+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
PortuGoan said:
Thank you so much for your help. She made the simulation again with more than 13k$ and the result was the same "appear to be ineligible". Is it the IELTS test results? She should be eligible, she has above band 6 in every test module...

Grateful for all the help provided
When you say Masters Degree recognized by WES, do you mean she has the ECA from WES for that degree?

PortuGoan

Apr 9, 2017
Yes Sir, correct! ECA issued by WES, 27 years old, IELTS results Listening-7 Reading-6,5 Writing-6,5 Speaking-6...do not understand why she appears to be ineligible

Maverick28 said:
When you say Masters Degree recognized by WES, do you mean she has the ECA from WES for that degree?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
PortuGoan said:
Yes Sir, correct! ECA issued by WES, 27 years old, IELTS results Listening-7 Reading-6,5 Writing-6,5 Speaking-6...do not understand why she appears to be ineligible
Are her IELTS results less than 2 years old?

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
Fixed appointment for Medical. Got this email in appointment email. What does the immigration identification number mean, where do I get it from? thanks.

You must bring your passport, one passport photo, cash payment and any communications you have with the immigration service.

For Australian Immigration: You must also bring to the appointment your immigration identification number (HAP ID, HRI or TRN).

For Canadian Immigration: You must also bring to the appointment your immigration identification number (IME, UCI or UMI).
​If you need up-front medical exam for Canadian Immigration, please email us prior to your visit with your last name, first name, gender, date of birth, place of birth, primary address, primary telephone number, email address, intended occupation and reason for travel (worker, family, visitor, or student), length of stay, passport number, passport issuing country, date of issue and date of expiry so we could enter those information ahead of time to facilitate your visit. We will provide you with the Information Sheet with UMI created at the end of the visit

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
prakash419 said:
Fixed appointment for Medical. Got this email in appointment email. What does the immigration identification number mean, where do I get it from? thanks.

You must bring your passport, one passport photo, cash payment and any communications you have with the immigration service.

For Australian Immigration: You must also bring to the appointment your immigration identification number (HAP ID, HRI or TRN).

For Canadian Immigration: You must also bring to the appointment your immigration identification number (IME, UCI or UMI).
​If you need up-front medical exam for Canadian Immigration, please email us prior to your visit with your last name, first name, gender, date of birth, place of birth, primary address, primary telephone number, email address, intended occupation and reason for travel (worker, family, visitor, or student), length of stay, passport number, passport issuing country, date of issue and date of expiry so we could enter those information ahead of time to facilitate your visit. We will provide you with the Information Sheet with UMI created at the end of the visit
Your medical is upfront, follow their instruction to send them email n take with u your ITA letter along with passports

james_in_007

Aug 6, 2014
hello Guys,

why do u want to apply for Canada , there are no jobs here . Come only if u r ready to do labour jobs.

There would be hidden discrimination(not on ur face) by companies in hiring you if u r are from Asia , whites gets priority in every job.

i moved here in 2015 and was a senior professional in INDIA with qualification from IIM but am doing labour jobs in warehouse ... what looks good may not be good ......i burnt my bridges before moving here so difficult to return
but guys think n apply only if u r ready for low jobs like cleaner/waiter/labor etc.

sincere advice.

pranavchauhan

Mar 7, 2015
Hello all!

I got an ITA in 58th draw with CRS score 439.

My question is, 1) what should we write under personal activity when we were on vacation and off from work of particular time period. I am working in Canada and was on vacation and out of canada in Jan and feb 2015. What should I include this under ?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Great@1

Apr 12, 2017
Hi,

I am a new joinee to this forum, and as I read the article its very useful.

I am at the 0th step of starting my immigration. And am getting confused. I want to get my educational qualification accessed now so started filling up the form for WES and its ready now with my educational details. Simultaneously I have applied for transcripts, now I will be going for IELTS within 15 days. I already have a score but its PTE and as I know its not acceptable for Canada, please confirm on this as well.

