+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

bomemtici

Mar 18, 2017
I am 43 yrs. Have experience in procurement of technical products.. I did my Mechanical Engineering in 1996 and have experience of 18yrs. I have 7 bands each in IELTS but by calculating the CRS online I could get only 305 and i have heard that chances are less with this. So can i increase the CRS?
Secondly whether i can apply for EE program?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
bomemtici said:
I am 43 yrs. Have experience in procurement of technical products.. I did my Mechanical Engineering in 1996 and have experience of 18yrs. I have 7 bands each in IELTS but by calculating the CRS online I could get only 305 and i have heard that chances are less with this. So can i increase the CRS?
Secondly whether i can apply for EE program?
Hi, you seem to meet the minimum requirements so you can create a profile. To increase your points you can try improve your language score to at least Listening 8 and 7 for Writing, Reading and Speaking. Or get a masters degree if you don't have one already. You can also look for a valid job offer or try getting provincial nomination. This will significantly increase your points.

Best of luck

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
Hi,

Just got my IELTS result yesterday and I was successful. I am now moving forward with the next stage of my application process. I have two questions though. One of them is relating to this:

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

From what is mentioned above, cic is saying we should get a letter from the bank stating accounts the applicant has and the average balance for the past 6months. The site does not make any mention about bank statements but I have been seeing a lot of people on this forum making mention about uploading bank statements. How do u upload 6months of bank statements?isn't this too much?

Also, from the link above it says that we should provide two passport photos and write name, dob, address of photographer etc at the back of one of the photos. I want to know whether the passport photos need to be scanned and uploaded or are they posted to cic? I have seen people on some forums saying they took the photo file itself from the photographer and uploaded it. But if u do that how do u write your name and d.o.b on the back?

Thanks

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
I have repeated IELTS and got following results, L9,R9, W6.5,S7. I got TRF today and I have challenged the results for writing. I tried to update my Express entry profile with new TRF form number, but surprisingly my eligible profile became ineligible.

Do I need to create another profile or I can rectify this profile with my OLD IELTS results??

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
omesanni said:
Hi,

Just got my IELTS result yesterday and I was successful. I am now moving forward with the next stage of my application process. I have two questions though. One of them is relating to this:

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

From what is mentioned above, cic is saying we should get a letter from the bank stating accounts the applicant has and the average balance for the past 6months. The site does not make any mention about bank statements but I have been seeing a lot of people on this forum making mention about uploading bank statements. How do u upload 6months of bank statements?isn't this too much?

Also, from the link above it says that we should provide two passport photos and write name, dob, address of photographer etc at the back of one of the photos. I want to know whether the passport photos need to be scanned and uploaded or are they posted to cic? I have seen people on some forums saying they took the photo file itself from the photographer and uploaded it. But if u do that how do u write your name and d.o.b on the back?

Thanks
Hi, congrats on successfully completing the IELTS test.

1) CIC does not require bank statements, just the letter(s) with the information detailed in you quote. However, the is not an easy letter to get as a number of banks stick to standard document and therefore refuse to provide it, or only provide some of the information. This is why you find a many people resort to submitting bank statements and providing a letter of explanation.

2) About the statement being too large, you can compress it using many software or websites e,g smallpdf.com

3) There are two instructions for photos. The one you have mentioned above is for the photos that are posted to CIC together with your passport once you receive a Passport request (PPR). The other photo is uploaded with other documents when you submit your application. This does not require any details, just the photo.

4) Since the requirement for the uploaded photo is that it is at least 35mm * 45mm and the printed photo is required to be 50mm *70mm, some choose to get the photograph at 50mm * 70mm, upload the soft copy and keep the print for PPR. This is ok if you get PPR within 6 months.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
anwar01 said:
I have repeated IELTS and got following results, L9,R9, W6.5,S7. I got TRF today and I have challenged the results for writing. I tried to update my Express entry profile with new TRF form number, but surprisingly my eligible profile became ineligible.

Do I need to create another profile or I can rectify this profile with my OLD IELTS results??
Hi,

The only thing that I think could cause that is putting a date that is more than 2 years old for IELTS. Make sure you have put the correct date of results. You don't have to create a new profile to update anything. If it's not that then I have no idea what it could be.

All the best

Hardit singh

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
I have completed my studies in JUNE 2014 and started working as school teacher in JANUARY 2016.
Will gap between june 2014 and jan 2016 be accepted in express entry?
Am i eligible? Please help

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

I am having problem to choose my NOC.I mean my Designation can be found but the issue is with my responsibilities.They don't match with my position.

Can anyone tell how to determine if they don't match main responsibilities?Also my department is half Technical and half Business Related,it is a combination hard to find.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Kind Regards
Lifehack

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Lifehack said:
Hi

I am having problem to choose my NOC.I mean my Designation can be found but the issue is with my responsibilities.They don't match with my position.

Can anyone tell how to determine if they don't match main responsibilities?Also my department is half Technical and half Business Related,it is a combination hard to find.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Kind Regards
Lifehack
Choose the NOC which is the most closest match.. And while preparing your reference letter include all the roles and responsibilities of that noc into your letter. You can add anything over and above that too.. As long as ur chosen NOC code's responsibilities are covered in your letter

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

The most of my responsibilities matches with 0131 Telecommunication Carrier Manager.

But I am not a Manager.The year of experience is only 3 years.The criteria in this particular NOC is said to have several years of Experience as Manager which I don't have. Also my company might not give me an experience letter with writing that Designation.

I know I should pick the one 2147 Computer Engineer but the responsibilities barely match maybe 40% whereas the 0131 it matches 80% or more except for the experience one.

I am so confused and worried which one to pick.

Regards
Lifehack

nv0411 said:
Choose the NOC which is the most closest match.. And while preparing your reference letter include all the roles and responsibilities of that noc into your letter. You can add anything over and above that too.. As long as ur chosen NOC code's responsibilities are covered in your letter

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hi Seniors, I am expecting to submit my application by the end of this week. I have a concern if anyone can help me.

1. Under personal history, I have my Canadian post secondary education mentioned already. Should I add the coop i did during that course?. If I add, should I include it as an education or employment?. (If I put it in an education I need to provide the degree or diploma i have earned or institution number and all).
2. I have been living in Canada from past 4 years, do I need to get Canadian PCC? Anyone had any experience by not providing that?.
3. In my personal history, all the part time jobs I am mentioning, should I include the T4s or pay-stubs for those jobs in documents anywhere?.

Thanks a lot.

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
Friend who have submitted their eAPR

how long would it take for the medical to get the first update, I took one 10 days ago and submitted my eAPR but still it says you do not need a medical in the under process application summary

Regards