+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
The bolded part is correct. However, education in Canada and work in Canada brings more points that you would need to have a competitive score.

You have to figure out if your foreign education/work is sufficient to get an ITA.
Does it mean that if I get my Master in Canada (and workd for 1 or 2 years there), I have a very good chance of getting accepted in Express Entry?

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hello good people !

Needed a clarification about job experience.
I started working full time when i was on my last semester of my undergrad study. The tenure is from September of 2013 to December of 2014 (almost 15 months). Then i moved to uk for my postgraduation. I have all my HR letters and payslips as well (salary was paid on cash). Does it gonna raise any issue? My final year exam was finished on february 2014 and certificates were issued on july of 2014. My crs currently standing at 447, will be creating my profile in a day as the score is dropping quite fast in recent draws. Would be glad if someone can help me out on this case. Thanks and happy immigration :D

R.INDER

Feb 4, 2017
Hi Everybody..

I have open ( post graduation ) work permit and I recently got LMIA. I have confusion in some express Entry Profile Questions. Anybody can help me answering these questions suitable with open work permit??

qus 1 : Does (name) have a valid work permit for the current job?
Qus 2: Is (name) job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
Qus 3:Has (name) been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?
Qus 4:Four digit NOC code of current work permit?
Qus 5: Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

pfernandes

Feb 15, 2016
I have a query. IS PCC required for all countries ( where we spent 6 months) since age 18 or for last 10 years only. I am 40 and getting PCC of 22 years ago would be extremely difficult. Would PCC for last 10 years suffice?

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hi Raj & others,

Couple of questions/doubts:

1. I applied for H1B in 2015 which got rejected in first phase (lottery) only, I should be mentioning this post ITA right ? I have rejection letter form USCIS.

2. With regard to reference letter, My reference letter doesn't contain annual salary and hours/week so would my relieving letter which contains my salary work ? I will also include last 2-3 months pay slips. Also for hours/week, following mail from HR would work ?

Use the attached skilled template which contain the following details:
• Date of Joining - (this will be as per Company records)
• Date of Release - (this will be as per Company records)
• Designation - (this will be as per Company records)
• Skill set / Role and Responsibilities in bullet points (Maximum 5-6 points) - (needs to be updated by you)
• No project names, client names,Hours,Time, Country Name and date should be stated while providing the skill set.

3. I have worked for a company in two different locations, at first location, I was a trainee (job title : X, just 2 months) and then transferred to second location (job title : Y). Now I have only one reference letter (with my last job title :Y) without mentioning any of my working locations. Should I create two records in work history and provide same reference letter for both? I will also be including my offer letter mentioning my job title X.

My roles and responsibilities were little different in first location as I was a trainee but reference letter start date has joining date.

Getting confused now, please help.

kasra.a.a

Feb 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm really confused and need help!

I've opened my express entry application 6 months ago and my overall point was 392. To improve my overall point, I sat for IELTS exam 2.5 weeks ago and received a much higher total score (over CLB 9). I've added my new score to the system two nights ago, but surprisingly my overall point didn't change!!

I've decided to withdraw my application and reopen another one to fix the issue. As soon as I clicked the withdrawal button my overall score changed 464!! But the application was already withdrawn.

Now I've tried 2 times (first time immediately and second time after 36 hours) to open a new application but after filling the forms and submitting my application the system says that I'm not eligible to apply!!!!!!!!!

I've talked to CIC and been told that this is a system glitch and I have to contact the technical team, which I've already did and are waiting for their reply, but based on my experience with their technical team I most probably will get an unrelated reply from them!!

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
kasra.a.a said:
Hello everyone,

I'm really confused and need help!

I've opened my express entry application 6 months ago and my overall point was 392. To improve my overall point, I sat for IELTS exam 2.5 weeks ago and received a much higher total score (over CLB 9). I've added my new score to the system two nights ago, but surprisingly my overall point didn't change!!

I've decided to withdraw my application and reopen another one to fix the issue. As soon as I clicked the withdrawal button my overall score changed 464!! But the application was already withdrawn.

Now I've tried 2 times (first time immediately and second time after 36 hours) to open a new application but after filling the forms and submitting my application the system says that I'm not eligible to apply!!!!!!!!!

I've talked to CIC and been told that this is a system glitch and I have to contact the technical team, which I've already did and are waiting for their reply, but based on my experience with their technical team I most probably will get an unrelated reply from them!!

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
464! Wow! What a solid ill luck for you man! Next draw would have got you an ITA

I was just thinking of withdrawing my EE profile today and creating a new one. But after reading your case, I have changed my mind.(Temporarily)

Can you tell me...how long did you wait after updating your IELTS score in the EE profile? Generally it takes 1 or sometimes 2 days to reflect. You should have waited.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Guys just need some confirmation on this:

Received ITA on 11th Jan. I have filled my application and getting all my docs in order (namely PCC & Bank Certificates). So it will take a while before I get an eAPR - Lets assume I finish everything by 2nd April.

Now do I lose points due to a birthday in between? I assume your profile gets locked and do not. But a confirmation would be nice.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Prats6 said:
Guys just need some confirmation on this:

Received ITA on 11th Jan. I have filled my application and getting all my docs in order (namely PCC & Bank Certificates). So it will take a while before I get an eAPR - Lets assume I finish everything by 2nd April.

Now do I lose points due to a birthday in between? I assume your profile gets locked and do not. But a confirmation would be nice.
A birthday after receiving an ITA is not an issue. A drop in CRS because of this will not affect your eligibility.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
rajkamalmohanram said:
A birthday after receiving an ITA is not an issue. A drop in CRS because of this will not affect your eligibility.
+1
So my CRS will drop though?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Prats6 said:
+1
So my CRS will drop though?
During the A11.2 check, the difference in CRS from the point you received ITA till you submitted the e-APR is calculated. There will be a difference of 5 points if there is a birthday (if you turn 30 or older) but this change will not affect your application as there is a public policy in place.

You will not see a change in your EE profile though.

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
Link --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
I am currently in a foreign country where I spent 6+ months previously, my post-ita documents are ready including the same foreign country's PCC. I understand if I come back to my home country after the holidays, I will have to provide another PCC from the country I am currently from. Now, what if I do not mention it in my application? How would they know that I am currently in that foreign country given that I already uploaded my passport pages before I went on holidays?

Srividya

Feb 6, 2017
Hi All,

I'm Vidya. I'm waiting for my ECA report to file an Express Entry profile.
My NOC would be 2173(S/w engineers and designers).

Can any one let me know the processing time for PNP like Sasketchwan, New Brunswik, etc...

Is it a god idea to go with PNPs?

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
TLOU said:
I am currently in a foreign country where I spent 6+ months previously, my post-ita documents are ready including the same foreign country's PCC. I understand if I come back to my home country after the holidays, I will have to provide another PCC from the country I am currently from. Now, what if I do not mention it in my application? How would they know that I am currently in that foreign country given that I already uploaded my passport pages before I went on holidays?
If you already have an AOR then you don't need to worry about another PCC, so long as the PCC you had previously provided was valid at the date of you AOR you're OK!

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Srividya said:
Hi All,

I'm Vidya. I'm waiting for my ECA report to file an Express Entry profile.
My NOC would be 2173(S/w engineers and designers).

Can any one let me know the processing time for PNP like Sasketchwan, New Brunswik, etc...

Is it a god idea to go with PNPs?
NOC 2173 is not there in SINP.

Only your CRS can help you decide whether to go for PNP route or not. If your CRS is 450 and above you are good to go without any nomination(keeping in mind the dropping CRS trend).

Good luck.