My question is am at right path ??? I am planning to submit my transcripts + IELTS scroes to WES within 1 month. Is the way I am going correct, any valuable suggestion tricks and tips welcome.

TIA.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
pranavchauhan said:
Hello all!

I got an ITA in 58th draw with CRS score 439.

My question is, 1) what should we write under personal activity when we were on vacation and off from work of particular time period. I am working in Canada and was on vacation and out of canada in Jan and feb 2015. What should I include this under ?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!
If you are on vacation you still remain employed so you do not mention this in personal history. It is covered by you employment record.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Great@1 said:
Hi,

I am a new joinee to this forum, and as I read the article its very useful.

I am at the 0th step of starting my immigration. And am getting confused. I want to get my educational qualification accessed now so started filling up the form for WES and its ready now with my educational details. Simultaneously I have applied for transcripts, now I will be going for IELTS within 15 days. I already have a score but its PTE and as I know its not acceptable for Canada, please confirm on this as well.

My question is am at right path ??? I am planning to submit my transcripts + IELTS scroes to WES within 1 month. Is the way I am going correct, any valuable suggestion tricks and tips welcome.

TIA.
Hi, welcome to the forum.

You are on the right track in the sense that you will need IELTS results and an assessment of your educational credentials before your create an EE profile. A few corrections though :

1)I do not know what PTE is but the accepted English language scores are IELTS and CLB.
2) WES does not require your IELTS scores. In most cases they want you to submit your certificates and for your transcripts to be sent to them directly from your universities. Use this tool to see what exactly will be needed in your individual case: http://www.wes.org/evaluations/preliminary.asp

All the best

pranavchauhan

Mar 7, 2015
TanakaM said:
If you are on vacation you still remain employed so you do not mention this in personal history. It is covered by you employment record.

All the best
Thank you, TanakaM ! Will your answer remain the same even if it was unpaid vacation ?

Appreciate your help!

anshuldhir

Aug 4, 2015
Hello Guys!

Indeed a great thread. Thanks for info.

I am using CRS Tool to ascertain points but getting confused at some points. i l detail my info here, it would be great if you guys help me sort out:

Me:
Never been to canada
Ielts: R 7 L 8 W 6.5 S 7.5
WES Done: Bachelors 4 years, one year diploma (post graduate)(Masters in Finance & Control)
Experience: 2006-2011 (Postal employee) Clerical cadre( Operational +Adminsitrative)
2011-Present: Proprietor Exuberant Financial services

Wife:
Was in canada August 2012- October 2014
Canadian study: Diploma HR 2012-2013 (one Year)
WES Done: Bachelors 4 Years
Experience: 8 Months at Staples (Calgary)
Ielts: R 6.5 L 8 W6 S7
Occupation & Experience: Training & Placement officer (College) April -2015- Present
2006-2012 (Postal Employee) (Clerical cadre) (Administrative-Personnel Management)
NOC 1241

At present Have a Baby!

Please guide :

1. WHo should be primary applicant? Me or Wife?
2. CRS Tool, Que No. 4:
For ME: Two or more certifiate programmes? ( AS Primary applicant)
For Wife: BAchelors or Two or more certificate programmes? (As primary applicant), Should 4a be answered as total no. of certificates i.e. canadian diploma+4 years ECA bachelors degree? (Confused here) ??? ??? ??? ???
3. A primary applicant can take work experience in only ONE NOC in which he/she is applying or can take total experience? And SPOUSE can take total work experience in ONE OR MORE NOCs( As mentioned in CRS TOOL? ??? ???

Guys! Please help getting this thing sorted.

Thanks In advance

Regards!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
pranavchauhan said:
Thank you, TanakaM ! Will your answer remain the same even if it was unpaid vacation ?

Appreciate your help!
Yes. Even if you were unemployed, it will be covered by your record of unemployment. You only have to mention it in your travel history.