+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Hassanawan1985

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

we can apply directly in PNP but why a province would nominate any one if they can get required people from express pool with high score ? I'd really love if anyone can share some facts which shows that people got PR with low score via PNP.

Once you submit a profile in express entry pool, can you update your profile ?e.g to your qualification, IELTS ( One can appear in exams for 2nd time to get better bands or awarded another degree).? If yes then is there any limit ?

Jan 17, 2017
In the best interest of all members who will be applying post ITA, can members who have received their visa share a copy of the employment letter submitted so we all get the right idea on the format and content of the letter. You may hide/ delete that section of the letter which is confidential pr personal but I think it will be very helpful for those who will be shortly applying for visa. Most grateful for any details shared. Just for info, I got my ITA on 01 March.

hopesarehigh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi seniors,

I am the PA. My wife has work experience outside canada. So while creating profile under spouse details I have mentioned she has no work history as it doesnt create any impact on my score. Will that be okay ?

Is there anything i need to be worried about or take care post ITA due to this ?

cgms1231

Mar 28, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am new here.
I just received an ITA last Wednesday (5th April) and I am worried if I should apply for PR or if I should decline the invitation.
I currently have 432 points, and I am scheduled to marry on the first week of June, which will make my CRS points drop to around 420. However, the planned change in CRS in June (awarding +15 points to those with siblings who are Canadian PR/Citizens) will again boost my points to 435.
Can you please advise on the best action to take on this case?

canadavisa0410

Aug 28, 2016
Hi all

I got my ITA on 24 March, still now haven't started doing the process.
I am on my study permit and my husband is on a spousal open work permit but he is not accompanying with me to apply for the PR.
We have a child who is in the home country, can apply for her PR along with mine even if my spouse is not coming with me?
Kindly provide your suggestions
Thank you

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi, I need an urgent help !!

I am preparing my EAPR and will be submitting asap.. Can anyone please let me know if i should upload a cv as well ? Another thing is i was unemployed for few months last year and now working with different NOC than the claimed one on EE application. Should i mention my current employment as it doesnt go with my actual NOC and i also not claiming any point for it ? A reply would be very helpful. Thanks.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
cgms1231 said:
Hello everyone!

I am new here.
I just received an ITA last Wednesday (5th April) and I am worried if I should apply for PR or if I should decline the invitation.
I currently have 432 points, and I am scheduled to marry on the first week of June, which will make my CRS points drop to around 420. However, the planned change in CRS in June (awarding +15 points to those with siblings who are Canadian PR/Citizens) will again boost my points to 435.

The best way would be submitting your EAPR asap and then get married. Then you can just raise a cse and let them know you got married.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KRahman said:
Hi, I need an urgent help !!

I am preparing my EAPR and will be submitting asap.. Can anyone please let me know if i should upload a cv as well ? Another thing is i was unemployed for few months last year and now working with different NOC than the claimed one on EE application. Should i mention my current employment as it doesnt go with my actual NOC and i also not claiming any point for it ? A reply would be very helpful. Thanks.
No need for cv.

You must mention the current employment in the personal history section.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
DelPiero07 said:
No need for cv.

You must mention the current employment in the personal history section.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't add the current employment history before getting the ITA. I just added the experience i am claiming points for. If i add the current employment now is it gonna raise any problem ? and then again will i be needing to show documents regarding my current job as well ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KRahman said:
Thanks for the reply. I didn't add the current employment history before getting the ITA. I just added the experience i am claiming points for. If i add the current employment now is it gonna raise any problem ? and then again will i be needing to show documents regarding my current job as well ?
Anything mentioned in the personal history section does not require proof.

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
Hi all,
I have question about PCC, we got our Indian PCC on February 2015. I never ever visited my home country since February 2012 and my wife Since February 2013. So all over we did not visit India after getting our PCC so can I use those PCC now? Please urgent

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
Hi,

I have a question regarding the employment letter. I have received my employment letter signed by the HR adviser on company letter head. Is it sufficient?. Does it have to be from the Head of HR department? Name of my supervisors are mentioned on the letter but their signatures are not provided.

Thank You.

tractorinio

Apr 5, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgms1231 said:
Hello everyone!

I am new here.
Here is what CIC says about that:

For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs CIC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.

If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs CIC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements. See below for details.
This may be useful for you (remove braces from the link) (www).(cic).gc.ca /english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

tractorinio

Apr 5, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgms1231 said:
Hello everyone!

I am new here.
that is not an advice but if I were you maybe I'd postpone the wedding up until moving to Canada :D
You can gain 435 points again if everything is as expected but keep in mind that the CRS point may go up (since you won't be the only one who will get +15) and you don't have the additional points to be safe, so you are risking with your chance to get PR at all

zshamim

Feb 7, 2016
SPOUSE WORK EXPERIENCE

I received ITA on 5th April and while completing application, it prompts for spouse work experience.
Is this mandatory as i am not claiming any points for spouse work experience .
However when i first created my CIC profile , i did mention her work experience could that be the reason?

Please suggest how to proceed ?

Thanks in Advance