age. My points had to decrease but what I do not understand is why is there a reduction by 4 points?

readytosettle

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
USA
App. Filed.......
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
Hi All!
I received ITA on April 5. I'm at 433 points and cut-off of my draw was 431. I'll turn 30 in May. My PCC might not be ready until June. So, I can't apply for PR while I'm still 29.

My question is will I loose 5 points of age? Should I decline this ITA in hope that next draw would be < 428 and I would still be above cutoff after loosing 5 points for age?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
readytosettle said:
Hi All!
I received ITA on April 5. I'm at 433 points and cut-off of my draw was 431. I'll turn 30 in May. My PCC might not be ready until June. So, I can't apply for PR while I'm still 29.

My question is will I loose 5 points of age? Should I decline this ITA in hope that next draw would be < 428 and I would still be above cutoff after loosing 5 points for age?
You will lose 5 points but there is an exemption of refusal for applicant's whose birthday occurs between the ITA and submission of eAPR stages.

PortuGoan

Apr 9, 2017
thestunner316 said:
how much did you put in funds ? needs to be more than 13k i think
Thank you so much for your help. She made the simulation again with more than 13k$ and the result was the same "appear to be ineligible". Is it the IELTS test results? She should be eligible, she has above band 6 in every test module...

Grateful for all the help provided